A right load of bollocks...

Should wolves be reintroduced?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Reintroduce wolves to the UK?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Victoria wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
wolves are gorgeous but i wouldn't want to live next door to one!

Me either, Lady M.

Beautiful animals but ones that are best kept at a distance.

i love this scene from Fantastic Mr Fox

Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Seriously, there are some creatures which can never be re-introduced to the British Isles, the Beaver is one.

Like all rodents, they have to continually gnaw to wear their teeth down. Beavers cause massive destruction to woods and forests and can change entire landscapes within months, with their incessant gnawing and dam building.

They were fine when Britain was almost entirely Wild Wood, nowadays they would just be a destructive menace to the countryside and environment.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:24 pm

but they're cute and talk funny!

Lady Murasaki

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Trapper John wrote:Seriously, there are some creatures which can never be re-introduced to the British Isles, the Beaver is one.

Like all rodents, they have to continually gnaw to wear their teeth down. Beavers cause massive destruction to woods and forests and can change entire landscapes within months, with their incessant gnawing and dam building.

They were fine when Britain was almost entirely Wild Wood, nowadays they would just be a destructive menace to the countryside and environment.

Eh we have Beavers in Scotland.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Oh and the reintroduction of them here, has been described as an outstanding success.
Vicky

Postby Bob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:41 pm

The world’s wild creatures are in crisis. In the past 40 years the world has lost over 50% of its vertebrate wildlife. Hardly anywhere is spared this catastrophe. In the UK, for example, 60% of the 3,000 species whose fate has been studied have declined over the past 50 years. Our living wonders, which have persisted for millions of years, are disappearing in the course of decades.

Interesting that Natural England.....ARE...

Look, for example, at the board of Natural England. Its chairman, Andrew Sells, is a housebuilder and major donor to the Conservative party, who was treasurer of the thinktank Policy Exchange, which inveighs against regulation at every opportunity. Its deputy chairman, David Hill, is also chairman of a private company called the Environment Bank, whose purpose is “to broker biodiversity offsetting agreements for both developers and landowners.” Biodiversity offsetting is a new means of making the destruction of precious natural places seem acceptable.

Private developers...Double standards are DESPICABLE!... :roll:

I am sorry this not directly about Wolves.... :smilin: but it is related.
Bob

Postby Trapper John » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Victoria wrote:Oh and the reintroduction of them here, has been described as an outstanding success.

You sure it's beavers and not otters?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:Oh and the reintroduction of them here, has been described as an outstanding success.

Yes i'm sure. It was Beavers, they were introduced in May after an absence of 400 years.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Yes i'm sure. It was Beavers, they were introduced in May after an absence of 400 years.

Yeah? ..... what two of 'em in a wildlife park or something? ........ that's not reintroducing them into the wild. :snooty:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:58 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Yeah? ..... what two of 'em in a wildlife park or something? ........ that's not reintroducing them into the wild. :snooty:

They were released into the wild. I do know more about what happens in Jockland than you. :snooty:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

They were released into the wild. I do know more about what happens in Jockland than you. :snooty:

Ok ....... well look forward to having no trees in Scotland by this time next year - they'll have chewed them all down and flooded you all out - serves you right!
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:05 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:

Ok ....... well look forward to having no trees in Scotland by this time next year - they'll have chewed them all down and flooded you all out - serves you right!

We know what we're doing and there's talk of them being reintroduced in England next year. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Maddog » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Bob wrote:The world’s wild creatures are in crisis. In the past 40 years the world has lost over 50% of its vertebrate wildlife. Hardly anywhere is spared this catastrophe. In the UK, for example, 60% of the 3,000 species whose fate has been studied have declined over the past 50 years. Our living wonders, which have persisted for millions of years, are disappearing in the course of decades.

Interesting that Natural England.....ARE...

Look, for example, at the board of Natural England. Its chairman, Andrew Sells, is a housebuilder and major donor to the Conservative party, who was treasurer of the thinktank Policy Exchange, which inveighs against regulation at every opportunity. Its deputy chairman, David Hill, is also chairman of a private company called the Environment Bank, whose purpose is “to broker biodiversity offsetting agreements for both developers and landowners.” Biodiversity offsetting is a new means of making the destruction of precious natural places seem acceptable.

Private developers...Double standards are DESPICABLE!... :roll:

I am sorry this not directly about Wolves.... :smilin: but it is related.

This is why you don't need wolves. People will politicize the issue.

Even here in Michigan and Wisconsin, where dogs and livestock are being killed, there are left leaning ninnies in those states that live in urban areas. They think wolves are cool, and people that want to control their numbers are simply right wing backwards ass country fucks.

Put another way, if anybody with some conservative street cred supports hunting the wolves, they will be against the idea, regardless of the biology behind it.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Pitbulls and foxes are enough of an urban menace without introducing more

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms