The ugly face of UKIP part 2

The ugly face of UKIP part 2

Postby philagain » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Alan Lay, who last stood in the town elections two years ago, accused Fenland Lib Dem councillor Dave Patrick of “scoring a spectacular own goal by complaining about unlicensed and illegal taxi cab runs in Wisbech by Eastern Europeans”.

He said in a letter to this newspaper that Lib Dems and Tories support policies that have brought “many problems to Wisbech including unlicensed cabs.

“Cllr Patrick should take stock of just how much other help he may have given them.”

Mr Lay said Cllr Patrick would do well to consider what a typical day in the life of a taxi driver consist of.

“Maybe he picks up an immigrant, drives them to the benefits office, and then on to view some social housing property, back to the benefits office, on to the Job Centre,” said Mr Lay.

“Next thing he takes them to a car sales to pick up a car that the job centre has paid for, this enables them to take a job that should be a British person’s entitlement. Oh I forgot, the wife is pregnant so she is taken to the hospital to have her baby. Then we send her back to her home country whilst we continue to pay her child and mother benefits.

“All this is paid for by us British taxpayers. I bet his fellow cab drivers really love him. Hooray for a brilliant own goal.”

Mr Lay said there was a petition in Wisbech against further Eastern European immigration “and this time next year many more will be eligible, ready to come from Bulgaria and other places.

“Perhaps Cllr Patrick will come and sign it?”

UKIP branch officials acted swiftly to distance themselves from Mr Lay, but agreed their campaign in May will focus on immigration.

Ken Perrin, newly elected NE Cambs organiser for UKIP, said their efforts would focus “on the system that allows it to happen not on the individuals.

“I think the line in this letter slightly over steps the mark on what UKIP would like printed in the press. I think on this one Mr Lay has been over zealous.”

Mr Perrin said it would be his job “to have a quiet word with Alan. We don’t want this going too far.”

Cllr Patrick said he found the letter “abhorrent and antagonistic and it could cause problems in the town.”

Tory county councillor Martin Curtis was among those who felt Mr Lay – who had asked for his name to be withheld - was among those who felt it was right to publish it.

“As a candidate he should not be allowed to hide racism behind anonymity,” Cllr Curtis tweeted.

EDITOR’S NOTE: Mr Lay had included a note in his letter which said: “John you know me well. I will be standing for election in May this year. I would prefer you not to publish my name. Regards, Alan.”

I decided not to withhold his name.

http://www.wisbechstandard.co.uk/news/r ... _1_1940141 :slap:
philagain

Re: The ugly face of UKIP part 2

Postby philagain » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Image :wurms:
philagain

Postby Rocthedog » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:55 pm

philagain wrote:Image :wurms:

Get in there UKIP...Your no worse than Communist Labour.
Rocthedog

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Rocthedog wrote:

What Communist policies have New Labour (1994) adopted?

Postby Rocthedog » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

Oh dear the TROLL is at it again...Leopards don't change their spots...Communist Labor can call themselves what they like...But they wont change....Communism Marxism and Troskyism still runs through that lot...
Rocthedog

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:50 pm

So there are none.

Intelligent people know that New Labour are as close to Communists as the Tories are.

Postby philagain » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

Oh dear the TROLL is at it again...Leopards don't change their spots...Communist Labor can call themselves what they like...But they wont change....Communism Marxism and Troskyism still runs through that lot...

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

UKPR POLLING AVERAGE
31 (Con) 42(Lab) 10(LD) :hap: :hap: :hap:
philagain

Postby spicy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 am

I hope that UKIP are a broad church of opinion like Labour used to be. It's not good for democracy to stem so called unsavoury opinions for the sake of political correctness.

Why don't you dig up the dirt on the other mainstream parties, let's face it they are the ones in power and they are doing most of the damage. :roll:

I will defend the right to offend.
spicy

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:38 am

spicy wrote:I hope that UKIP are a broad church of opinion like Labour used to be. It's not good for democracy to stem so called unsavoury opinions for the sake of political correctness.

Why don't you dig up the dirt on the other mainstream parties, let's face it they are the ones in power and they are doing most of the damage. :roll:

I will defend the right to offend.

sadly UKIP isn't a broad church.

You only have to google those who have been forced to leave for differing views on various subjects.

It doesn't make pretty reading for the UKIP leadership.

Postby spicy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:54 am

I am disappointed about that - but they must continue on.
spicy

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:04 am

spicy wrote:I am disappointed about that - but they must continue on.

The farther Right or Left one goes politically the less broad the church is, sadly.

UKIP are trying to reduce the Conservatives 'broadness' by appealing to the Right of the party membership and supporters. The Greens are doing this with Labour suporters to a lesser extent.

If they do make serious inroads it would mean that we would be like many EU govts and have 5 main parties

Conservative
Green
Labour
LibDems
UKIP

Postby Rocthedog » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Guest wrote:So there are none.

Intelligent people know that New Labour are as close to Communists as the Tories are.

So you say.......... And I disregard what you have to say..... Many former communist party members went off and joined the Labor party.....or did you not know that....
Rocthedog

Postby Rocthedog » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:29 pm

spicy wrote:I am disappointed about that - but they must continue on.

Don't bother with what he says..... UKIP will do OK I'm sure...Get in there UKIP...tell labor to furkoff......and any other party that gets in the way........
Rocthedog

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Rocthedog wrote:

So you say.......... And I disregard what you have to say..... Many former communist party members went off and joined the Labor party.....or did you not know that....

Many...I'm sure you can name some who are presently Labour MPs otherwise we will accept you are not telling the truth again

Postby Rocthedog » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

Many...I'm sure you can name some who are presently Labour MPs otherwise we will accept you are not telling the truth again

You really are a piece of work....... Your also a liar...a Troll and any indecent name I can call you..... Who was it said Labor are far removed from Communists..Then agree that there are communists within the Labor party.....Jeeze you really can lie can't you......Where did you learn to lie Was it as a member of the lying party.Lets call it The Guest TROLL LYING PARTY.....Ye that fits.....
Rocthedog

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs