global warming dead...

global warming dead...

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:27 am

will the global warming billionaire Al Gore now give all that money back he conned out of the public
:mrgreen:

The supposed ‘consensus’ on man-made global warming is facing an inconvenient challenge after the release of new temperature data showing the planet has not warmed for the past 15 years.
The figures suggest that we could even be heading for a mini ice age to rival the 70-year temperature drop that saw frost fairs held on the Thames in the 17th Century.
Based on readings from more than 30,000 measuring stations, the data was issued last week without fanfare by the Met Office and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit. It confirms that the rising trend in world temperatures ended in 1997

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z1kq049zUK
Big Fat Frosty

Re: global warming dead...

Postby Stooo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:45 am

:yess:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby trini » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:54 am

Fuck Global warming

I'm wearing shorts :mrgreen:

http://www.bing.com/weather/search?q=ka ... ORM=DTPWEA
trini

Postby Verum » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:38 am

I was just about to celebrate until:

1. The Met Office qualified their findings with "reduction of solar activity to levels not seen in hundreds of years would be insufficient to offset the dominant influence of greenhouse gases." and said in 2009, "The bottom line is that temperatures continue to rise and humans are responsible for it. We have every confidence in the science and the various datasets we use. The peer-review process is as robust as it could possibly be."

2. That Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) which welcomes the findings is run by a glorified PE teacher (Benny Peiser) and Thatcher henchman and Chancellor, Nigel Lawson. The GWPF also refuse to disclose their funding arrangements citing "privacy concerns" and has been described as a "fringe group promoting the interests of a very small number of politically motivated campaigners".

3. The piece is published by the Wail.
Verum

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Verum wrote:I was just about to celebrate until:

1. The Met Office qualified their findings with "reduction of solar activity to levels not seen in hundreds of years would be insufficient to offset the dominant influence of greenhouse gases." and said in 2009, "The bottom line is that temperatures continue to rise and humans are responsible for it. We have every confidence in the science and the various datasets we use. The peer-review process is as robust as it could possibly be."

2. That Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) which welcomes the findings is run by a glorified PE teacher (Benny Peiser) and Thatcher henchman and Chancellor, Nigel Lawson. The GWPF also refuse to disclose their funding arrangements citing "privacy concerns" and has been described as a "fringe group promoting the interests of a very small number of politically motivated campaigners".

3. The piece is published by the Wail.

No one with a brain surely believes these astroturf groups like TaxPayers Alliance, Migration Watch, Christian Voice etc. One thing does connect those four. Their press releases are reprinted without question in the gutter media and morons lap up their bizarre analysis, double and triple counting etc etc. These morons then log onto forums and poor out their bile against the groups targeted by these astroturf twats.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:12 am

nice story in the wail today
:cuppaT:

James Delingpole’s Watermelons: How Environmentalists Are Killing The Planet, Destroying The Economy And Stealing Your Children’s Future

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1lPFiqHYJ
Big Fat Frosty

Postby TeamRighty » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:24 am

its a natural thing, the earth heats up and cools by itself,, cutting CO2 wont do shit its another way to tax us.
we now have only 2 seasons on earth, summer and winter, spring and autumn have gone.
shame really as autumn and spring are my faves.
i think winter should be up in court on race charges as i know for a fact our "visitors" hate the cold, strip winter of its snow until the trial is over. lets make an example of winter, lets make it a constant 30 degrees C to help our foreign friends feel at home here and keep them happy while theyre spending their hand outs on semtex and rucksacks and sensemelia
TeamRighty

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:27 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:nice story in the wail today

James Delingpole’s Watermelons: How Environmentalists Are Killing The Planet, Destroying The Economy And Stealing Your Children’s Future

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1lPFiqHYJ

Delingpole is not known for ever writing an accurate unbiased article.

His rubbish has been debunked time and again.

So remind us how cold November was...

warmest for god knows how many decades was it? :gigglesnshit:

Postby wutang » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:56 am

That’s why I call my new book Watermelons — because it’s about zealots who are green on the outside, but in political terms, red on the inside. If only their views weren’t so influential, in schools, universities, in the media, in the corridors of power, the global economy wouldn’t be nearly in the mess it’s in today.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1lPgqoscu

Oh gawd, more 'reds under the beds' hogwash

wutang

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:01 pm

because it’s about zealots who are green on the outside, but in political terms, red on the inside. If only their views weren’t so influential, in schools, universities, in the media, in the corridors of power, the global economy wouldn’t be nearly in the mess it’s in today.

never heard of the guy b4
but i agree with that statement
i guess you warmista's are happy paying
all these new green taxes that are just a huge con
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:05 pm

wutang wrote:
That’s why I call my new book Watermelons — because it’s about zealots who are green on the outside, but in political terms, red on the inside. If only their views weren’t so influential, in schools, universities, in the media, in the corridors of power, the global economy wouldn’t be nearly in the mess it’s in today.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1lPgqoscu

Oh gawd, more 'reds under the beds' hogwash

I found Vladimir Putin under my bed last week by James Delingpole

Postby wutang » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:because it’s about zealots who are green on the outside, but in political terms, red on the inside. If only their views weren’t so influential, in schools, universities, in the media, in the corridors of power, the global economy wouldn’t be nearly in the mess it’s in today.

never heard of the guy b4
but i agree with that statement

What that the commies' have infiltrated the positions of power, the media, and the educuational establishment. Damn you Comrade Cameron!!!! Its 'reds under the beds' bullshit, idiots like this guy cant accept that he is on the fringes of what the capitalist class wants, so he blames it on the pesky redz and their communist takeover. The funny thing is he even admits that Big Capital supports it, because it gives them an advantage over its smaller competitors, basically capitalism 101 (the most powerful capitalists seeks to dominate the smaller capitalists), yet its still the pesky commiez behind it all :brickwall:

Big Fat Frosty wrote:i guess you warmista's are happy paying
all these new green taxes that are just a huge con

No, put that doesnt mean I see it as dude does - we either demand the state tackle ecological problems, or we dismiss the problems and/or let the market solve it all. I do believe that these problems, like global warming, exist but I see the solution as tackling the source of the problems.... capitalism itself. Expecting capitalism (whether its via the state or the market) to solve the problems of capitalism is a dead end.

http://anarchism.pageabode.com/afaq/secEcon.html
wutang

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:36 pm

“The planet has been warming,” says a new study of temperature records, conducted by Berkeley professor Richard Muller. I wonder what he’ll be telling us next: that night follows day? That water is wet? That great white sharks have nasty pointy teeth? That sheep go “baaaa”? (James Delingpole, The Telegraph)

http://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2011/12 ... tique.html

Another week begins, and with it another vehement attack on climate science by king of the bear pit that is Maily Telegraph blogland, James “saviour of Western civilisation” Delingpole. Del Boy has been taken to task by climate scientist Michael Mann, and replies with the usual combination of dishonesty, misrepresentation, and straightforward abuse.

Del claims to be taking the side of “the innocent taxpayers being screwed to pay for the great green boondoggle”, but in reality this is just another desperate and easily debunked rewriting of history. First up is the Soon and Baliunas controversy from 2003, following publication of their paper in the journal Climate Research. Del says that Mann and his followers ganged up to “shoot the messenger”.

What actually happened can be read HERE. Mann criticised the paper, and there were resignations from the journal, not least because the peer review process had not been sufficiently rigorous. Delingpole’s analysis is utterly wrong: Climate Research has not been closed down as he suggests, and then editor Chris de Freitas is still at the University of Auckland.

But Del has another go as he tells of Pat Michaels, whose PhD thesis has attracted the attention of Tom Wigley, who has asked for it to be re-assessed, for reasons he lays out. Del Boy claims that Wigley has sought to deprive Michaels of his PhD and that he had “[no evidence] whatsoever”. Delingpole’s own link shows that he is being utterly and serially dishonest.

But the really hot and steaming pile of bullpucky comes as he upbraids Mann for mentioning the case of Herbert Needleman, one of the pioneers of researching the link between lead contamination and childrens’ brain development. To support his argument, Del turns to Christopher Booker and Richard North (no, please, don’t laugh) and their book Scared To Death (available at Amazon for just 1p).

Needleman stood as an expert witness in a case against the owners of a defunct lead mill where houses had been built on land where waste from the mill had been dumped. His data was challenged and he was then charged with scientific misconduct. The law firm making the case declined to say who was paying for it. Needleman had the case heard in public and was cleared.

Booker and North – needless to say – take the side of those who challenged Needleman’s data, despite it being re-assessed and its conclusions found to be soundly based. The scientists opposing him had been paid by the lead industry. As a fellow scientist put it, crying fraud “can be used to railroad people you don’t like”. It’s a case of what Del is alleging Mann is doing, except for real.

As Delingpole can be so easily debunked, one has to wonder why he bothers. Next.

Postby Cannydc » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 pm

"lets make it a constant 30 degrees C to help our foreign friends feel at home here and keep them happy"

The missus thanks you for your kind words, D-D.

However, taking solace from a report in the Wail would be my idea of cold comfort indeed.

Or, as their 'reports' are often described, "An Inconvenient Set of Half-Truths".
Cannydc

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 pm

the likes of al gore have conned the fuck outta us
i didnt so much read commie into the red inside comment
more like green on the outside and corrupt on the inside
but as i said id never heard of the guy.....
:thumbsup:
so you still beleive anthropogenic global warming is real???
:dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs