UK holiday prices

Re: UK holiday prices

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:33 pm

Maddog wrote:So he's got it way overpriced based on comparable data. :cool:

Congrats, we got you there in the end! Thats what I said from the beginning, it's an utterly insane price.
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:40 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

Congrats, we got you there in the end! Thats what I said from the beginning, it's an utterly insane price.

I'm not opposed to insanity. My point was he's not hurting anyone . Let him ask 10 grand an hour. :wink:
Maddog

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:45 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Based on 2 adults and three children during the August week he wanted, this place at £2,520 for seven days.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/tranqu ... &#hotelTmp

or this bungalow at £4,108 for seven days. Ok its a bit further from St Ives but not way out.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/cosy-b ... #hotelTmpl

That's still absurd. Why would the average person spend that much on a bungalow for a week? No wonder so many people don't save enough money for their old age.
Raggamuffin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:10 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

I'm not opposed to insanity. My point was he's not hurting anyone . Let him ask 10 grand an hour. :wink:

Except cretins like that are driving people away. Read Stoos post. He lives there, or near.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Based on 2 adults and three children during the August week he wanted, this place at £2,520 for seven days.

or this bungalow at £4,108 for seven days. Ok its a bit further from St Ives but not way out.

That's still absurd. Why would the average person spend that much on a bungalow for a week? No wonder so many people don't save enough money for their old age.

Thats for a family of five in high season, self catering. I'd expect something like that figure but certainly not £71k for a week.
Grafenwalder

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:52 am

Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Thats for a family of five in high season, self catering. I'd expect something like that figure but certainly not £71k for a week.

It all seems absurd to me. Surely you can get a caravan for a week much cheaper. Nobody would pay that much to live somewhere, so why pay that much for a holiday? You don't even get food thrown in! People should vote with their feet and stay at home - just go out for days or something.
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:44 am

I suspect that this situation was caused by a duff algorithm, those computer programmes that raise flight prices as seats become less available.

That was probably the last week available.

Either that, or someone is completely mad with greed as well as being completely stupid, no-one will pay those prices.
Cannydc

Postby Maddog » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:00 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

Except cretins like that are driving people away. Read Stoos post. He lives there, or near.

What's driving people away are the prices they are actually getting, not the ones they are asking.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

What's driving people away are the prices they are actually getting, not the ones they are asking.

OK let's try it this way and see if it gets through.

If you hear that diners in Wyoming are ridiculously over-priced and you see a menu with a Big Mac Meal priced at $24.49 are you going to check every other diner or will you just decide that Maccy Ds is a business trying to compete with others in Wyoming and that's just the market price. Bear in mind you're not making an investment decision you're just planning a weekend away.

And before you say you would check every diner in a 200 mile radius, how many other people do you think would do the same.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:03 pm

Maddog wrote:
I would need to see recent rents from the area and what other properties are being listed at.

If it's way out of line, it will never get rented.

Or as we say in the real estate business when describing overpriced listings , the sign will rot in the yard.

Rents are pretty high due to the AirBnB influx from second homers and although pretty the place has been in decline for a long time now, unsold properties have traditionally accidentally burned down on Nov 5th.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:
I would need to see recent rents from the area and what other properties are being listed at.

Or as we say in the real estate business when describing overpriced listings , the sign will rot in the yard.

Rents are pretty high due to the AirBnB influx from second homers and although pretty the place has been in decline for a long time now, unsold properties have traditionally accidentally burned down on Nov 5th.

If the area is in decline, what's the draw?

Why would a drop a chunk of change to stay there?.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:29 pm

Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The draw is that the area is in decline.

Odd how it works that way but it does.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The draw is that the area is in decline.

Odd how it works that way but it does.

Ah, people want to pay more for areas in decine..
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:35 pm

Only to visit them
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Only to visit them

Let me know if you ever want to visit N Texas and would like to pay more to stay in the shitty areas than the nice areas. We can work something out.
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to UK News