Pregnant When Applying For Employment.

A right load of bollocks...

Pregnant When Applying For Employment.

Postby Major » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:42 am

I heard a little bit on the news earlier.

Should females, when applying for employment disclose if they are already pregnant?

Would you disclose such if it applied to you?

My view it is unfair on the employer if someone does not disclose such.
Major
Twat.

Re: Pregnant When Applying For Employment.

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:12 am

Only if it will affect her ability to perform duties as her pregnancy progresses. Heavy lifting, that sort of thing.

I’m not sure but an employer probably couldn’t refuse her consideration for the position unless as I said it affected the job directly. Most women are fine to work right up until the last month or so, when it becomes difficult to reach, bend down, etc. A woman should not be denied the opportunity to seek work or fear discrimination just because she’s pregnant.

It’s only ‘unfair’ to the employer when he has to make up the numbers when she’s on maternity leave, but that is her legal right. Do women have to be employed for a certain number of weeks before qualifying for maternity leave?
Nucks

Postby Major » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:11 am

Imagine you have your own company employing 6 people, 4 male and 2 female, one female leaves to have a baby and goes to live overseas.
You need someone else to do her job, why would you wanna set on someone who will leave you shortly either temporary or permanent????????
Why would you wanna repeat problems????????
Major
Twat.

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 am

Major wrote:Imagine you have your own company employing 6 people, 4 male and 2 female, one female leaves to have a baby and goes to live overseas.
You need someone else to do her job, why would you wanna set on someone who will leave you shortly either temporary or permanent????????

Anyone can up and leave their job though. It’s not an issue exclusive to pregnant women.
Nucks

Postby Major » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:33 am

Nucks wrote:
Major wrote:Imagine you have your own company employing 6 people, 4 male and 2 female, one female leaves to have a baby and goes to live overseas.

Anyone can up and leave their job though. It’s not an issue exclusive to pregnant women.

I cannot see the point in employing anyone that you know will leave you and then you will have interview and train someone else.
A lot of small companies struggle as it is.

Remember, as a employer of 6 people this is actually your OWN money..
Major
Twat.

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Did you know that men are also entitled to parental leave? In the interests of equality, surely you would see men being asked the same questions?

Should pregnant women be forced to stay at home?

Your posts read like women leave and never return to work. Maternity leave doesn’t last forever.
Nucks

Postby megaera » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Major wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I cannot see the point in employing anyone that you know will leave you and then you will have interview and train someone else.

That's the cost of being in business :dunno:
megaera

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Major wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I think that companies should screen candidates to see if they have bigoted views. They wouldn't be able to do their jobs properly if they had to interact with ethnic employees etc....

Postby Lucian Deville » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi

Thanks for asking.

Not sure how maternity pay works but we believe that one has to be employed by a firm for a certain time. One of my family started of with a small business and employed mainly women and the younger ones were often off as expecting a bay, off sick, cant do this/that and the other - no their business is bigger and rarely employs an ladies under the age of 45, saved them a lot of money and trouble. We said to them tis not against the law. They said not really as they are not discriminating against women below a certain age its just that they don't pass the interview/test as there is always someone better than them on the test, if you get their drift
Lucian Deville

Postby Major » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Major wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I think that companies should screen candidates to see if they have bigoted views. They wouldn't be able to do their jobs properly if they had to interact with ethnic employees etc....

How does one do such??????

The clevah ones will not employs effnix.
Major
Twat.

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:40 pm

Oh that’s right, I forgot your definition of serious debate means mentioning groups of people in derogatory terms.

I shall exit so you can carry on with your ‘proper debate’.
Nucks

Postby Major » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Nucks wrote:Oh that’s right, I forgot your definition of serious debate means mentioning groups of people in derogatory terms.

I shall exit so you can carry on with your ‘proper debate’.

Where are the "derogatory terms"???? Nucks.
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:25 pm

Of course you wouldn’t but everyone is too scared of people accusing you of being anti women. Ironically one of the main causes of the largely irrelevant wage gap are women taking time off and choosing not to work and have a family instead.

Women should be free to decide if they want to interrupt career for family but need to stop imagining the world owes them a living. Free choice is a good thing of course.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:25 pm

It should be up to the woman concerned if she wants to disclose she is pregnant. She shouldn't be compelled to do so however.

In any event I don't think employers have that much to worry about in this regard. While a vanishingly small number of women may try and game the system and take blatant advantage of maternity rights I doubt it happens that often. In addition, finding good quality staff and hiring in general can be an expensive and difficult process so I suspect if a woman is the right candidate then a decent firm will work with her to accommodate her pregnancy. It's this kind of co-operation which helps bind loyalty to an employer and is to their advantage.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Major » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:It should be up to the woman concerned if she wants to disclose she is pregnant. She shouldn't be compelled to do so however.

In any event I don't think employers have that much to worry about in this regard. While a vanishingly small number of women may try and game the system and take blatant advantage of maternity rights I doubt it happens that often. In addition, finding good quality staff and hiring in general can be an expensive and difficult process so I suspect if a woman is the right candidate then a decent firm will work with her to accommodate her pregnancy. It's this kind of co-operation which helps bind loyalty to an employer and is to their advantage.

When you are a small firm every quid counts, it is your own money, don/t waste it on con merchants.
Major
Twat.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms