The best airline?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The best airline?

Postby Dimples » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:12 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Dimples wrote:We have booked flights for a trip to New Zealand for next year and I was keen to try Air New Zealand as I had heard good things about them. When we priced up the flights we discovered that as our outward flight was still in the NZ school holiday period, the preferred flights via Los Angeles were going to be fairly expensive whereas the inward-bound flights were going to be quite a bit cheaper. On that basis, we chose flights on which the first leg of the trip was with Virgin to San Francisco and then Air New Zealand to Auckland, as that was going to save us quite a bit of money.

Since then, Virgin have changed the flight twice - once bringing the departure time forward by 2 hours, which meant we had to cancel and re-book our connecting flights from Edinburgh (and book overnight hotel accommodation)... and then they changed the flight again. In fact this time, they cancelled that flight and instead put us on an afternoon flight which was only going to give us one and a half hours in transit in SFO, which is not even allowable as far as US immigration is concerned.

After chatting about it, we realised that they could very readily change our flights several more times before we actually leave and mess up all our plans yet again so we thought we might just have to take it on the chin after all and cough up an extra couple of thousand quid for the preferred flights via LA with Air New Zealand in order to have peace of mind. We contacted Air New Zealand to bring their attention to what Virgin had done and to look at flying via Los Angeles instead. After explaining all that had happened, the customer service agent put us on hold for 5 minutes to speak to her supervisor and then came back on the line to tell us that she was moving us to the Los Angeles flight that we wanted.... and she didn't charge us a penny extra extra to do so!!! :canny:

HUGE kudos to Air New Zealand for an excellent piece of customer care. Big pants to Virgin for messing us around and needlessly costing us money to cancel connecting flights and book hotel accommodation. We haven't even flown with them yet and already I'm impressed with Air New Zealand! I hope this is a sign of good things to come. :thumbsup:

What a palaver? But great result in the end, well done. Are you going to both Islands? The south island has lots of fascinating glacial and volcanic stuff of great interest to visitors according to all my friends who have been, they say it is quite spectacular.
I have never ever been there and I can only hope I get the funds together to go one day.

A palaver indeed. But all sorted now, thank goodness.

Yes, we are visiting both islands so when we arrive at Auckland, we'll be getting straight onto a flight down to Christchurch. I daresay we'll probably sleep for ages after we check into our hotel. :gigglesnshit:

South Island does indeed look quite amazing, so we're really looking forward to it all and it's also going to be fun and games meeting up with all these relatives I have never met before. :hap:
Dimples

Postby Vladimir Putin » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:47 pm

Aeroflot
Vladimir Putin

Postby Fingers Crossed » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Malaysia Airlines? :ooer:
Fingers Crossed

Postby Holly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:57 am

Dimples wrote:
Holly wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Holly wrote:Hi Dimples :Hiya: ...this also helps

Air New Zealand named one of the world's safest airlines

http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/air-new ... es-6215552

Hi Holly.

Yes, that's good to know too. :thumbsup:

Are you coming down to Wellington again ? Paremata to be exact? ( that's where I am btw ) Or what are your plans?

Again?

I've not been yet.
:gigglesnshit:

We will be in the Wellington area for a few nights. I have relatives there so we'll be meeting up with them when we are there.

We're going to be touring both islands but travelling South to North - just to be different. :gigglesnshit:

Sounds great, how long will you be here for?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:02 am

Guest 101 wrote:I think I may have mentioned to you that Air New Zealand are my favourite airline!! :whistle:

Holly, you were probably thinking of me, I visited friends close to where you are, both times I've been to NZ.

Yes I remember now, it was you who told me about your visit to NZ and my area ...I knew it was one of you two ladies :smilin:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Dimples » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Holly wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Holly wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Holly wrote:Hi Dimples :Hiya: ...this also helps

Air New Zealand named one of the world's safest airlines

http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/air-new ... es-6215552

Hi Holly.

Yes, that's good to know too. :thumbsup:

Are you coming down to Wellington again ? Paremata to be exact? ( that's where I am btw ) Or what are your plans?

Again?

I've not been yet.

We will be in the Wellington area for a few nights. I have relatives there so we'll be meeting up with them when we are there.

We're going to be touring both islands but travelling South to North - just to be different. :gigglesnshit:

Sounds great, how long will you be here for?

We'll be there for three weeks. It's going to be a pretty packed itinerary. :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Dimples wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dimples wrote:We have booked flights for a trip to New Zealand for next year and I was keen to try Air New Zealand as I had heard good things about them. When we priced up the flights we discovered that as our outward flight was still in the NZ school holiday period, the preferred flights via Los Angeles were going to be fairly expensive whereas the inward-bound flights were going to be quite a bit cheaper. On that basis, we chose flights on which the first leg of the trip was with Virgin to San Francisco and then Air New Zealand to Auckland, as that was going to save us quite a bit of money.

Since then, Virgin have changed the flight twice - once bringing the departure time forward by 2 hours, which meant we had to cancel and re-book our connecting flights from Edinburgh (and book overnight hotel accommodation)... and then they changed the flight again. In fact this time, they cancelled that flight and instead put us on an afternoon flight which was only going to give us one and a half hours in transit in SFO, which is not even allowable as far as US immigration is concerned.

After chatting about it, we realised that they could very readily change our flights several more times before we actually leave and mess up all our plans yet again so we thought we might just have to take it on the chin after all and cough up an extra couple of thousand quid for the preferred flights via LA with Air New Zealand in order to have peace of mind. We contacted Air New Zealand to bring their attention to what Virgin had done and to look at flying via Los Angeles instead. After explaining all that had happened, the customer service agent put us on hold for 5 minutes to speak to her supervisor and then came back on the line to tell us that she was moving us to the Los Angeles flight that we wanted.... and she didn't charge us a penny extra extra to do so!!! :canny:

HUGE kudos to Air New Zealand for an excellent piece of customer care. Big pants to Virgin for messing us around and needlessly costing us money to cancel connecting flights and book hotel accommodation. We haven't even flown with them yet and already I'm impressed with Air New Zealand! I hope this is a sign of good things to come. :thumbsup:

What a palaver? But great result in the end, well done. Are you going to both Islands? The south island has lots of fascinating glacial and volcanic stuff of great interest to visitors according to all my friends who have been, they say it is quite spectacular.
I have never ever been there and I can only hope I get the funds together to go one day.

Yes, we are visiting both islands so when we arrive at Auckland, we'll be getting straight onto a flight down to Christchurch. I daresay we'll probably sleep for ages after we check into our hotel. :gigglesnshit:

South Island does indeed look quite amazing, so we're really looking forward to it all and it's also going to be fun and games meeting up with all these relatives I have never met before. :hap:

Will you be seeing Holly for a few drinks over there?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Holly » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:41 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Dimples wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I wouldn't mind at all but I suppose it's not on their list of priorities :gigglesnshit: Which of course is understandable...it's like when you go on holidays oversees and people at home ask you to go shopping for them :brickwall: ...
Holly
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Holly wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dimples wrote:
LordRaven wrote:What a palaver? But great result in the end, well done. Are you going to both Islands? The south island has lots of fascinating glacial and volcanic stuff of great interest to visitors according to all my friends who have been, they say it is quite spectacular.

Good point Holly :smilin:

"Dimples, can you please bring me back 1,000 Benny Hedgehogs, 1 Bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label, Two Bottles of New Zealand Red Wine, A Large Bottle Of Paul Smith Aftershave and a huge Toblerone?" :gigglesnshit:

I wouldn't mind at all but I suppose it's not on their list of priorities :gigglesnshit: Which of course is understandable...it's like when you go on holidays oversees and people at home ask you to go shopping for them :brickwall: ...
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dimples » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:15 pm

It might be tricky to organise as we have a very tight schedule but who knows...? :wubbers:

If we don't manage it this time, the future plan is to move to NZ for a year when Mr D retires so I'm sure I could fit Holly in for a few drinkies then. :Wiiiine!:

:awesome:
Dimples

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:33 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Holly wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dimples wrote:
LordRaven wrote:What a palaver? But great result in the end, well done. Are you going to both Islands? The south island has lots of fascinating glacial and volcanic stuff of great interest to visitors according to all my friends who have been, they say it is quite spectacular.

"Dimples, can you please bring me back 1,000 Benny Hedgehogs, 1 Bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label, Two Bottles of New Zealand Red Wine, A Large Bottle Of Paul Smith Aftershave and a huge Toblerone?" :gigglesnshit:

Bugger! I messed up the quote, never mind here goes again...

LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dimples » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:55 pm

LordRaven wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Holly wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dimples wrote:

You can have a plastic kiwi keyring and like it. :snooty:
Dimples

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:35 pm

Dimples wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Holly wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Will you be seeing Holly for a few drinks over there?

You can have a plastic kiwi keyring and like it. :snooty:

:grrrrr: :grrrrr:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest 101 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:08 am

There are no plastic kiwi keyrings left. I bought them all up last time I was there...I live in Essex and they go down a storm at car boot sales! :gigglesnshit: :gigglesnshit:
Guest 101

Postby LordRaven » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:36 am

Guest 101 wrote:There are no plastic kiwi keyrings left. I bought them all up last time I was there...I live in Essex and they go down a storm at car boot sales! :gigglesnshit: :gigglesnshit:

Any Echidna keyrings?
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms