weaponised props

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

weaponised props

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:04 pm

From Colin Powel with a vile of anthrax, to Bibi drawing a bomb. Corporate media delight in prop advertising with news papers more pictures than journalistic integrity.

In this instance I will focus attention on the fatal injury related to a prop gun (someone understands how I feel about taxes). But I certainly have no comprehension, or even want to know how Mr Baldwin feels at this time or the family of the woman just starting her career.

Most parents believe their children will out live them. Rarely considering the possibility they may have to bury a child. I accepted that fact even before my children where born, so let them know early on whatever happens in life there is a chance it can go very wrong very quickly. So make your decisions carefully, look out for your own and others safety before partaking in risky entertainment. Don't be to complacent, most extreme sportsmen or people working hazardous jobs are rarely fatally injured performing dangerous activities. It is when attention is draw away from simple mundane activities, the serous injuries often occur.

Why not simply design a prop gun to jam a live round when fired? A simple wedge or bar at the start of the barrel in front of where the chambered round would be so people can see it is safe them selves! Instead of being completely reliant on the expertise of others, we should be able to confirm their expertise at the very least. It also turns out the prop crew wasn't part of the film crew due to covid restrictions (or something like that) so a local crew was used instead.
art0hur0moh

Re: weaponised props

Postby drum » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:24 am

Someone needs arrested and charged for that. No live guns or ammo is ever allowed on film sets, EVER!! so who gave him the loaded gun and why did he shoot it when he did? it's all a bit suspect imo.
drum

Postby Jason » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:42 am

There are very realistic fake prop guns available that don't contain any kind of firing mechanism or any need for any kind of rounds at all, so that in itself could have been an option. A number of directors have come out since vowing to never use any kind of prop gun that has the capacity to fire live rounds again and that they'll add the various muzzle flashes later with VFX.

That might not have been an option with this movie as it was apparently a "Tier 1" movie with a limited budget and so I suspect corners were certainly cut. It's said that the crew walked out earlier in the day due to unsafe working conditions and non-union labour was hired instead.

While I think Baldwin shouldn't face any charges over this, it's clear there was a failure of procedure, at the very least, so someone needs to answer for that.
Jason

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:34 am

I want the Google [bot] to introduce it self!
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:36 am

A prop used for centuries, the fiscal judiciary and lawyers.

art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:00 pm

art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:05 pm

The Real Reason the South Seceded by Donald Livingston,
Abbeville Inst
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:11 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
The Real Reason the South Seceded by Donald Livingston,
Jenn West The Liberty Lion
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:20 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:The Real Reason the South Seceded by Donald Livingston,
Abbeville Inst
In the same way propaganda portrayed palestinians as backwards and poor!

The origins of the chancellor of the exchequer

Chancellor of the exchequer!

The details of the institution are clearly stated in the 1194 orders of Richard I, stating as follows:

All the debts, pledges, mortgages, lands, houses, rents, and possessions of the Jews shall be registered. The Jew who shall conceal any of these shall forfeit to the King his body and the thing concealed, and likewise all his possessions and chattels, neither shall it be lawful to the Jew to recover the thing concealed. Likewise six or seven places shall be provided in which they shall make all their contracts, and there shall be appointed two lawyers that are Christians and two lawyers that are Jews, and two legal registrars, and before them and the clerks of William of the Church of St. Mary's and William of Chimilli [fr], shall their contracts be made.
And charters shall be made of their contracts by way of indenture. And one part of the indenture shall remain with the Jew, sealed with the seal of him, to whom the money is lent, and the other part shall remain in the common chest: wherein there shall be three locks and keys, whereof the two Christians shall keep one key, and the two Jews another, and the clerks of William of the Church of St Mary and of William of Chimilli shall keep the third. And moreover, there shall be three seals to it, and those who keep the seals shall put the seals thereto.
Moreover the clerks of the said William and William shall keep a roll of the transcripts of all the charters, and as the charters shall be altered so let the roll be likewise. For every charter there shall be three pence paid, one moiety thereof by the Jews and the other moiety by him to whom the money is lent; whereof the two writers shall have two pence and the keeper of the roll the third.
And from henceforth no contract shall be made with, nor payment, made to, the Jews, nor any alteration made in the charters, except before the said persons or the greater part of them, if all of them cannot be present. And the aforesaid two Christians shall have one roll of the debts or receipts of the payments which from henceforth are to be made to the Jews, and the two Jews one and the keeper of the roll one.
Moreover every Jew shall swear on his Roll, that all his debts and pledges and rents, and all his goods and his possessions, he shall cause to be enrolled, and that he shall conceal nothing as is aforesaid. And if he shall know that anyone shall conceal anything he shall secretly reveal it to the justices sent to them, and that they shall detect, and shew unto them all falsifiers or forgers of the charters and clippers of money, where or when they shall know them, and likewise all false charters ...
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:53 pm

How did we get here Art?
I thought we were talking about theatre props no?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:37 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:How did we get here Art?
I thought we were talking about theatre props no?

yeah, it is the in the title
I might post as guest? Beyond giving a shit!
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:08 am

Too many people around who don't give a shit.
Sad that you've joined them.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:08 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Too many people around who don't give a shit.
Sad that you've joined them.
My not giving a shit is far from passive. I don't submit to tyranny!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jAOJHvll0
art0hur0moh

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug