Rolluplostinspace

Re: How often do you hoover. or dust?.

Postby Gabby » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:15 pm

Hey Wacko :Hiya: ... happy new year to you! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:27 pm

Gabby wrote:Hey Wacko :Hiya: ... happy new year to you! :thumbsup:

Same to you Gabs we have a lot of years between us.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Gabby » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:29 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:Hey Wacko :Hiya: ... happy new year to you! :thumbsup:

Same to you Gabs we have a lot of years between us.

We do :mrgreen: ... hope you’re keeping well, I read your posts elsewhere :wubwub:
Gabby

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:41 am

Used to do it every day. And that was before i even had a vacuum cleaner. A shovel would be the most reliable option now.

Sinks blocked with fat from the ounce of tea left in a cup again, only this time not had hot water or central heating for three or five months?

Cement and plaster drying out the lungs. Moulds and microbes in wall cavities, cross contamination and superficial treatment in inaccessible places. I have so gone off houses since joiners started using plastic and hiding every indiscretion with mdf.
art0hur0moh

Postby drum » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:47 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:Used to do it every day. And that was before i even had a vacuum cleaner. A shovel would be the most reliable option now.

Sinks blocked with fat from the ounce of tea left in a cup again, only this time not had hot water or central heating for three or five months?

Cement and plaster drying out the lungs. Moulds and microbes in wall cavities, cross contamination and superficial treatment in inaccessible places. I have so gone off houses since joiners started using plastic and hiding every indiscretion with mdf.

Are you in a private let ? And why haven't you any heating or hot water ?
drum

Postby Major » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:47 pm

Only when the char lady duz not turn up.
Major
Twat.

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:38 pm

Major wrote:Only when the char lady duz not turn up.

Snookerballs

Postby Twohoots » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:43 pm

Hoover downstairs most days. Upstairs once a week. hate dusting and only do it when I have to.lockdown has made me really lazy.
Twohoots

Postby xtras1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:53 pm

Going by the experts once or twice a week :mrgreen:

Daily if you have pets..

Bit of useless info there :twirl:
xtras1

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 pm

drum wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:Used to do it every day. And that was before i even had a vacuum cleaner. A shovel would be the most reliable option now.

can't be arsed getting it fixed. I have a pot and gas cooker, small electric fan i forgot about which works great at drying on the clothes horse due to fan. Electric shower. Place has needed an overhaul since i move in twenty years ago, with carpets and wall paper from the seventies. I do advise against removing wall paper exposing untreated plaster, it sucks the moisture out the lungs better than a ventilator.
art0hur0moh

Postby drum » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:18 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
drum wrote:

can't be arsed getting it fixed. I have a pot and gas cooker, small electric fan i forgot about which works great at drying on the clothes horse due to fan. Electric shower. Place has needed an overhaul since i move in twenty years ago, with carpets and wall paper from the seventies. I do advise against removing wall paper exposing untreated plaster, it sucks the moisture out the lungs better than a ventilator.

You should look into seeing if you qualify for some grants Arthur. You shouldn't be living like that.
drum

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:25 am

You must have a lot of fat in your tea Art but why?
I have fat in coffee but not heard of it in tea and to have enough fat in a cup to block a sink sounds like a lot of fat.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby common sense » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:21 pm

When my sister-in-law and niece were here for six months after our daughter died, SIL took to brushing the wooden floor in the lounge and kitchen every day and picked up with a brush-pan. Told her we have a hoover but she wouldn't listen. Guess she does that every day at home. I was cooking breakfast some mornings and she'd be brushing round my feet. :yikes: I said "look, wait until we've finished breakfast, cleared away and wife's left for work at 9.30 then we've got all day to clean" I know she was just trying to help and always hung the washing out when I asked her to.
common sense

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:46 pm

common sense wrote:When my sister-in-law and niece were here for six months after our daughter died, SIL took to brushing the wooden floor in the lounge and kitchen every day and picked up with a brush-pan. Told her we have a hoover but she wouldn't listen. Guess she does that every day at home. I was cooking breakfast some mornings and she'd be brushing round my feet. :yikes: I said "look, wait until we've finished breakfast, cleared away and wife's left for work at 9.30 then we've got all day to clean" I know she was just trying to help and always hung the washing out when I asked her to.

People like that do usually mean well but they can a pain in the arse.
Could be ocd.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug