Holiday 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Holiday 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:36 am

HobbitFeet wrote:we are thinking Japan, I want to go to south korea as well so we might do the two things together

daughter is fighting the case for a safari in botswana

northern lights is also in the mix

we'll probably end up in Wales :mrgreen:

Nothing wrong with Wales :snooty:

:mrgreen:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Text » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:15 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:we are thinking Japan, I want to go to south korea as well so we might do the two things together

You did not include trekking in the Amazon forest, Hobbit? That's a clear snub to those fine Amazonian natives, what's wrong with you? :again?:
Text

Postby drum » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:23 pm

Pack 10 suitcases full of hats, jumpers and socks and go to Shetland to see the lights. Pretty but freezing cold.
drum

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:26 pm

Text wrote:

You did not include trekking in the Amazon forest, Hobbit? That's a clear snub to those fine Amazonian natives, what's wrong with you? :again?:

god no, nobody actually does that

our things are at least real things that aren't done by maniacs :yikes:

in seriousness my dad always told me not to be too sensible with the inheritance and to use a small percent for a really good holiday that would never be forgotten, he made me promise really that we'd not spare any expense and enjoy the luxury without worrying about the pricetag, so I feel that I have to do that

all that list is things we probably would do anyway now daughter isn't tied as strictly to a school schedule (or won't be after her exams next summer) but we'd be doing them in a more budget conscious way, now we will pick one and go all out :mrgreen:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:26 pm

drum wrote:Pack 10 suitcases full of hats, jumpers and socks and go to Shetland to see the lights. Pretty but freezing cold.

we talked about that actually

how beautiful and wild would that be
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Text » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:40 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Text wrote:

god no, nobody actually does that

our things are at least real things that aren't done by maniacs :yikes:

in seriousness my dad always told me not to be too sensible with the inheritance and to use a small percent for a really good holiday that would never be forgotten, he made me promise really that we'd not spare any expense and enjoy the luxury without worrying about the pricetag, so I feel that I have to do that

all that list is things we probably would do anyway now daughter isn't tied as strictly to a school schedule (or won't be after her exams next summer) but we'd be doing them in a more budget conscious way, now we will pick one and go all out :mrgreen:

Oh I dunno ... Wales sounds a bit of a wild choice. What were you thinking? :shake head:

Hey I'm happy for you that your pop put all his affairs in order before his passing. :thumbsup:
IMO the most peaceful passing any one can have - is one where they KNOW they've done everything to ensure their offspring will be happy and well taken care of afterwards.
He did right.
Text

Postby drum » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:49 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
drum wrote:Pack 10 suitcases full of hats, jumpers and socks and go to Shetland to see the lights. Pretty but freezing cold.

I'd need to check but I'm sure there's a ferry boat goes up that way, you could stay on the ferry or get a cabin for a day or two .
drum

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:52 pm

drum wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

I'd need to check but I'm sure there's a ferry boat goes up that way, you could stay on the ferry or get a cabin for a day or two .

we were looking at japan train tours, and they had loads of other things one was a shetland northern lights thing I'll see if I can find it
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Honeybee » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:24 pm

If you take the Shinkansen / bullet train to Fukuoka / Hakata in the south then there is a catamaran thing that gets you to Busan in S Korea in about 3 hours. Busan not the most exciting of cities but very authentic. You can travel north from there towards Seoul. When we were overnighting in Fukuoka there was quite a big earth tremor which woke us up. :ooer:
Honeybee

Postby Jobless Oddball » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:24 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:

we were looking at japan train tours, and they had loads of other things one was a shetland northern lights thing I'll see if I can find it

I wouldn't bother with a train tour of Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I've heard you can go to Iceland to see the Northern Lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:20 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

I wouldn't bother with a train tour of Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I've heard you can go to Iceland to see the Northern Lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lapland tours look good too, there are loads of options to see them, it's not right for this trip but we will see them one way or another

why wouldn't you bother with the Japan tour? I'm interested in any views on it, it matters that I get this right
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Text » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:11 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:I might go somewhere new to make up for holiday 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staycation seems to be one of the buzzwords of the year.

What a shame that Summer 2020 is now a distant dream. :bawlin:

In one fell swoop we've gone FROM >

TO >

.. :yikes:
Text

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Text wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:I might go somewhere new to make up for holiday 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO >

A Staycation is staying at home and it's being used to describe the sort of holidays that a lot of people who are able to take one take. When I was a kid in London we went to Cornwall, when we moved to Devon we hired a motor cruiser on the Thames. Call it what it is, a bloody holiday.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:33 pm

Stooo wrote:
Text wrote:

TO >

A Staycation is staying at home and it's being used to describe the sort of holidays that a lot of people who are able to take one take. When I was a kid in London we went to Cornwall, when we moved to Devon we hired a motor cruiser on the Thames. Call it what it is, a bloody holiday.

Won't surprise me if there's a big rise in sales of campervans, motorhomes, motor cruisers etc.
Especially if bankrupt firms start flogging them off.
Even in the absence of travelling restrictions, no one fancies the prospect of falling ill - or worse - abroad.
Text

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:47 pm

A holiday anywhere would be pretty crap this year given all the restrictions... not for me!
Gabby

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug