Single Use Drinking, Eating Utensils When eating Out?

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Single Use Drinking, Eating Utensils When eating Out?

Postby Stooo » Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 pm

Major wrote:One cannot with any decorum at all patronise a restaurant and produce a grubby, possibly germ ridden penknife and use it to cut up fillet steak, how would one consume creme brulee with such a tool????.

Regarding a candle lit meal, pray tell where you have been or go now for such?????

Are you going to cut into your steak with a bendy plastic *knife* or use the razor sharp blade of your trusty Swiss Army knife when you have got a bit of gristle?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Snookerballs » Sat May 02, 2020 5:01 pm

Restaurants, pubs, social clubs will be one of the last industries to have the lock down removed , social distancing is one problem but many customers will feel reticent eating or having a drink alongside strangers

Many will have to come up with new ideas to stay in business, delivery service being one of them,

I see the Social catering Industry alongside holiday industry , Sports Industry taking the hardest hit following the Corona Outbreak .
Snookerballs

Postby Snookerballs » Sat May 02, 2020 5:18 pm

The Government are suggesting lifting some Lock Down situations but are suggesting that if the Public go out they are to wear Face Masks ,

I cant see how someone can drink a pint of beer or eat a meal out wearing a face mask . :dunno:
Snookerballs

Postby xtras1 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:42 pm

Snookerballs wrote:The Government are suggesting lifting some Lock Down situations but are suggesting that if the Public go out they are to wear Face Masks ,

I cant see how someone can drink a pint of beer or eat a meal out wearing a face mask . :dunno:

Where there's a will there's a way :Wiiiine!:
xtras1

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat May 02, 2020 5:56 pm

chinese use two sticks. sporran held a bowl and spoon. Most people had their own cutlery and meals being placed on a wooden plate, which was usually burned after use. Boil water with stones when using a wooden bowl. Slate or stone to cook on. Every large town had a potter before iron workers.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat May 02, 2020 6:00 pm

Snookerballs wrote:The problem is not about utensils in Resturants, it is Social Distancing the more tables a resturant has the more chance it will make money, so resturants tend to squeeze in tables in every available space ,

With Social distancing Resturants will end up with one person per table , so much for those Romantic Candle lit meals in resturants !

Couples would have to keep in touch with each other using their mobile phones on each table ,

i hardly like talking when cooking (only recently noticed that), since i was a kid i have been a drift eater not engaging in much conversation if i can avoid it?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat May 02, 2020 6:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:The problem is not about utensils in Resturants, it is Social Distancing the more tables a resturant has the more chance it will make money, so resturants tend to squeeze in tables in every available space ,

With Social distancing Resturants will end up with one person per table , so much for those Romantic Candle lit meals in resturants !

Couples would have to keep in touch with each other using their mobile phones on each table ,

Exactly. The inspection of washing up facilities and best practice in their useage is part of an EHO visit. Cutlery and crockery are the kings of recycling, why put even more plastic shit into landfill?

clear plates and cutlery, place on tray, throw into machine then put plates into storage for service. Not one person working machine and other working sink. Then there is the rinsing agents that are dark purpler on ph paper if machine isn't emptied often enough. The residue left caused a chefs fingers to split and weep working with bandages on each finger and gloves as best he was able. He hid ramiquins around the kitchen to see who found how many, i was asked how many i found. Enough to piss me of to the point i would return them to the place i found them if a cook was dumb enough to lose them so often, they can find them (a small white sticker would have worked way better). Took years for me to figure it out.
art0hur0moh

Postby Major » Sat May 02, 2020 6:16 pm

Stooo wrote:
Major wrote:One cannot with any decorum at all patronise a restaurant and produce a grubby, possibly germ ridden penknife and use it to cut up fillet steak, how would one consume creme brulee with such a tool????.

Regarding a candle lit meal, pray tell where you have been or go now for such?????

Are you going to cut into your steak with a bendy plastic *knife* or use the razor sharp blade of your trusty Swiss Army knife when you have got a bit of gristle?

I would send fillet steak back PDQ if I was served it with Gristle, I cannot remember fillet steak having gristle.
I have 3 Swiss Army knives in my collection of many, I make knives from scratch, I would imagine you have seen some on Dogs, some go to Poland to the wild pig men.

BTW Stooo do not let SB know if your carry blade is over 3 inches long or you will be getting a KNOCK from plod.
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Sat May 02, 2020 6:21 pm

Snookerballs wrote:The Government are suggesting lifting some Lock Down situations but are suggesting that if the Public go out they are to wear Face Masks ,

I see SB has AGAIN managed unchallenged to troll/derail this thread into LOCKDOWN AND FACE MASKS.

His sort should not be allowed FIRE WATER.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sat May 02, 2020 6:42 pm

Major wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I would send fillet steak back PDQ if I was served it with Gristle, I cannot remember fillet steak having gristle.
I have 3 Swiss Army knives in my collection of many, I make knives from scratch, I would imagine you have seen some on Dogs, some go to Poland to the wild pig men.

BTW Stooo do not let SB know if your carry blade is over 3 inches long or you will be getting a KNOCK from plod.

Where did I mention fillet steak or blades over 3 inches?

Thick twat.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat May 02, 2020 6:53 pm

Muslim women seem to manage eating with their veil on :dunno:

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat May 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Stooo wrote:
Major wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Thick twat.

The Major mentioned it, and you replied about the steak, so you're being unreasonable.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Sat May 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Major wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Thick twat.

The Major mentioned it, and you replied about the steak, so you're being unreasonable.

Really?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat May 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Stooo wrote:
Really?

Yes, really.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Sat May 02, 2020 7:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Really?

Yes, really.

Where did I mention fillet steak?
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug