Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: HOW DOEST THOU HELP YOUR OWN LOCAL COMMUNITY

Postby Abs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:18 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Abs wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Abs wrote:My brothers and I are taking turns going to visit my 88 year old mum, who hates being alone for even a day. We bring her food to make sure she eats, I bring her books to read. I spend the day with her and make her laugh and bring my speaker for my phone and play music and sing for her. She loves to hear me sing. We want to make sure she is alright or needs anything. She always hated being alone, but now with virus she is terrified and so stressed out. Other than that I am staying home alone so that when I do go to see her, I haven't picked anything up.

hi Abs

that is great, mum will love that helps her get through the day, because as we all know loneliness is a killer.

well done to your family :)

Thank you xtras, Yes she told me last night that if it wasn't for me and the others finally stepping up, she doesn't think she would make it through virus thing. She is not only lonely but scared.

oh bless her, that is understandable .

i bet your singing really gives her a boost and the visits, all we have to look forward to is knowing this wont be forever,

stay safe :smilin:

She loves my voice, :ooer: she says when I sing along with the singer that it sounds like I'm part of the band. I'm like mum "you just say that because i'm your daughter," she says "no I have always liked to hear you sing, even your teachers used to have such good comments about your singing when you were in elementary school" "I say mum, I can hear myself, and theres some notes I can not copy, he has a higher range than me" but if it makes her happy and you can tell it does, so why not I love to sing and it's only me and her.

I sure hope so, thing is my sister reads all this crap she finds on FB and crap about 'end times' I wish she would stop that it's driving my mum nuts. I am staying safe, you too.
Abs

Postby xtras1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:16 pm

Abs wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Abs wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Abs wrote:My brothers and I are taking turns going to visit my 88 year old mum, who hates being alone for even a day. We bring her food to make sure she eats, I bring her books to read. I spend the day with her and make her laugh and bring my speaker for my phone and play music and sing for her. She loves to hear me sing. We want to make sure she is alright or needs anything. She always hated being alone, but now with virus she is terrified and so stressed out. Other than that I am staying home alone so that when I do go to see her, I haven't picked anything up.

hi Abs

that is great, mum will love that helps her get through the day, because as we all know loneliness is a killer.

well done to your family :)

Thank you xtras, Yes she told me last night that if it wasn't for me and the others finally stepping up, she doesn't think she would make it through virus thing. She is not only lonely but scared.

oh bless her, that is understandable .

i bet your singing really gives her a boost and the visits, all we have to look forward to is knowing this wont be forever,

stay safe :smilin:

She loves my voice, :ooer: she says when I sing along with the singer that it sounds like I'm part of the band. I'm like mum "you just say that because i'm your daughter," she says "no I have always liked to hear you sing, even your teachers used to have such good comments about your singing when you were in elementary school" "I say mum, I can hear myself, and theres some notes I can not copy, he has a higher range than me" but if it makes her happy and you can tell it does, so why not I love to sing and it's only me and her.

I sure hope so, thing is my sister reads all this crap she finds on FB and crap about 'end times' I wish she would stop that it's driving my mum nuts. I am staying safe, you too.

hahaah yes mums are good at that... they hear & see with Love :smilin:

my friend is the same panicking over these audio recordings that have been going around, i have to show her evidence (after i have checked) that it is all fake, poor thing was getting into such a state, some spiteful people out there preying on peoples anxieties at this terrible time, they should be found and arrested :shake head:
xtras1

Postby malamute » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:15 am

Spent last night crocheting little straps with buttons for staff in local care homes to put on the back of their face masks. apparently the back of their ears get sore where the elastic rubs. These take the pressure off the ears as you put the elastic over the buttons.
malamute

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:54 pm

malamute wrote:Spent last night crocheting little straps with buttons for staff in local care homes to put on the back of their face masks. apparently the back of their ears get sore where the elastic rubs. These take the pressure off the ears as you put the elastic over the buttons.

that is a amazing so thoughtful of you, i have seen something like this on face book, what a wonderful to do .
and some of the photos of the Dr's and Nurses wearing the mask's after hours the markings on their faces are like bruises, so these will definately help!
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:21 pm

malamute wrote:Spent last night crocheting little straps with buttons for staff in local care homes to put on the back of their face masks. apparently the back of their ears get sore where the elastic rubs. These take the pressure off the ears as you put the elastic over the buttons.

Amazing work!
Well done.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Amazing work!
Well done.

Hey Rolly.
I was up your way yesterday and asked someone where the leisure centre was, they said over there and pointed to a sheep tied to a lamppost. :pmsl: :pmsl:
Major
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Major hahaha :gigglesnshit: it's so bad i had to laugh :laughing:
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:59 pm

Major wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Amazing work!
Well done.

Hey Rolly.
I was up your way yesterday and asked someone where the leisure centre was, they said over there and pointed to a sheep tied to a lamppost. :pmsl: :pmsl:

That was the sign outside the whorehouse.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Text » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:23 pm

Major wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Amazing work!
Well done.

Hey Rolly.

Your ''joke'' about your inside leg measurement in the locked thread in the Arms was quite disgusting. I was eating at the time. :pukeup: :pukeup:
Do you really think people need to read about your dangly bits at your age - even if they are just fantasy posts?

Who is the ''lusty female'' to whom you referred and what exactly were they lusting over - surely not your dried up old manky penis?
I don't find stuff like that funny so i hope you didn't mean me. :shake head:
Text

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Text wrote:
Major wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Amazing work!
Well done.

Hey Rolly.

Your ''joke'' about your inside leg measurement in the locked thread in the Arms was quite disgusting. I was eating at the time. :pukeup: :pukeup:
Do you really think people need to read about your dangly bits at your age - even if they are just fantasy posts?

Who is the ''lusty female'' to whom you referred and what exactly were they lusting over - surely not your dried up old manky penis?

You found it so disgusting, you brought it back up again. It had nothing to do with his penis, you weird fuck... :off head:
Dean

Postby Text » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Dean wrote:
Text wrote:
Major wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Amazing work!
Well done.

Hey Rolly.

You found it so disgusting, you brought it back up again. It had nothing to do with his penis, you weird fuck... :off head:

Keep your nose out. When I need lectures from a badly dragged up 14 yo teenage dad with the morals of an alleycat I will let you know.
Now go cry to the mods. :thumbsup:
Text

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:44 pm

14 year old teenage dad? :off head:
Dean

Postby Text » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:45 pm

I never go near Starbold, I don't care what he posts.
But sometimes he tries to make out that someone has been cyber-chatting with him- not having that. The very thought disgusts me. :pukeup:
Keep your big nose out of stuff that does not concern you, forum legend, you're only here to stir. :roll: :bell:
Text

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:49 pm

Text wrote:I never go near Starbold, I don't care what he posts.
But sometimes he tries to make out that someone has been cyber-chatting with him- not having that. The very thought disgusts me. :pukeup:
Keep your big nose out of stuff that does not concern you, forum legend, you're only here to stir. :roll: :bell:

You mention the Major first all the time, as you have in this thread. His post was nothing to do with you, so how about you keep your Big nose out of it...
Dean

Postby Text » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:55 pm

Dean wrote:
Text wrote:I never go near Starbold, I don't care what he posts.

You mention the Major first all the time, as you have in this thread. His post was nothing to do with you, so how about you keep your Big nose out of it...

Lying shit stirring bastard.
Dismissed.
Text

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug