HOW DOEST THOU HELP YOUR OWN LOCAL COMMUNITY

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: HOW DOEST THOU HELP YOUR OWN LOCAL COMMUNITY

Postby xtras1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:22 pm

you both have same avatar :gigglesnshit:

and no Major as far as i am aware no one needy near me.
xtras1

Postby Major » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:57 pm

So far U have only 3 neighbours.
The old Boy, the old girl and the retired bookie, I am not REALLY sure they are much older than myself if anything.
I would help the old girl if she would let me, I feel she will tell me to sod off if I push it.

The postman asked us all today if we were OK, needed anything
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 pm

xtras1 wrote:you both have same avatar :gigglesnshit:

and no Major as far as i am aware no one needy near me.

The avatar is Stooo plying at being Mr Big Man
Major
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:09 pm

Major wrote:So far U have only 3 neighbours.
The old Boy, the old girl and the retired bookie, I am not REALLY sure they are much older than myself if anything.
I would help the old girl if she would let me, I feel she will tell me to sod off if I push it.

The postman asked us all today if we were OK, needed anything

you mean you have 3 neighbours?

a friendly are you ok might help break the atmosphere... :pmsl: she may appreciate that.

that is very nice of the postman, they are doing a fantastic ESSENTIAL job.. :)
xtras1

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Major wrote:The community is advised by our government to do essenshul shopping and take a walk/exercise if one so desires, needs to.
I personally do NOT see many doing such here, some days there are more than other days but still very small.
Cue SB.
If you do not go out it is greatly reducing any help you can give to your community..

How doest thou SB help anyone during this tragedy??

How does going out help stop spreading the Virus in the Community ,,
Why do you need to go out ? you say you have a large Garden so why not exercise there ,
You have said you stock piled your larder and freezer so shopping is not needed .

As I said Before the virus scenario reminds me of Noel Cowards Song " Mad Dogs and English Men go out in the Noonday Sun "
Snookerballs

Postby Major » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:39 pm

I go out for exercise and to stop going mad and become a boring old snowflake fart like you SB
We are told to go out for exercise if we want to do such, I am masked and gloved up, keep more than a social distance well away from anyone else I see approaching.
Major
Twat.

Postby malamute » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:32 pm

I have two friends in the village who have cancer. One is about 70 and the other is 50. The older one I ring every few days to see if she needs anything and we have a chat which she tells me she enjoys as she lives alone. The younger one is married but when she goes for chemo they drop their dog off and I have him for the day. She also like me messaging her for a chat.

I bumped into another friend today, and from a distance we chatted. She has run out of books to read so I will drop her a few off tomorrow as I cycle past.

That’s the sum amount of my good deeds at the moment.
malamute

Postby xtras1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:48 pm

malamute wrote:I have two friends in the village who have cancer. One is about 70 and the other is 50. The older one I ring every few days to see if she needs anything and we have a chat which she tells me she enjoys as she lives alone. The younger one is married but when she goes for chemo they drop their dog off and I have him for the day. She also like me messaging her for a chat.

I bumped into another friend today, and from a distance we chatted. She has run out of books to read so I will drop her a few off tomorrow as I cycle past.

wonderful thing you are doing....
xtras1

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:53 pm

Major wrote:I go out for exercise and to stop going mad and become a boring old snowflake fart like you SB
WE ARE TOLD TO GO OUT for exercise if we want to do such, I am masked and gloved up, keep more than a social distance well away from anyone else I see approaching.

Me thinks you may have got that wrong , The Government have said that no one over the age of seventy should go out in a public area .

But then with your MilitaryTraining you must be used to breaking orders issued by the Government . !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51895873
Snookerballs

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:00 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:I go out for exercise and to stop going mad and become a boring old snowflake fart like you SB
WE ARE TOLD TO GO OUT for exercise if we want to do such, I am masked and gloved up, keep more than a social distance well away from anyone else I see approaching.

Me thinks you may have got that wrong , The Government have said that no one over the age of seventy should go out in a public area .

But then with your MilitaryTraining you must be used to breaking orders issued by the Government . !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51895873

On the Government website it just says that those over 70 should be particularly stringent re social distancing. It doesn't say they shouldn't go out for exercise.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ble-adults
Raggamuffin

Postby Major » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:01 am

malamute wrote:I have two friends in the village who have cancer. One is about 70 and the other is 50. The older one I ring every few days to see if she needs anything and we have a chat which she tells me she enjoys as she lives alone. The younger one is married but when she goes for chemo they drop their dog off and I have him for the day. She also like me messaging her for a chat.

Good on ya Mal.

Don't let SB know you have a bike or he will report you for PEDALIN DRUGS, the TYRESUM twack. .

Did you hear about the Irish wolfhound who watched a courting couple ride down his street on a tandem and threw a bucket of cold water over them.
Major
Twat.

Postby Abs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:46 am

My brothers and I are taking turns going to visit my 88 year old mum, who hates being alone for even a day. We bring her food to make sure she eats, I bring her books to read. I spend the day with her and make her laugh and bring my speaker for my phone and play music and sing for her. She loves to hear me sing. We want to make sure she is alright or needs anything. She always hated being alone, but now with virus she is terrified and so stressed out. Other than that I am staying home alone so that when I do go to see her, I haven't picked anything up.
Abs

Postby xtras1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:24 pm

Abs wrote:My brothers and I are taking turns going to visit my 88 year old mum, who hates being alone for even a day. We bring her food to make sure she eats, I bring her books to read. I spend the day with her and make her laugh and bring my speaker for my phone and play music and sing for her. She loves to hear me sing. We want to make sure she is alright or needs anything. She always hated being alone, but now with virus she is terrified and so stressed out. Other than that I am staying home alone so that when I do go to see her, I haven't picked anything up.

hi Abs

that is great, mum will love that helps her get through the day, because as we all know loneliness is a killer.

well done to your family :)
xtras1

Postby Abs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:25 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Abs wrote:My brothers and I are taking turns going to visit my 88 year old mum, who hates being alone for even a day. We bring her food to make sure she eats, I bring her books to read. I spend the day with her and make her laugh and bring my speaker for my phone and play music and sing for her. She loves to hear me sing. We want to make sure she is alright or needs anything. She always hated being alone, but now with virus she is terrified and so stressed out. Other than that I am staying home alone so that when I do go to see her, I haven't picked anything up.

hi Abs

that is great, mum will love that helps her get through the day, because as we all know loneliness is a killer.

Thank you xtras, Yes she told me last night that if it wasn't for me and the others finally stepping up, she doesn't think she would make it through virus thing. She is not only lonely but scared.
Abs

Postby xtras1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:03 pm

Abs wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

hi Abs

Thank you xtras, Yes she told me last night that if it wasn't for me and the others finally stepping up, she doesn't think she would make it through virus thing. She is not only lonely but scared.

oh bless her, that is understandable .

i bet your singing really gives her a boost and the visits, all we have to look forward to is knowing this wont be forever,

stay safe :smilin:
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug