What A Rotten Afternoon

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: What A Rotten Afternoon

Postby Major » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Have not been back long for the second time, I could not get thos b------- chickens back in, they extracted the wee wee from me, I eventually asked the old boy to come out, I went across the yard out of the way and he got them in straight away.
Major
Twat.

Postby guest » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:57 pm

common sense wrote:
guest wrote:This frail old man keeps goats and chickens and presumably is a farmer yet has to ask you for bread and he gets beaten up by his goats.

Why do you need to go shopping - your neighbors all seem to be farmers, one has a herd of 200 deer, another keeps chickens and goats and doesn't eat the chicken eggs.

He doesn't live near a loo roll maker. :pmsl:

He lives out in the sticks yet obtained over 500 loo rolls from the local shops and has an insider tell him when the next deliveries of loo rolls occur. No wonder his neighbors are running short of bog rolls.

Postby common sense » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Major wrote:Have not been back long for the second time, I could not get thos b------- chickens back in, they extracted the wee wee from me, I eventually asked the old boy to come out, I went across the yard out of the way and he got them in straight away.

Stupid chickens. Teach them a lesson and go steal their eggs.
common sense

Postby Major » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:19 pm

Animals and humans communicate in a strange way, the chix knew him by smell, sight, voice or something.
I fed foxes for several years and got within 6 feet of 7 of them together, I nearly got 8 at one time.

I was on Morningstarr then and showed many photos to the members, I still have some photos.
Sometimes animals are more loyal than people
I had a chat with old boy on the phone earlier, he said to help myself to eggs but always leave him 2.

When I get chance I will get him some laying pelletz

About 4/5 years ago he sold 1500 acres of farmland, arable, cattle, sheep, he ain't short but economical. :awesome:
Major
Twat.

Postby common sense » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:51 pm

What are laying pelletz?
common sense

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:53 pm

common sense wrote:What are laying pelletz?

He buys his eggs from a supermarket and has no idea.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Pellets of food with complete nutritional needs for a chicken that is laying.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby common sense » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:17 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Pellets of food with complete nutritional needs for a chicken that is laying.

Oh I see. Like women take folic acid. :yess:
common sense

Postby Major » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:33 am

I am told we have some laying pellets stacked up in the upper level of a barn, will have them checked out today if I can.
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:52 am

Major wrote:I am told we have some laying pellets stacked up in the upper level of a barn, will have them checked out today if I can.

If he's been neglecting it all make sure the pellets aren't mouldy or you'll have dead chickens or eggs that give you the shits or maybe both and if the pellets crumble easily they're knackered.
Butter will give them energy and fatten them up a bit avoid bread as it bungs them up and they'll stop laying.
Hang a melon up give them frozen or tinned peas.
Make buttery mashed potatoes and mashed carrot for them.
They'll eat almost anything.
Bacon rind sausages dog food.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby common sense » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Major wrote:I am told we have some laying pellets stacked up in the upper level of a barn, will have them checked out today if I can.

If he's been neglecting it all make sure the pellets aren't mouldy or you'll have dead chickens or eggs that give you the shits or maybe both and if the pellets crumble easily they're knackered.
Butter will give them energy and fatten them up a bit avoid bread as it bungs them up and they'll stop laying.
Hang a melon up give them frozen or tinned peas.
Make buttery mashed potatoes and mashed carrot for them.
They'll eat almost anything.
Bacon rind sausages dog food.

Cat food too?
common sense

Postby Major » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:37 am

Major wrote:Have not been back long for the second time, I could not get thos b------- chickens back in, they extracted the wee wee from me, I eventually asked the old boy to come out, I went across the yard out of the way and he got them in straight away.

Yesterday I loaded a Tranny with logs ready for splitting and sent it to the old boy with instructions to the driver NOT to get out of the cab, just tip logs in barn where he will see a few on the floor and scarper, he tipped them, the old boy offud him a tenner sparrow and he took it, TWACK, but that is human nature spose, speechless.

As I drove by the old boys earlier I seen him crossing his yard, he thanked me, said he had not been to bed but stayed up using his NEW log splitter I had made for him , he was just going to bed 9.30am.
He said he has a surprise to show me but I would not alight, dunno what, he just kept laffin as he walked away.
The Tranny has been sprayed in the cab with some concoction given to me by a farmer, dunno if it works or not.
Major
Twat.

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Major wrote:

Yesterday I loaded a Tranny with logs ready for splitting and sent it to the old boy with instructions to the driver NOT to get out of the cab, just tip logs in barn where he will see a few on the floor and scarper, he tipped them, the old boy offud him a tenner sparrow and he took it, TWACK, but that is human nature spose, speechless.

As I drove by the old boys earlier I seen him crossing his yard, he thanked me, said he had not been to bed but stayed up using his NEW log splitter I had made for him , he was just going to bed 9.30am.
He said he has a surprise to show me but I would not alight, dunno what, he just kept laffin as he walked away.
The Tranny has been sprayed in the cab with some concoction given to me by a farmer, dunno if it works or not.

I hope you made sure the logs complied with the new Proposal and legislation to be enforced within the near future

Certain types of woods/coals are going to be phased out and banned .

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/21/the-uk-will-ban-coal-and-certain-types-of-wood-for-domestic-burning.html

Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:14 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:

I hope you made sure the logs complied with the new Proposal and legislation to be enforced within the near future

Certain types of woods/coals are going to be phased out and banned .

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/21/the-uk-will-ban-coal-and-certain-types-of-wood-for-domestic-burning.html

Not here in Wales thankfully.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:19 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Not here in Wales thankfully.

Its on its way to being made law ,
Wood/log burners/Open Fires to be banned, Bonfires banned, Barbeques banned

My latest House Insurance renewal Policy now contains these exclusions .

Clean Air Act .
Snookerballs

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug