Twat.

Re: What A Rotten Afternoon

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:24 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Extra to what Major? We've been paying specifically for garden waste collection.

WE have had 3 bins for years now FG which have been paid for in our community charge which you would not believe how much, the council will now only collect 2 of the bins as per community charge but CHARGE £40 PER YEAR EXTRA OER YEAR TO TAKE AWAY GARDEN RUBBISH which they have already been paid for once

Why not get a Garden Shredder and compost the Garden Rubbish ????

Can you find him a solar powered shredder Snooks?

Dont have to, Renewable energy from solar/wind farms reached 40% of electricity to UK Homes via the National Grid 2019 .
And things will be getting better .

Yes we have a lot of wind farms at sea and on land here plus a growing acreage of solar panels .... all good stuff.
The world’s top wind turbine can power your home in one spin
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/biggest ... all-energy
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:29 pm

Mersey feat: world's biggest wind turbines go online near Liverpool

The planet’s biggest and most powerful wind turbines have begun generating electricity off the Liverpool coast, cementing Britain’s reputation as a world leader in the technology.

Danish company Dong Energy has just finished installing 32 turbines in Liverpool Bay that are taller than the Gherkin skyscraper, with blades longer than nine London buses. Dong Energy, the windfarm’s developer, believes these machines herald the future for offshore wind power: bigger, better and, most importantly, cheaper.

Each of the 195m-tall turbines in the Burbo Bank extension has more than twice the power capacity of those in the neighbouring Burbo Bank windfarm completed a decade ago. “That shows you something about the scale-up of the industry, the scale-up of the technology,” said Benjamin Sykes, the country manager for Dong Energy UK.

The project is the first time the 8MW turbines have been commercially used anywhere in the world, which Sykes hailed as a “very important milestone” for the sector.

Subsidies, friendly regulation and a maritime past have helped the UK install more offshore wind power than any other country in the world. Collectively they now have a capacity of 5.3GW, generating enough electricity to power 4.3m homes. Eight further projects already under construction will add more than half that capacity again.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/may/17/mersey-wind-turbines-liverpool-uk-wind-technology
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:37 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

[/quote]

Dont have to, Renewable energy from solar/wind farms reached 40% of electricity to UK Homes via the National Grid 2019 .

Yes we have a lot of wind farms at sea and on land here plus a growing acreage of solar panels .... all good stuff.
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/biggest ... all-energy[/quote]

Whats the point of these Wind/Solar Farms if its not to eliminate CO2 emmisons .

There is the argument that these Solar/wind farms use more CO2 building them than they save in situ . but that is another arguement .
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:50 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/biggest ... all-energy[/quote]

Whats the point of these Wind/Solar Farms if its not to eliminate CO2 emmisons .

There is the argument that these Solar/wind farms use more CO2 building them than they save in situ . but that is another arguement .[/quote]

Wind solar and nuclear consume truly massive amounts of oil to construct.
The point is we don't have an unlimited supply of oil and coal.
How much oil does Saudi Arabia have for instance?
No one knows because they have been caught now exaggerating numerous times their reserves to keep investor money coming in but the estimate is no more than twenty years.
Then you have the fact that the oil we consume comes from volatile areas and can suddenly be shut off and or price hikes happen out of the blue.
America now have all the oil and natural gas they need but I wouldn't want to rely on them either.
Wind and solar can give us a huge degree of independence and I think you'll find behind the scenes in the small print these considerations are far more important than anything to do with CO2.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:21 pm

Bit of a prob today, not happy.
The old boy asked me to go to post office to send 2 parcels to his son, I faltered for second or 2 and said "no mate sorry", I hated refusing but I thought it a bit of a cheek as in the parcels were clothing which I do not know the details of, he went a bit grumpy but he is OK now as he has had time to think, he has just phoned me, AOK.
He again said he has a surprise for me and asked me to go down tomorrow, I told him yes but he must stay away from me..

BTW, those b------- chix have still not laid.
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Major wrote:Bit of a prob today, not happy.
The old boy asked me to go to post office to send 2 parcels to his son, I faltered for second or 2 and said "no mate sorry", I hated refusing but I thought it a bit of a cheek as in the parcels were clothing which I do not know the details of, he went a bit grumpy but he is OK now as he has had time to think, he has just phoned me, AOK.
He again said he has a surprise for me and asked me to go down tomorrow, I told him yes but he must stay away from me..

Might be time to turn them into pet food.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Might be time to turn them into pet food.

I have scrounged 2 guinea fowl which will be left outside my house tomorrow, I like guinea fowl eggs
Major
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:40 am

great read everyone, keep it up :smilin:
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:49 pm

xtras1 wrote:great read everyone, keep it up :smilin:

One of the Majors better threads maybe .... :header:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby xtras1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:38 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
xtras1 wrote:great read everyone, keep it up :smilin:

One of the Majors better threads maybe .... :header:

it is easy on the eye :smilin:
xtras1

Postby common sense » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:46 pm

Probably just some more eggs Major. BTW I'd have posted hs parcels. What did you think was in there, drugs or dead chickens?
common sense

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug