My Covid19 worry

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: My Covid19 worry

Postby guest » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:23 am

Abs wrote:... I am at greater risk for getting the virus due to all my medical problems, being older and being a cancer survivor. But I'm not worried at all. I haven't even been taking my xanax. I can't believe I'm not freaking out or having anxiety or panic attacks.

I don't think you are a greater risk of getting the virus, but if you get the virus you are at a greater risk of getting it in the severe form.

Postby guest » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:23 am

Just want to add that stressing over something is not good for your health and extreme stress is believed to lower the human immune system. So it is good if you are not overly anxious over this and just follow government advice and be cautious.

There are a lot of scare-mongering stories because that's how the media make their money. Coronavirus is serious but it is not the end of the world.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:32 am

Now that people have got the message of social distancing it’s the mental worry/ impact that we need to take care of. You don’t need to be in the same room as someone to take care of them. Talk over the phone more often, it’s the little things that count.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Abs » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:10 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Abs wrote:
dr synne wrote:
Abs wrote:
dr synne wrote:Nope you aren't the only one. I feel the same way for some reason and I am at greater risk for getting the virus due to all my medical problems, being older and being a cancer survivor. But I'm not worried at all. I haven't even been taking my xanax. I can't believe I'm not freaking out or having anxiety or panic attacks.

It's weird isn't it. But don't get complacent and do take neccessary precautions given your circumstances. :smilin:

I follow the advice because I don't want to be a risk to others if I can help it.

Yes I am being very careful, I haven't even been by to see my mother, but thankfully by siblings have stepped up and tend to her needs, which at the top of her list is visitation. She is 87 but in pretty good health. I spend a lot of time with her but with everyone else coming and going to see her, I don't think it's a good idea right now.

Hi Abs your connection/puter problems solved then?
Glad you're not panicking never does any good.
I'm at increased threat too but getting on the best I can and missing the world somewhat but .... staying in as much as possible washing my hands and generally relaxing.

Hi Jack, Yes, had this guy look at it and he said it was the power supply unit. I went and bought one and it still didn't work. So I ended up taking it to a shop. It was the graphics card. Since the computer was getting old and it has this big clunky tower which I don't like, I decided to get another comp. Just brought a cheap refurbished one. I haven't used it much. I have never even seen windows 10 before, so getting used to that. I still need to put things back on that are stored on an external hard drive.

To be honest I can't believe it's been like 8 months since I had a working computer and I didn't really mind. I had my phone. But I lost interest in being online, well since my son's death I've lost interest in just about everything. :dunno: So it didn't bother me much at all. I'm doing ok with the stay at home since I don't go out much anyways. Just miss my days with mum. I'm glad you are getting on and doing what you have to. Stay safe. :Hiya:
Abs

Postby Abs » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:18 am

guest wrote:Just want to add that stressing over something is not good for your health and extreme stress is believed to lower the human immune system. So it is good if you are not overly anxious over this and just follow government advice and be cautious.

There are a lot of scare-mongering stories because that's how the media make their money. Coronavirus is serious but it is not the end of the world.

Yes I know that and keep telling my mum to quit worrying and stressing. She is just freaking out over this. I was thinking about making some relaxation and anti-stress cd's for her to listen to get her to calm down.

My sister keeps telling my mum about things she reads on Facebook which only makes things worse. I told mum not to listen to her because most of it isn't true and you don't know which one to believe.
Abs

Postby Abs » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:21 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Now that people have got the message of social distancing it’s the mental worry/ impact that we need to take care of. You don’t need to be in the same room as someone to take care of them. Talk over the phone more often, it’s the little things that count.

Hi LM hope you are keeping well. I'm not a phone person I like to get on and off as soon as possible. So before this crisis my mum would call me 3 times a day and not for just a few moments closer to a half hour, sometimes more. I got used to using speaker all the time so my hand don't fall asleep. Now she wants to talk like 5 times a day. Ugh
Abs

Postby art » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:06 am

Abs wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Now that people have got the message of social distancing it’s the mental worry/ impact that we need to take care of. You don’t need to be in the same room as someone to take care of them. Talk over the phone more often, it’s the little things that count.

Hi LM hope you are keeping well. I'm not a phone person I like to get on and off as soon as possible. So before this crisis my mum would call me 3 times a day and not for just a few moments closer to a half hour, sometimes more. I got used to using speaker all the time so my hand don't fall asleep. Now she wants to talk like 5 times a day. Ugh

hey there Abs nice to see you again.
You could show your mum that many of the fake stories are easily referenced and can be proven untrue quickly. Simplest is to verify the web address. Though i doubt this strain is as serious as the asian flu that hit us before the nhs decided to give everyone vaccines.

If there was a 10% mortality rate in might be concerned, definitely if it reached 25-50%. But it is still within the lower ranges of mortality in relation to other recent pandemics.

Fish can't live in pure water.
art

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:27 am

Abs wrote:

Hi Abs, how are you? I’m well but I have some concerns about family members. Everyone’s communicating a lot more regularly now irl just for peace of mind. The news output is mind boggling and if you watch too much it can drive you nuts. Older people people prefer a chat to a text, I’m fine with that. Normality is putting my mind at ease during these weird times.
Youtube has some really good calming films, it’s like meditating without having to meditate. Something to just help your mind switch off for a while.
phpBB [video]
Lady Murasaki

Postby Abs » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:40 am

Heya LM. I'm doing alright. I was checking out the you tube vids you posted, I need these for my mum, she is just too stressed out over all this virus crap.
Abs

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:47 pm

My worry now, as the Easter weekend is upon us, it that we're now at the point where a review was due and there seem to be some people thinking that we've done enough and should now start getting back to normal.

Sadly that's not the case. Wuhan was locked down far more stringently and it has taken them 76 days to bring the problem back under control, with our mere 21 days we've got a long road still to travel
Cactus Jack

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:My worry now, as the Easter weekend is upon us, it that we're now at the point where a review was due and there seem to be some people thinking that we've done enough and should now start getting back to normal.

Sadly that's not the case. Wuhan was locked down far more stringently and it has taken them 76 days to bring the problem back under control, with our mere 21 days we've got a long road still to travel

That worries me too. People seem to think that another couple of weeks will do it. Maybe it will have peaked but that doesn't mean the virus is going away any time soon.
Raggamuffin

Postby Major » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:32 pm

I think exactly the same, FG

The only person in the world who knew in advance about this tragedy is Snookerballs, he knows everything, :roll:
Major
Twat.

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:39 am

Major wrote:I think exactly the same, FG

The only person in the world who knew in advance about this tragedy is Snookerballs, he knows everything, :roll:

So you are finally admitting what I said over the last few weeks is correct advice !!!

Stay in Stay Safe
Snookerballs

Postby xtras1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:57 am

Snookerballs wrote:
malamute wrote:Most of our small villages along the Norfolk coast are packed with people coming to their second homes and caravans from London and other densely populated places. Our councils have now closed their car parks to deter people and are begging people to go back to their permanent homes. It’s not right that they are buying up everything in our local shops and could take the place of a local person at the GP or hospital. They have the money to come here and buy whatever they like and spread their germs around in the process. They don’t give a thought to local workers on minimum wage who can only afford a few groceries at a time.

I did hear that caravan sites are closing so that might get rid of some of them.

Even Kate and William and their kids and staff have descended on Norfolk now!

Words fail me , Royalty should show an example to us subjects

We are experiencing the same problem here on the IOW, Holiday camp sites are starting to fill up despite yesterdays announcements that these sites will be closed
The club Houses and Laundry facilities have been closed , what do these people think they can do during the daytime
Our Hospital only has 8 ICU beds these must be available for the Island Population not filled by people from the main land .

Really selfish of these people... I read Gordon Ramsay getting some stick for retreating to his second home in Cornwall.

They just think they are above rest of us :shake head:
xtras1

Postby art0 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:55 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:My worry now, as the Easter weekend is upon us, it that we're now at the point where a review was due and there seem to be some people thinking that we've done enough and should now start getting back to normal.

That worries me too. People seem to think that another couple of weeks will do it. Maybe it will have peaked but that doesn't mean the virus is going away any time soon.

over 98% of the population has not died there for it is an old pathogen we have lived with for a long time.
art0

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug