My Covid19 worry

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: My Covid19 worry

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:23 pm

As welcome as all comments are I hoped that opening up this thread would allow people to share their personal experiences and concerns.

Some of the comments here are very good and merit discussion in the many News threads but I don't see them as personal experiences.
Cactus Jack

Postby dr synne » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:As welcome as all comments are I hoped that opening up this thread would allow people to share their personal experiences and concerns.

Some of the comments here are very good and merit discussion in the many News threads but I don't see them as personal experiences.

My worry is being locked down at work if one of our residents go down with it.

Luckily I'm not aware of any loved ones who are at risk from Covid 19 and I've spoken with elderly neighbours and said I will do any shopping they need if they are too worried to go out.

So far the only worrying thing is the way people are over reacting and making a worrying situation worse than it needs to be IMO.

Speculation wise, if the virus does the rounds then comes back in a much more aggressive form like the 1918 flu did.
dr synne

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:53 pm

As you've getting the same cough year in, year out, I think you will know the difference. Listen to your body and nstincts and block everything else out to do the right thing.

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:44 pm

I'm worried that the Wetherspoons will close. :bawlin:
Raggamuffin

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:As welcome as all comments are I hoped that opening up this thread would allow people to share their personal experiences and concerns.

I think it is hard to share your own experiences and concerns, there are forum members that may not troll this section due to policing, but that will take the information, store it for later, and use it when it suits to try to rattle you

and it frustrates me that I can't stop that happening beyond the most basic of points
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm worried that the Wetherspoons will close. :bawlin:

They’ve no choice now...
Gabby

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Gabby wrote:

They’ve no choice now...

Sod it! I was there earlier tonight - didn't know it would be the last time for ages.
Raggamuffin

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:57 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Gabby wrote:

They’ve no choice now...

Sod it! I was there earlier tonight - didn't know it would be the last time for ages.

Time has finally caught up with Tim Martin, he needed a "Kick up the backside" for a long time .
Snookerballs

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:00 am

Guest wrote:As you've getting the same cough year in, year out, I think you will know the difference. Listen to your body and nstincts and block everything else out to do the right thing.

Unfortunately that's not the case.

People with seasonal allergies will get a dry persistent cough that is entirely consistent with the symptoms of Covid19, the only difference being that seasonal allergies don't give you a fever and Covid19 does. The only way to monitor it for them is to take their temperature.

Also it's now certain that people are asymptomatic carriers. Although they don't get ill they're unknowingly spreading the virus far and wide.
Cactus Jack

Postby Snookerballs » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Guest wrote:As you've getting the same cough year in, year out, I think you will know the difference. Listen to your body and nstincts and block everything else out to do the right thing.

Unfortunately that's not the case.

Also it's now certain that people are asymptomatic carriers. Although they don't get ill they're unknowingly spreading the virus far and wide.

Here on the Isle of Wight we are facing the problem of families coming from the mainland to their Holiday Homes and spreading the virus, treating it as an early Easter Break .

There is talk of total lockdown on the Island other than key workers
Our Hospital is in the Top Four " At Risk " Category in the Country ,

Snookerballs

Postby Major » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:38 pm

People are free to go to the I O W, to their holiday homes
Major
Twat.

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Major wrote:People are free to go to the I O W, to their holiday homes

Not anymore.
Cactus Jack

Postby Snookerballs » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:39 pm

As a so called Military man you do not seem to understand the meaning of "Martial Law"

Which basically is what we have now

Every thing is being closed down except for Food, Medicines, Petrol and Key Workers the next stage is Military and Police on the Streets to enforce the law . .
Snookerballs

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:08 am

Snookerballs wrote:

As a so called Military man you do not seem to understand the meaning of "Martial Law"

Which basically is what we have now

Every thing is being closed down except for Food, Medicines, Petrol and Key Workers the next stage is Military and Police on the Streets to enforce the law . .

Major was posting at 6:38, the UK was a very different country less than two hours later
Cactus Jack

Postby malamute » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:49 am

Most of our small villages along the Norfolk coast are packed with people coming to their second homes and caravans from London and other densely populated places. Our councils have now closed their car parks to deter people and are begging people to go back to their permanent homes. It’s not right that they are buying up everything in our local shops and could take the place of a local person at the GP or hospital. They have the money to come here and buy whatever they like and spread their germs around in the process. They don’t give a thought to local workers on minimum wage who can only afford a few groceries at a time.

I did hear that caravan sites are closing so that might get rid of some of them.

Even Kate and William and their kids and staff have descended on Norfolk now!
malamute

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug