Do You Regret ANYTHING

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Do You Regret ANYTHING

Postby Major » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:06 pm

The first house was given to me by my grandmother, who incidentally was bombed out twice during WW2.
I had visions of buying it back when it went on the market, we did view it 30 odd years after but it did not have the same feel to me, so many changes.
It is a solicitors office now.
Major
Twat.

Postby dr synne » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:21 pm

BPhee wrote:
Gabby wrote:
BPhee wrote:
Dean wrote:
BPhee wrote:The person i mated with. I will never forgive myself for that one.

You’ve only mated with one person?

Haha no. I meant who i had a child with. Sorry for the confusion.

But he did give you a kid, who I assume you love very much.... so some good came of it, yeah? :dunno:

It's hard to explain.. i do love my child very much but i should have left him long before that happened. Now i feel responsible for her having a half ass Dad. :shake head:

It's the dad who's responsible for being a half ass, not you.
dr synne

Postby Major » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:45 pm

This is a wind up imho
Major
Twat.

Postby calitom » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:31 am

this is too painful a subject.....we all regret something. I have a few doozies that i suppose i will completely get over when they pour dirt on me.
calitom

Postby Major » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 am

The female should take the contrdictive pill.
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:57 pm

I don't see how you can be a fully fledged fully grown adult without regrets.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:14 pm

Major wrote:The female should take the contrdictive pill.

That's a Frank Carson joke.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I don't see how you can be a fully fledged fully grown adult without regrets.

The trick is not to let them fill the rest of your life, I often wonder how much of depression is fuelled by regret.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I don't see how you can be a fully fledged fully grown adult without regrets.

The trick is not to let them fill the rest of your life, I often wonder how much of depression is fuelled by regret.

I've seen that in people Stooo.
They cannot let go of a mistake they made in life often the kind of mistake that should be reasonably easy to move on from.
If only oh woe is me!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:45 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

They cannot let go of a mistake they made in life often the kind of mistake that should be reasonably easy to move on from.
If only oh woe is me!

I went through a bad patch a while ago. When I finally decided to actually do something about how I was feeling and talk to somebody about the past it was like releasing the albatross from around my neck. I'm still working through it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

If only oh woe is me!

I went through a bad patch a while ago. When I finally decided to actually do something about how I was feeling and talk to somebody about the past it was like releasing the albatross from around my neck. I'm still working through it.

I found writing talking and helping others .... any others who need helping.
Many people don't seem to be able to unload those bags of crap they are carrying through their lives .... they can weigh a man down good thing to drop them.
Some seem to not want to drop those dead weights and will carry them to the grave.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:13 pm

just about impossible...
calitom

Postby malamute » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

If only oh woe is me!

Talking to the right person is good. If the right person is not around another thing you could try is focus on your problem or concern for a few minutes. then relax and imagine a slow flowing stream with leaves floating on it. Put those problems on a leaf and watch them float downstream and give them no more time.
malamute

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:04 pm

I have a few, to few to mention. Always been conscious enough to understand the limits of my own indulgences. Sadest are the ones where intentions where not clear and feeling as though the piss was being take out of you for years, only to discover the complete opposite. Peace, Love, Happiness
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:13 am

art0hur0moh wrote:I have a few, to few to mention. Always been conscious enough to understand the limits of my own indulgences. Sadest are the ones where intentions where not clear and feeling as though the piss was being take out of you for years, only to discover the complete opposite. Peace, Love, Happiness

What i mean is. At times where there should have been a smile and a long lasting memory, that encourages and pushes a person in the right direction, there is a memory of suppressed emotions. I remember my Son being tall enough to walk under the table, and ironing board. Daughter in considerate thought as she scrutinizes her artistic talents with make up. Getting blinded with soap trying to wash eyeliner off. I decided a long time ago what I would regret not giving my undivided attention to.

My rule of thumb for a long time has been, 'if at a time in the future would you miss doing something due to inability. So i climbed my fence, till I felt i was being to lazy. If I go deaf, i would like to learn to read music so i can still hear the tune.

One of my favorite times is singing a tune in the afternoon as i potter about. Why did't I know any real singers? Polyphonic harmonies would have become a favorite pass time, and I would never have risked my voice with smoking.
art0hur0moh

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug