Asthma, inhalers, and GPs

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Asthma, inhalers, and GPs

Postby Goodwife » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:23 pm

jp761 wrote:Get an appointment with a nurse/nurse practitioner? Sometimes a word in the ear of your GP from them will get things sorted.

Best I can do. Sorry to hear about your current shortness of breath problem, Nucks.

Dr JP at it again :roll:
Goodwife

Postby Star » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:Get an appointment with a nurse/nurse practitioner? Sometimes a word in the ear of your GP from them will get things sorted.

Best I can do. Sorry to hear about your current shortness of breath problem, Nucks.

Seriously GW
You are always rolling your eyes at someone :bored:
Star

Postby Goodwife » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Star wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Seriously GW

I need a raised eyebrow smiley thats why :mrgreen:
Goodwife

Postby Star » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Star wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Seriously GW

I need a raised eyebrow smiley thats why :mrgreen:

Ask Stooo, I’m sure he can find you one. :mrgreen:
Star

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
measurer wrote:It's a new directive - read more here - I went thru this last year at the same time :

http://psnc.org.uk/services-commissioning/essential-services/quality-payments-over-use-of-asthma-treatments/

The other side of the coin is diagnosed asthmatics not treating it seriously enough. By the time the blue inhaler is needed, it's too late and could one day result in a serious asthma attack. The brown preventer should be used, alongside the lung flow meter to avoid the inflammation in the first place. Youngsters, especially, do not appreciate the possible seriousness of neglected asthma.

please don't make it sound as though the only preventative inhaler is brown, there are different ones. i know someone whose preventative inhaler is pink for example. stating the preventer is brown is dangerous & misleading.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:43 pm

Goodwife wrote:

it's very good advice you snide bitch.

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:43 pm

Well I’m hardly asking for actual important medical advice here. :gigglesnshit: Just wondering what others have experienced.

Don’t get me laughing too hard though, I’m already borderline breathless and I don’t want you to feel responsible for a worsening in my condition. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby jp761 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:46 pm

Goodwife wrote:

Are you fucking serious? In that case there are a few Doctor's in this thread.

Try giving some advice of your own if you can stretch to that, instead of behaving like a bitter twat.
jp761

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:49 pm

Star wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Seriously GW

slimy snide bitch needs a smack in the mouth to make those eyes really roll

Postby Foxy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:50 pm

I wish you lived near me, I have several Ventolin and Fostair inhalers. Fostair is the pink one. I am asthmatic but you don't have to be asthmatic to be prescribed a Ventolin (salbutamol) inhaler. It's a bronchodilator and is sometimes prescribed for bronchitis and also COPD, so there is no reason for your GP not to give you one for relief of temporary breathing problems even though you are not technically 'asthmatic'.

I believe you can buy salbutamol inhalers over the counter.
Foxy

Postby measurer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Yes, Asda were one selling them.
measurer

Postby Lucian Deville » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Goodwife wrote:

Hi

Can you never fucking stop trolling threads you stupid little useless poster!!!

ok, need to watch emmerdale
Lucian Deville

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:03 pm

measurer wrote:Yes, Asda were one selling them.

I did read that and then they were subsequently criticised as doctors felt they should be notified and in charge of prescribing them.

I’m not at all trying to minimise or trivialise asthma, it can be a killer if not looked after, but I think it’s also not (or shouldn’t be) such a big deal to get an inhaler for relief of minor chest cold type issues.
Nucks

Postby Lucian Deville » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Star wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Seriously GW

slimy snide bitch needs a smack in the mouth to make those eyes really roll

Hi Guest

Nice comments and let's hope it learns from this, it never stops shit stirring
:shake head: :shake head:
Lucian Deville

Postby Goodwife » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Nucks wrote:Well I’m hardly asking for actual important medical advice here. :gigglesnshit: Just wondering what others have experienced.

Don’t get me laughing too hard though, I’m already borderline breathless and I don’t want you to feel responsible for a worsening in my condition. :mrgreen:

I think some of the others gave you some good advice Nucks.

Not that I advocate medicine sharing but have you got a friend/relative that could give you a spare one?
Goodwife

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug