School Shooters Parents Found Guilty of Manslaughter

School Shooters Parents Found Guilty of Manslaughter

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:52 pm

If Maddog still checks in on this forum I would be very interested to hear his take on this.

It's a close call, and I completely understand those who reach the opposite conclusion, but I agree with the verdict.

You don't give a hormonal teenager with a history of mental illness a gun - and that's not just based on the fact he carried out an attack against other people. Ethan Crumbley could just as easily have closed his bedroom door and blown out his own brains with the present they thoughtlessly gave him.
Cactus Jack

Re: School Shooters Parents Found Guilty of Manslaughter

Postby Jason » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:11 pm

That's really interesting. The jury have clearly found the parents to be wilfully ignorant of their son's behaviour but you have to wonder if they were blissfully ignorant ?

Were they typically "conservative" parents who saw what was happening and thought it was no more than "growing pains" ?
Jason

Re: School Shooters Parents Found Guilty of Manslaughter

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:46 pm

Jason wrote:That's really interesting. The jury have clearly found the parents to be wilfully ignorant of their son's behaviour but you have to wonder if they were blissfully ignorant ?

Were they typically "conservative" parents who saw what was happening and thought it was no more than "growing pains" ?

I suspect they were conservative and in that cult called The National Rifle Association.

NRA members and supporters are fed a consistent diet of misinformation about guns, and instructed never to listen to any kind of rational opposition on common sense restrictions even the stupidest person would know to apply. Otherwise why would anyone give a person with a history of mental illness access to gun?

However being in a cult is no-excuse.

The Manson Family didnt' get off just because they were in a cult and neither should she.
Cactus Jack

Return to US News