More than half of Americans approve banning Trump from 2024

More than half of Americans approve banning Trump from 2024

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:16 am

More than half of Americans approve of a Colorado Supreme Court ruling to bar former President Trump from the state’s primary ballot, citing the 14th Amendment, according to a YouGov poll released Wednesday.

The online survey, published just a day after the ruling, found that 54 percent of respondents either strongly or somewhat approve of the decision, with 35 percent disapproving.

The former president now has the opportunity to seek review of the case from the U.S. Supreme Court, where the justices can ultimately decide whether Trump incited the Jan. 6 Capitol riots and whether arguments under the 14th Amendment can keep him off the ballot.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... es-ballot/

When the New York Post - a very right leaning outlet - published this YouGov poll MAGAworld lost it's collective shit and posted the usual bunch of denials, threats, denunciations and wild-eyed conspiracy theories which can all be completely dismissed.

The New York Post is not any kind of left leave alone 'radical left', it's owned by Rupert Murdoch.

The New York Post did not commission or conduct this poll, it's a YouGov poll they just published.

There are other wild-eyed conspiracy theories to debunk - including that the Colorado Supreme Court is Democrat because it definitely isn't - Brian Boatright was appointed by a Republican governor and has a history of making conservative (with a small c) rulings.

All of this however can be put to one side as we ask the question - a question becoming more and more relevant as independents are breaking more and more for Biden (as opposed to not voting at all) if Trump is on the Ballot. That question is how can your party win if more than half the country things your candidate should not even be allowed to stand?
Cactus Jack

Re: More than half of Americans approve banning Trump from 2024

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:55 pm

The fact that these are POTS phone call polls says a lot about the demographic being polled. I still have POTS at home and my old butt-phone plugged into it, I have no idea what my phone number is and neither does anyone else and I'm on the cusp of being a boomer. Lies, damn lies etc...
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: More than half of Americans approve banning Trump from 2024

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:21 pm

Stooo wrote:The fact that these are POTS phone call polls says a lot about the demographic being polled. I still have POTS at home and my old butt-phone plugged into it, I have no idea what my phone number is and neither does anyone else and I'm on the cusp of being a boomer. Lies, damn lies etc...

I agree but isn't that the demographic most likely to support Donald Trump?

If more than half of that demo, as you say the Boomers, don't want him to stand where is the sense in the GOP picking him as their candidate?

It would be like picking Mary Lou MacDonald, the current president of Sinn Fein, to stand for the leadership of the DUP.
Cactus Jack

Return to US News