Donald Trump Indicted

Re: Donald Trump Indicted

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:45 am

I have found generally that what happens in court is not being as zealously covered by the right wing press as the continuing lies of his co-conspirators - and the mainstream media are being relatively quiet too.

Rudi Guiliani's admission under oath that he had completely fabricated his tales about two election workers he had named seems to have been forgotten - and the admittedly false claims have been repeated by one of the moderators on this forum as 'evidence' that the case against Donald Trump is bogus

Just a quick reminder of that story, and from a source with no risk of 'liberal bias'

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/rudy-giulia ... on-workers

While Fox News can ignore the fact that claims it amplifies are completely untrue, and suppress news they're false, on their own programming a court of law isn't going to follow the same ruling from Rupert Murdoch and Elon Musk.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:20 pm

To continue a theme Trump raised $7.1 million after Georgia booking, mugshot

Donald Trump has turned his Georgia mugshot into a record-breaking fundraising haul.

The former president has raised $7.1 million since he was booked at an Atlanta jail Thursday evening, according to figures provided first to POLITICO by his campaign. On Friday alone, Trump raised $4.18 million, making it the single-highest 24-hour period of his campaign to date, according to a person familiar with the totals.

The campaign’s fundraising has been powered by merchandise it has been selling through his online store. After Trump was taken into custody, the campaign began selling shirts, posters, bumper stickers and beverage coolers bearing Trump’s scowling mugshot. The items bear the tagline “NEVER SURRENDER!” and range in price from $12 to $34.

And still uses a bail bondsman to secure a $200,000 get out of jail free card.

P.T. Barnum had it right, there's a sucker born every minute. At least he was an honest grifter rather than a victim.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:12 pm

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... amendment/

Worth a read as it says Donald Trump is already disqualified from running in 2024 under the 14th Amendment.

In a nutshell. If someone is disqualified from running for US President it doesn't require a conviction or a crime, they simply don't meet the criteria.

A 34 year old cannot be president because in order to serve as President you must be 35 years old

A person who is not a 'natural born' American cannot stand - that was why there was such a hullabaloo about Obama's birth certificate and why Ted Cruz's possible disqualification was raised by Trump in 2016.

A person doesn't have to do anything to be disqualified, they simply fail to qualify.

Which brings in the 14th Amendment. Passed after the Civil War the 14th Amendment says anyone who had previously sworn an oath of loyalty to the US and subsequently engaged in or provided aid and comfort for those who participated in an insurrection against the US they are disqualified from Federal public office. No ifs, no buts, and no conviction needed. A criminal conviction, after all, requires proof beyond reasonable doubt and that standard is not applicable to 14th Amendment where records show many people were disqualified with no court proceedings whatsoever.

Trump is being tried for an act of insurrection against the US government and has stated his 'aid and comfort' for the people who have been convicted of sedition and insurrection.

He is - says this motion - already disqualifed from holding any public office.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:34 pm

The Mark Meadows deposition seems to have fucked things up a bit.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:02 pm

Stooo wrote:The Mark Meadows deposition seems to have fucked things up a bit.

Is it just me or would an accurate summary of Meadows' testimony be "I have a Federal immunity deal"?
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:05 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:The Mark Meadows deposition seems to have fucked things up a bit.

Is it just me or would an accurate summary of Meadows' testimony be "I have a Federal immunity deal"?

There's a lot of people on that list, perhaps he's agreed to a comfy house arrest with a tag. RICO is a bitch.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:56 pm

It appears to be a bit bumpy for TFG. After slagging off the judge and doxing the court usher for whispering he's now got a gag order from the same judge and after not requesting a jury trial and relying instead on the decision... Of that judge.

He overestimated the value of his properties in order to raise loans and underestimated the value when it applied to the property tax, Mar-a-Lago is registered as a social club rather a domicile and may well be forfeit in the near future due to the very stable genius fucking over the taxman. Take it from me, they don't fuck around.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:21 pm

Stooo wrote:It appears to be a bit bumpy for TFG. After slagging off the judge and doxing the court usher for whispering he's now got a gag order from the same judge and after not requesting a jury trial and relying instead on the decision... Of that judge.

He overestimated the value of his properties in order to raise loans and underestimated the value when it applied to the property tax, Mar-a-Lago is registered as a social club rather a domicile and may well be forfeit in the near future due to the very stable genius fucking over the taxman. Take it from me, they don't fuck around.

Best thing is that because of his ego he is putting himself further in the taxman's crosshairs.

He is stating, in court and on the record, that he is worth far more than he has declared on his tax returns.

Not the most sensible thing he's ever done
Cactus Jack

Postby ArchieG » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:It appears to be a bit bumpy for TFG. After slagging off the judge and doxing the court usher for whispering he's now got a gag order from the same judge and after not requesting a jury trial and relying instead on the decision... Of that judge.

Best thing is that because of his ego he is putting himself further in the taxman's crosshairs.

He is stating, in court and on the record, that he is worth far more than he has declared on his tax returns.

Sadly it’s not the daftest either. None of this seems to dent his core support, I have seen the flags, and even stayed at the house of an otherwise rational person. Obviously he wouldn’t be in court if he’d done everything right, but there’s no doubt the multiplicity of cases is politically motivated. I did point out that he’d pretty much invited them in. The Democrats are as badly in need of a more inspiring candidate as the republicans. What would Abe Lincoln make of it?
ArchieG

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:59 pm

ArchieG wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Sadly it’s not the daftest either. None of this seems to dent his core support, I have seen the flags, and even stayed at the house of an otherwise rational person. Obviously he wouldn’t be in court if he’d done everything right, but there’s no doubt the multiplicity of cases is politically motivated. I did point out that he’d pretty much invited them in. The Democrats are as badly in need of a more inspiring candidate as the republicans. What would Abe Lincoln make of it?

Yeah but Biden is also so utterly powerful that he's a threat to democracy apparently.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby ArchieG » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:14 pm

Only the full CT boys think that. The republicans in general seem to think he’s past it. They have a point. And Kamala is invisible. Is that the Biden machine, or does she prefer that? Whatever, it’s a mess because neither side has a decent candidate. Trump, well, no more needs saying, a criminal cunt. Against an old man. Too close to call.
ArchieG

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:39 pm

ArchieG wrote:Only the full CT boys think that. The republicans in general seem to think he’s past it. They have a point. And Kamala is invisible. Is that the Biden machine, or does she prefer that? Whatever, it’s a mess because neither side has a decent candidate. Trump, well, no more needs saying, a criminal cunt. Against an old man. Too close to call.

How old is Trump? Sanity would be a better measure and that's another can of worms in Trump's case especially while he's ignoring the judge's rulings in his ongoing court case.

So sleepy Joe is ultra powerful yet frail and weak while ignoring all of that bollocks and turning the country around while no-one notices. :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby ArchieG » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:10 pm

Stooo wrote:
ArchieG wrote:Only the full CT boys think that. The republicans in general seem to think he’s past it. They have a point. And Kamala is invisible. Is that the Biden machine, or does she prefer that? Whatever, it’s a mess because neither side has a decent candidate. Trump, well, no more needs saying, a criminal cunt. Against an old man. Too close to call.

How old is Trump? Sanity would be a better measure and that's another can of worms in Trump's case especially while he's ignoring the judge's rulings in his ongoing court case.

So sleepy Joe is ultra powerful yet frail and weak while ignoring all of that bollocks and turning the country around while no-one notices. :dunno:

I dunno either Stooo, just trying to offer an insight into the thoughts of some yanks I met. None keen to see trump back, but think Biden is even more of a disaster. I’d beg to differ, but I haven’t got a vote there. But he’s not ideal, is he.
ArchieG

Re: Donald Trump is fucked

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:48 pm

It was always going to be a race to see who flipped first and it looks like Sidney Powell has won that race.
Cactus Jack

Re: Donald Trump is fucked

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

It was always going to be a race to see who flipped first and it looks like Sidney Powell has won that race.

Is this where the whole house of cards starts to fall?

PreviousNext

Return to US News