Donald Trump Indicted

Donald Trump Indicted

Postby CJ NLI » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:12 am

Former president Donald Trump has been indicted on seven charges related to his alleged unlawful retention of national defence information at his Palm Beach, Florida home.

He is set to appear in federal court in Miami at 3pm ET on Tuesday.

Writing on his Truth Social platform, the ex-president wrote: “The corrupt Biden Administration has informed my attorneys that I have been Indicted, seemingly over the Boxes Hoax”.

The Department of Justice has been investigating Mr Trump for violating the Espionage Act and for obstruction of justice over the discovery of classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago home in Florida, the latest setback to hit his 2024 presidential campaign.

The DoJ has not made any comment on Mr Trump’s claims but reports are that the former president is facing seven charges in the case.

The dramatic development comes as Mark Meadows, Mr Trump’s former White House chief of staff, has reportedly agreed to plead guilty to several federal charges.

Meanwhile, Republicans, including Mr Trump’s rivals from the party rallied behind the former president while criticising the “weaponisation of federal law enforcement”.

Before the flow of misinformation starts from a certain moderator.

It is not the Biden administration that indicted Donald Trump, nor is it Merrick Garland, nor is it the DOJ, it's not even the special prosecutor Jack Smith.

An indictment can only come from a grand jury, a group of independent experts who have shown themselves to be very well aware of the significance of such and action and, understandably, reluctant to take the unprecedented step of taking such an action against a former president and current candidate.

The pro-Trump faction will point to others found to be in possession of documents.

This will be a red herring.

When Mike Pence, who is also a Republican candidate for the Presidency, found he had been in possession of official documents he invited the authorities into his home to search for any more documents and did everything he could to facilitate their investigation and the recovery of those records.

When Joe Biden, who besides being the current President is also a candidate for 2024, was told he was in possession of documents he did not assert that he had telepathically declassified them on any of the many days he was acting in place of President Obama and had all the same powers, he did not say he was going to pardon himself, he did not send a stream of lawyers onto tame news networks to spread conspiracy theories. Joe Biden did none of those things. Joe Biden like Mike Pence invited the authorities into his home and did everything he could to facilitate their investigation and the recovery of those records.

Had Donald Trump done the same as Mike Pence and Joe Biden, had Donald Trump not been a whiny, entitled, cry-baby and simply engaged positively with the efforts to locate and return records that belong to the American people, Donald Trump would not have been charged with any crime.

Donald Trump is the reason why Donald Trump has been indicted.
CJ NLI

Re: Donald Trump Indicted

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:27 am

He's such a nobber

it's almost as if he wants to be indicted, like a martyr on the cross
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:55 am

IMO this is nothing but a political witch hunt.
Isn't it called fascism when a ruling political party wants to imprison their top political rival? Isn't that exactly how it works in China and Russia?
It's rather sad that so many people go along with it, and are even cheering for this dangerous political movement.

Ever since the democrats came into power, no more opposing views are allowed. It's their way or the highway, or you get attacked, shouted down, your jobs, livelihood, and in some instances even your life is getting threatened.
When did that become the norm in a so called democracy?

If you're a republicans, you are evil, if you're a christian, you're evil, if you don't believe in late abortion, you're evil, if you don't want your children indoctrinated, you're evil, if you don't want men in women's sports, women's dressing rooms or toilets, you're evil, it goes on and on, even churches are considered evil now.

Basically, if you believe in common human decency, you're evil.

My motto has always been live and let live, not having other people's believes stuffed down my throat.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:45 am

Holly wrote:IMO this is nothing but a political witch hunt.
Isn't it called fascism when a ruling political party wants to imprison their most powerful political rival?
It's rather sad that so many people go along with it, and are even cheering for this dangerous political movement. Isn't that exactly how it works in China and Russia?

Ever since the democrats came into power, no more opposing views are allowed. It's their way or the highway, or you get attacked, shouted down, your jobs, livelihood, and in some instances even your life is getting threatened.
When did that become the norm in a so called democracy?

If you're a republicans, you are evil, if you're a christian, you're evil, if you don't believe in late abortion, you're evil, if you don't want your children indoctrinated, you're evil, if you don't want men in women's sports, women's dressing rooms or toilets, you're evil, it goes on and on, even churches are considered evil now.

Basically, if you believe in common human decency, you're evil.

My motto has always been live and let live, not having other people's believes stuffed down my throat.

Hunter Biden's laptop :snooty: Just saying :mrgreen:

Postby .SF. » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:57 am

Hoax. Witch hunt. Etc.
.SF.

Postby Holly » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:08 am

.SF. wrote:Hoax. Witch hunt. Etc.

Exactly, just like the Russia hoax :woteva:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:52 am

First Russia was not a hoax.

The Mueller Report found ten instances of behaviour by Donald Trump that would have resulted in an indictment if he were not a serving president of the United States. The Mueller report's failure was that it relied on The House and Senate to do their jobs and while The House did the Senate did not.

But for some of Trump's weak-willed, servile lickspittles there is nothing he could do that won't receive the deny, dismiss, deflect treatment.

The right analogy on the documents cases in respect of others has already been made many times.

If you are walking out of store with something you forgot to put through the till and you stop when the buzzzer sounds, let the security guard search your bag and go back and pay for the items you missed you're probably not going to suffer any consequences for walking out of the store with stuff you didn't pay for. If you run off down the street, refuse to let the store check anything, throw racist insults at the security guard etc you will be arrested and you will be charged.

Donald Trump has been given the same chances everyone else is given to return documents, to co-operate with investigations and to let a system that designed to hold the rich and powerful to a lower standard run its course.

Donald Trump's sense of entitlement would not let him do that.

That's why Donald Trump has been indicted.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:52 pm

Don't get too cocky CJ, things could turn out totally different to what you wish for.
This indictment is so obviously a political hit on Trump to take him out for the 2024 election. The cowards have to fight unfair because they know Trump is a huge threat, otherwise why bother, right?
This is truly a travesty.
I only hope that Biden gets the same treatment in the name of fairness.

Biden whistleblowers 'fear for their lives': Republicans say FBI won't hand over alleged $5 million 'bribery' document because key informant's safety could be in jeopardy

The FBI allowed leaders of the House Oversight Committee to view the FD-1023 form Republicans say proves President Biden was involved in a $5 million criminal bribery scheme
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene told DailyMail.com it is 'purely political' that the FBI isn't handing over the document - which has the names of the informant and whistleblower redacted to protect their identities
Contempt of Congress charges will still be initiated against FBI Director Wray

According to a 'highly credible' whistleblower, an internal FD-1023 memo created in 2020 based off information from a highly-paid FBI informant apparently details a $5 million 'arrangement' for an exchange of money for policy decisions between then-Vice President Joe Biden and a foreign national

And their excuse, which we find to be completely false, is the FBI is claiming it is to protect their informants, even though the names are redacted,' Greene told DailyMail.com.

Greene added that the FBI could take measures to protect the informant's life if they 'cared about doing the right thing.'

She directly accused Wray of protecting Biden by failing to hand over the document, which shows how 'deeply political' the Department of Justice is.

The Georgia congresswoman added that it is necessary to move forward with contempt charges against Wray because the information contained in the document is 'so damaging and so dangerous to our national security' that Americans need the facts.

After reviewing the document Monday, Comer told reporters the accusations contained in the form 'suggests a pattern of bribery' consistent with findings the committee has put out publicly.

It's called 'money laundering,' he said, saying it fits within the pattern of over $1 million in Romanian-linked payments to the Biden family revealed last month.

In early May, Republicans released a report digging in on over $10 million received by Biden family members from foreign actors, including previously undisclosed $1 million in Romanian-linked payments, and a 'web' of 20 companies created while President Joe Biden was vice president and pushing anti-corruption efforts abroad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-say.html

But who cares, it's Biden, he can do what he wants. How dare anyone challenging him and his, right?

Then there's Hillary, but that's for another time. You know what I mean anyway.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:56 pm

Holly your hallucinations are not reality.

I was one of those who did not see why Merrick Garland appointed a Special Counsel to investigate the documents issue - it was always such an obvious open and shut case and all Trump had to do, almost right up to today, was say 'Sorry My bad" and it would all go away. I did not think Trump was dumb enough to die on this hill and that millions would be wasted.

Instead there is clear and compelling evidence that he knowingly concealed, altered, and destroyed records. There is clear and compelling evidence that he shared documents with people who were not cleared to see their contents and there is clear and compelling evidence he did so with full knowledge and cognisance of wrongdoing.

The mud the extreme right is trying to sling - that this is an attack by a government on the opposition - fizzles out exactly because this is the work of a special prosecutor. This is an independent grand jury over which no member of the Executive Branch has any authority other than the right to sack Merrick Garland - Jack Smith's boss.

Trump has been his own worst enemy throughout and he will continue to be his own worst enemy until the day he is convicted, and I don't think that conviction will come with prison time (although it should) and I don't think even then Trump's cultist will accept that he is a crook. But on that day the rule of law will have been seen to triumph.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:21 pm

Holly wrote:But who cares, it's Biden, he can do what he wants. How dare anyone challenging him and his, right?

Then there's Hillary, but that's for another time. You know what I mean anyway.

Sec. 202. Increased penalty for unauthorized removal and retention of classified
documents or material.

https://www.congress.gov/115/plaws/publ ... ubl118.pdf

Trump signed this in 2018 and increased the penalty from one to five years and it's what he's facing per document, talk about face-eating leopards :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:29 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Holly your hallucinations are not reality.

I was one of those who did not see why Merrick Garland appointed a Special Counsel to investigate the documents issue - it was always such an obvious open and shut case and all Trump had to do, almost right up to today, was say 'Sorry My bad" and it would all go away. I did not think Trump was dumb enough to die on this hill and that millions would be wasted.

Instead there is clear and compelling evidence that he knowingly concealed, altered, and destroyed records. There is clear and compelling evidence that he shared documents with people who were not cleared to see their contents and there is clear and compelling evidence he did so with full knowledge and cognisance of wrongdoing.

The mud the extreme right is trying to sling - that this is an attack by a government on the opposition - fizzles out exactly because this is the work of a special prosecutor. This is an independent grand jury over which no member of the Executive Branch has any authority other than the right to sack Merrick Garland - Jack Smith's boss.

Trump has been his own worst enemy throughout and he will continue to be his own worst enemy until the day he is convicted, and I don't think that conviction will come with prison time (although it should) and I don't think even then Trump's cultist will accept that he is a crook. But on that day the rule of law will have been seen to triumph.

Exhuming Ivana is probably a waste of time now, it's probably been sorted by 'groundsmen' because we are talking about actual mafia. Documents are still missing and Kushner's $2 Billion gift from the Saudi's may well be part of the evidence.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:42 pm

It will be interesting to watch things unfold.

In the US, as in the UK, it is pretty plain that the ideologues are in control of the conservative movement.

Ideologies are fine but they always have a problem dealing with reality. The 'vision' thing sounds appealing but eventually people realise that the divorce from reality is always messy.

The GOP candidates are in a position where it is in their best interests for Trump to be removed from the competition, but it is also in their best interests to make it appear they don't want that.

For the Democrats there's really only going to be one candidate, the closest anyone ever got to unseating an incumbent who wants to run again was in 1979 when Ted Kennedy came close to getting the nomination from Jimmy Carter and that did not end well for them. Consequently it's in their interests to closely associate the GOP with a figure who scores very badly with as many key demographics as possible - that candidate is Donald Trump.

Young people don't love Joe Biden - but they hate Donald Trump.
Women don't love Joe Biden - but they hate Donald Trump.
Non-Cuban Hispanics don't love Joe Biden - but they hate Donald Trump.
Progressives definitely don't love Joe Biden - but they loathe Donald Trump.

The best shot the Democrats have would be for Donald Trump to be the Republican candidate, and every single person chasing the Republican nomnation knows that. Yet none of them can break faith the the MAGA base because that's all the Republican Party has left. It's like in 200 when the Tories could only agree on Michael Howard as their party leader but the one person you could absolutely guarantee Tony Blair - who was losing popularity was starting to ebb and by 2005 was really vulnerable on the question of Iraq to almost anyone, except Michael Howard.

2016 showed young people in America that elections aren't about the optimal they're about the alternative - and if the alternative is Donald Trump, Donald Duck would be a better choice.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:46 pm

Trump and Johnson, the folly of popularity in a nutshell.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:45 am

Next you guys will say Biden's the best POTUS ever, and needs to run for another 4 years :thud:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:41 am

Mike Pence...Nobody is above the law, the handling of classified documents is a very serious matter
"I forgot about the ones I had, so that doesn't count"

Joe Biden....Nobody is above the law
"The countless boxes of classified documents I had in my garage don't count, I had them for decades, and I did hand them in, in case my house gets raided"

Hillary........Nobody is above the law
"Destroying devices with a hammer and deleting 30 000 emails, what's wrong with that"

Can nobody see the hypocrisy in all of this?

Waiting with bated breath for the usual excuses, that it's not the same.
Holly
Site Admin

Next

Return to US News