What the hell is going on in America?

Re: What the hell is going on in America?

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:37 am

Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:He's disputing that, hence the appeal, we just have to wait and see.
But the outcome was a given before the trial even started.
What chance did he have in New York with a far left judge and prosecutor who were out to get him no matter what?

He's got to stump up all of the cash to be put in a trust before he can appeal and he doesn't have that financial liquidity, he can't appeal because he doesn't have the money yet.

Because of the judgement Trump is forbidden from raising the loans he would need to secure the bond he needs to appeal from any bank registered in the State of New York.

That makes Trump's only avenues Russia, Saudi Arabia some Arab States, and the restrictions around Russia will very likely make it very difficult for him to launder money from there. Which means, [erhaps the best thing to say about this is it's ironic, Trump, who builds so much of his rhetoric around Islamophobia, will almost inevitably be deep in hoc to some Islamic states strongly suspected of financing international terrorism against the United States.

The way I understand it, he can't take out loans from any New York financial institution.

Not quite - he can't take out any loans from any institution that is licenced in New York.

That's quite a lot of the largest ones.

Don't worry I'm sure the Saudis or the Iranians will come good for him.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:04 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:He's disputing that, hence the appeal, we just have to wait and see.
What chance did he have in New York with a far left judge and prosecutor?

Do you think he hasn't committed fraud then?

Funny how none of the banks he dealt with had any problems with Trump.

So what does that mean, do you think it means he hasn't committed fraud and he's simply the victim of a corrupt court system? That's what he'd have you think, and of course he currently has a huge following that buys into his every word.

Postby Holly » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:50 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
What chance did he have in New York with a far left judge and prosecutor?

Do you think he hasn't committed fraud then?

Funny how none of the banks he dealt with had any problems with Trump.

So what does that mean, do you think it means he hasn't committed fraud and he's simply the victim of a corrupt court system? That's what he'd have you think, and of course he currently has a huge following that buys into his every word.

Yes, that's exactly what it is.
Like I said before, and I really believe that, they would never have touched him if he wasn't running for POTUS.
Of course most lefties know that, at least the more educated ones, but they would never admit that.
They are determent to ruin him, and that's just pure evil.
You don't have to be a conservative to realise that there's something very wrong with this whole scenario.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:
What chance did he have in New York with a far left judge and prosecutor who were out to get him no matter what?

He's got to stump up all of the cash to be put in a trust before he can appeal and he doesn't have that financial liquidity, he can't appeal because he doesn't have the money yet.

Interestingly...

What's that?

Elon Musk's flightpath yesterday. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

FFS Stoo!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:08 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Elon Musk's flightpath yesterday. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

FFS Stoo!

What now? :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:27 pm

Guest wrote:So what does that mean, do you think it means he hasn't committed fraud and he's simply the victim of a corrupt court system? That's what he'd have you think, and of course he currently has a huge following that buys into his every word.

The banks said no such thing.

Trump's narrative is not what was said in court.

What the banks said, when asked a specific and direct question, was that the loans were repaid.

Although it can be difficult to get your head around Donald's Trump's crime think of it this way.

Manchester City are going to play Rochdale United in the cup and City are clear favourites, so much so that you have to put on £200 to win just £1. A man, let's call him Ronald Drumpf, wants to place a bet but he has no money so he signs a document saying his watch is worth £100,000 when it's actually one he got for a fiver from the market.

He borrows £100,000 on the value of the watch - Manchester City thrash Rochdale United and the bet pays out.

Ronald pays back the £100,000 and keeps his £500 winnings.

Now although he paid back the money the document saying the watch was worth £100,000 was false and Ronald has made money because he told that lie. When you make money in that way then legally it is fraud. If you pay the loan back it's only a civil crime but you can be made to surrender the £500 you won, that's the law in New York, and in most large financial markets.

You cannot say that although you signed a sworn statement saying the watch was worth £100,000 knowing it to be false the person lending you the money was to blame.

This is because it's the job of the government to protect the market. Borrowers can, and Trump has many times, set up companies to take on their debt and then deliberately go bankrupt leaving the larger parent corporations free and clear.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:No it wasn't criminal, it was a civil case.

Yes it was a civil case but as you know he was found liable for committing financial fraud - being a civil case doesn't mean it's not criminal activity being judged, although of course at a civil trial he can only be fined rather than convicted and sentenced. I think his appeal is going to be along the lines of no actual victims although that in itself is a moot point.

It was actually pretty smart for New York to go for civil not criminal fraud as it put Donald Trump in a position where he could not invoke The 5th Amendment - something he once claimed only criminals do before invoking it more than 400 times during his depositions.

Whereas in a criminal case Trump could refuse to answer questions without any negative inference being drawn in a civil fraud case a failure to answer a question can lead to a negative inference.

The Trump families' persistent refusal to answer questions that might leave them liable to criminal prosecution just racked up higher and higher civil penalties.
Cactus Jack

Postby Rockstar » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:44 pm

It is sickening that the war criminal Biden has again vetoed the ceasefire brought on by Algeria. The American taxpayers are paying for the bombs dropped on innocent men women and children...I hope Biden is hung from the town square

Rockstar

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:44 pm

Rockstar wrote:It is sickening that the war criminal Biden has again vetoed the ceasefire brought on by Algeria. The American taxpayers are paying for the bombs dropped on innocent men women and children...I hope Biden is hung from the town square

Biden is no war criminal. He does have a vote, the same as a lot of other countries.
Funny how it seems to be people from the Arabic countries coming away with this shit.
Just because he didn't vote the way YOU want him to, does not make him a war criminal, no matter how often you might say it.

Postby Holly » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:55 am

:ooer:

Does anyone here really think this man is capable to do another 4 years?

The Super Tuesday rout and Nikki Haley's subsequent suspended campaign makes it official: We are about to relive the apocalyptic rematch no one wants

Gird your loins, America, for Trump v. Biden. Again.

Hint to the left-leaning media, which refuses to see what's in front of its face: Donald Trump is on track to win – and win bigly.

Exhibit A comes courtesy of President Biden himself, announcing a new economic task force Wednesday morning.

Upon finishing, he mumbled incoherently to himself about the fusillade of questions coming from the White House press corps.

He took the microphone and, crashing two distinct sentences into each other, said, 'I-better-not-start-the-questions-I'll-get-in-trouble.'

Staring vacantly at a fixed spot in the distance and breathing heavily, Biden put the microphone down and looked off, mouth agape, for a full fifteen seconds.

Our 81-year-old Commander-in-Chief — who loyalists repeatedly claim is full of vim and vigor behind the scenes, so agile and energetic and intellectually nimble that 20-something staffers struggle to keep up — can otherwise only display confusion, exhaustion, physical limitation and irrefutable cognitive decline to us.

The ever-craven Hillary Clinton herself on Super Tuesday: 'You know what? Joe Biden is old. Let's go ahead and accept reality' — but vote for him anyway!

Do these people hear themselves?

An American president who demonstrably cannot do the job — who is propped up behind the scenes by people we did not vote for and who are clearly running foreign and domestic policy. Biden – a mere slurring, whispering, thousand-yard-stare avatar for their agenda – is, we are to believe, the lone defender of said democracy.

Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:22 am

I will never understand why the Democrats allow Biden to run.
The only explanation (to me anyway) is that he's the ideal puppet who does and read what he's been told, by who ever it is that made themselves unelected POTUS behind the scene.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:51 pm

Have you been given orders from MAGA Central again Holly?

It wasn't a stellar State of The Union address by any means but it was a quiet, steady one.

Biden owned the GOP when he called them out on the sabotague of the border bill.

Meanwhile Trump, who swore in court, under oath, that he had over $400 million cash on hand - which is a term of art in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for money immediately available - now claims, in a sworn deposition, he cannot raise less than $100 million without the need to sell assets.

Either Trump needs to account for around $300 million in cash on hand being spend in the last few weeks or he should prepare himself for a charge of perjury.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:49 pm

Holly wrote:I will never understand why the Democrats allow Biden to run.
The only explanation (to me anyway) is that he's the ideal puppet who does and read what he's been told, by who ever it is that made themselves unelected POTUS behind the scene.

He aced the SOTU address tbf.

No doubt you'll find some AI edited bullshit to prove that he's on death's door in the next few days.

I'm a left leaning person but I take the time to check the veracity of any claims. If a bit of fact checking links to actual news then I'll give it a look, when I find out that the source is Uncle Tony's facebook taken as reality then I'll look elsewhere.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:00 pm

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:11 pm

Stooo wrote:Image

Biden & Trumpet are polar opposites in so many ways.
Biden understates everything he has achieved, in a quiet voice too.
Trumpet overstates everything - & yells it from the rooftops plus he always takes credit for the things the Dems achieved. Not fit to lace Biden's boots.
Text

PreviousNext

Return to US News