Roe v Wade SCOTUS Leak

Re: Roe v Wade SCOTUS Leak

Postby drum » Sat May 21, 2022 6:50 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
drum wrote:Crazy bastards :off head:

Oklahoma lawmakers pass bill banning abortion from moment of "fertilization." The measure now goes to the governor and is among the nation's strictest

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/19/poli ... %3A42%3A04

That makes ending an ectopic pregnancy, one which cannot run to term and which would kill the mother, illegal in Oklahoma, that's where the US is right now in it's war on women.

By their new definitions a 'spontaneous abortion' (miscarriage) would also be seen as murder. Nutters. :off head: and this wont stop women seeking termination, it just pushes it underground.
drum

Postby Stooo » Sat May 21, 2022 11:17 pm

Jacky Eubanks, a Gen Z zealot running for state office in Michigan, vows to make contraception illegal, insisting: “God’s morality is for everybody”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... n-1356393/

This is fine and normal.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Middens » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:18 pm

It's happened. Fucking hell. Let's see what the bible belt nutters get up to now. :ooer:
Middens

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:49 pm

I am disgusted.
Absolutely sick.

It’s a fucking awful outcome. Seeing the anger and frustration from some of my liberal, Bible Belt based friends, my heart breaks for them.
NastyNickers

Postby Middens » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:26 pm

Same sex marriage and contraception rights next.
Middens

Postby Jason » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:32 pm

Middens wrote:Same sex marriage and contraception rights next.

They'll do it as well. If they can overturn Roe, the rest of it will be a walk in the park.
Jason

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:23 pm

So much for the high tech brain drain to Texas, who wants to live in a Handmaiden's Tale?

Other stuff such as the Miranda law (being told your rights) being abandoned and more gun rights mean that if a woman is raped at gunpoint then the gun has the most rights. The Miranda law thing is interesting because there will be protests and with the probability of the orange man having to testify they will be on both sides, the police will just mass arrest the stuff that they cherrypick with no fear of lawsuits.

The USA is getting near to boiling point.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:26 pm

Middens wrote:Same sex marriage and contraception rights next.

Interracial marriage was on the list but omitted by Clarence Thomas for some reason...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:28 pm

It has often been said but never acknowledged that the Roe v Wade decision was not about abortion.

The question was who has the right to decide if another person should undergo elective surgery when that person is of sound mind. The decision in 1973 was ONLY the person undergoing that elective surgery has the right to make that decision, and it is that decision that has been overturned.

As of today a pregnant woman in some states found to have a life threatening cancer who happens to be pregnant has no right to any kind of treatment, even if the cancer will kill her before the baby becomes viable.

Such cases will be rare, they will be extremely exceptional and I don't care about the numbers - to me one woman denied the right to choose the possibility of life over the certainty of death because of someone else's religious beliefs, even if those relgious beliefs are mine, is one thousand too many.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:24 am

Well isn't that a great boost for the mid term election? This is such bullshit. Especially Biden's fake outrage :roll:
I can understand that people, especially women are outraged, but isn't that playing into the Democrats hands? Maybe I'm wrong, but it just feels so shifty. I just don't believe that in today's environment the supreme court would have made such a controversial decision.

Oh and before anyone gets all outraged, I do not agree with that outcome. I do believe abortions should be legal up to 15 weeks, but no longer. By 15 weeks women should know if they want to carry the pregnancy or not, including incest and rape. Exclusion of course would be a medical problem at any time of gestation.

I read that some people/doctors/hospitals are quite happy to end a pregnancy almost at the end of gestation. That IMO is criminal since the baby at 9 month is a perfectly formed human being. And what would be a good reason to do that anyway? At that point, you might as well give the baby up for adoption if you decided you don't want it after all, but to kill it? :ooer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby drum » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:55 am

I'm still very much pro choice, it should always be the womans choice whether to terminate or not. America voted for the guns then vote to remove a womans rights over her own body. :off head: Force you to continue a pregnancy then shoot it dead a few years later when a gun freak shoots up their schools :roll:

Unwanted pregnancies have many reasons, women don't want to give birth to unwanted babies which is why they seek terminations. All very well saying have the child and give it up but why should a woman be forced into that decision? Unwanted adult children seek out those birth mothers, so the trauma for her (and her unwanted child) continues. A termination allows her to put that behind her and continue her life, she should never be haunted by the threat of an unwanted child seeking her out.

Look into care homes around the whole world, they are full of unwanted children, those who adopt generally want newborns so millions of older children are left unwanted and every single one of them know that.
drum

Postby Holly » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:03 am

drum wrote:I'm still very much pro choice, it should always be the womans choice whether to terminate or not. America voted for the guns then vote to remove a womans rights over her own body. :off head: Force you to continue a pregnancy then shoot it dead a few years later when a gun freak shoots up their schools :roll:

Unwanted pregnancies have many reasons, women don't want to give birth to unwanted babies which is why they seek terminations. All very well saying have the child and give it up but why should a woman be forced into that decision? Unwanted adult children seek out those birth mothers, so the trauma for her (and her unwanted child) continues. A termination allows her to put that behind her and continue her life, she should never be haunted by the threat of an unwanted child seeking her out.

Look into care homes around the whole world, they are full of unwanted children, those who adopt generally want newborns so millions of older children are left unwanted and every single one of them know that.

I never said that I'm against termination, I just question the timing. Wouldn't you know after 4 month whether you want to have the kid or not?

I've just been watching a clip where very young girls, like high schoolers, are marching towards one of the judges house with signs saying "I'm not an incubator" smeared with red paint at the crotch. For a start, if they want to screw around, they should take precaution, easier than having an abortion, can't be that hard popping a pill. Also, do they not realise that if their Mothers would have had the same mind set, they wouldn't be here? :roll:
I understand the problem with unwanted children, I really do, but my question is, why late abortion? What would be the reason for that?

Let me repeat, I'm not talking about incest, rape or a medical issue, but abortion should never be a form of contraception, but if it turns out to be an unwanted pregnancy, make your mind up within the first 4 month.

ETA, does that new law mean no abortion at all? It's all a bit confusing. That definitely wouldn't be right, just to be clear.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:31 am

Holly wrote:
drum wrote:I'm still very much pro choice, it should always be the womans choice whether to terminate or not. America voted for the guns then vote to remove a womans rights over her own body. :off head: Force you to continue a pregnancy then shoot it dead a few years later when a gun freak shoots up their schools :roll:

I never said that I'm against termination, I just question the timing. Wouldn't you know after 4 month whether you want to have the kid or not?

I've just been watching a clip where very young girls, like high schoolers, are marching towards one of the judges house with signs saying "I'm not an incubator" smeared with red paint at the crotch. For a start, if they want to screw around, they should take precaution, easier than having an abortion, can't be that hard popping a pill. Also, do they not realise that if their Mothers would have had the same mind set, they wouldn't be here? :roll:
I understand the problem with unwanted children, I really do, but my question is, why late abortion? What would be the reason for that?

Let me repeat, I'm not talking about incest, rape or a medical issue, but abortion should never be a form of contraception, but if it turns out to be an unwanted pregnancy, make your mind up within the first 4 month.

ETA, does that new law mean no abortion at all? It's all a bit confusing. That definitely wouldn't be right, just to be clear.

Late abortions are usually the result of medical tests showing that the foetus would not be able to survive outside the womb, or would have little or no quality of life

these are generally very much wanted pregnancies
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:46 pm

I understand it now. Roe v Wade was one basic law regarding abortion. That's been overturned now and each state can now make their own laws.
Did I get that right?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Jason » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:01 pm

Holly wrote:I understand it now. Roe v Wade was one basic law regarding abortion. That's been overturned now and each state can now make their own laws.
Did I get that right?

You did. Some states have "trigger laws" that apparently immediately came in to effect the minute the power was passed down to a state level so abortion was immediately banned and clinics forced to close basically there and then.
Jason

PreviousNext

Return to US News