Roe v Wade SCOTUS Leak

Re: Roe v Wade SCOTUS Leak

Postby Stooo » Wed May 11, 2022 8:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:What's going on over there? There seems to be a major movement towards really reducing abortions generally. Is it because too many women are abusing the system? I do think there should be strict regulations regarding abortion - the laws in the UK aren't really followed properly and we virtually have abortion on demand.

There has historically been a separation between Church and State but all of these years of anti-other faith stuff has turned just under half of the American voting public into a theocracy similar to ISIS or the Taliban and eroding the rights of people like women are a priority, the whole thing is somewhat ironic.

It's about control as it always is when you get mad people using a faith that some people hold dearly as an excuse to hate other people, in this case women and their autonomy. :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed May 11, 2022 10:04 pm

There will always be people who will second guess someone's personal medical choices.

Deborah James has made the decision to no longer have active treatments against cancer.

There's no way to know if one more round of treatment, if the next drug trial, if some surgical intervention might give her many years more life but it's her body and it's her choice.

The same applies to any other decision she makes affecting her body.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Thu May 12, 2022 12:10 am

Cactus Jack wrote:There will always be people who will second guess someone's personal medical choices.

Deborah James has made the decision to no longer have active treatments against cancer.

There's no way to know if one more round of treatment, if the next drug trial, if some surgical intervention might give her many years more life but it's her body and it's her choice.

In that instance she's not hurting anyone else, she does not decide whether another soul should live or die.
Like I said, and I'm standing by it, as soon as a baby would be able to live outside the womb, it has become an actual human being. At that point it shouldn't be "my body, my choice" anymore Baby's get born prematurely all the time and live. Just because Baby is still inside the womb, doesn't make it any less human.
And like I said, I'm not against abortion, I am for "my body, my choice" but why can't that choice be made earlier rather than later? A woman should know once she finds out she's pregnant, whether she wants that baby or not. Even then there is some time to think about it. There's no need to wait till late pregnancy.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu May 12, 2022 12:58 am

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What's going on over there? There seems to be a major movement towards really reducing abortions generally. Is it because too many women are abusing the system? I do think there should be strict regulations regarding abortion - the laws in the UK aren't really followed properly and we virtually have abortion on demand.

There has historically been a separation between Church and State but all of these years of anti-other faith stuff has turned just under half of the American voting public into a theocracy similar to ISIS or the Taliban and eroding the rights of people like women are a priority, the whole thing is somewhat ironic.

It's about control as it always is when you get mad people using a faith that some people hold dearly as an excuse to hate other people, in this case women and their autonomy. :dunno:

Oh FGS, how I feel about this issue has nothing to do with religion, it's to do with morals. I do not believe that a perfectly formed and healthy human baby, able to live outside the womb should be killed. There are so many childless couples out there who would love to adopt an unwanted child.
Did you know that a fetus can feel pain at 20 weeks of gestation? Some scientists think it's even earlier.

What reason would there be to abort a late term baby? It still has to be delivered through the birth canal. So why not let it live and give it to someone who would love it?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu May 12, 2022 5:56 am

Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:There will always be people who will second guess someone's personal medical choices.

In that instance she's not hurting anyone else, she does not decide whether another soul should live or die.
Like I said, and I'm standing by it, as soon as a baby would be able to live outside the womb, it has become an actual human being. At that point it shouldn't be "my body, my choice" anymore Baby's get born prematurely all the time and live. Just because Baby is still inside the womb, doesn't make it any less human.
And like I said, I'm not against abortion, I am for "my body, my choice" but why can't that choice be made earlier rather than later? A woman should know once she finds out she's pregnant, whether she wants that baby or not. Even then there is some time to think about it. There's no need to wait till late pregnancy.

So you're OK with the government forcing you to donate your kidney, liver or lungs to anyone who is found to be a close match.

Good too know.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Thu May 12, 2022 7:33 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Holly wrote:

So you're OK with the government forcing you to donate your kidney, liver or lungs to anyone who is found to be a close match.

Good too know.

Are you serious? I give up :roll:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu May 12, 2022 4:03 pm

Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:So you're OK with the government forcing you to donate your kidney, liver or lungs to anyone who is found to be a close match.

Good too know.

Are serious? I give up :roll:

You said you were OK with bits of your body being used to keep someone else alive without your consent.

Good to know.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2022 6:17 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Holly wrote:

Good too know.

what about the government forcing you to have vaccines or be fired from your job. Where does my body my choice come into it there then?

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2022 6:22 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:So you're OK with the government forcing you to donate your kidney, liver or lungs to anyone who is found to be a close match.

Good too know.

You said you were OK with bits of your body being used to keep someone else alive without your consent.

Good to know.

You're being a total knob.

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu May 12, 2022 9:06 pm

Holly wrote:

Good too know.

Good to know.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Thu May 12, 2022 9:11 pm

Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Oh FGS, how I feel about this issue has nothing to do with religion, it's to do with morals. I do not believe that a perfectly formed and healthy human baby, able to live outside the womb should be killed. There are so many childless couples out there who would love to adopt an unwanted child.
Did you know that a fetus can feel pain at 20 weeks of gestation? Some scientists think it's even earlier.

What reason would there be to abort a late term baby? It still has to be delivered through the birth canal. So why not let it live and give it to someone who would love it?

It's not aimed at you.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu May 12, 2022 9:12 pm

Guest wrote:
what about the government forcing you to have vaccines or be fired from your job. Where does my body my choice come into it there then?

What about fake news?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu May 12, 2022 11:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Holly wrote:

Good too know.

Good to know.

Not "someone" it's their own baby, and no bits (body parts) are being removed. Baby still has to come out of the birth canal, dead or alive. So what body parts are being used against their will? And don't forget, women can prevent pregnancy, they can also decide earlier in the pregnancy to abort, should they conceive by accident. No need to wait till the late trimester.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2022 11:40 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

What about fake news?

I actually know people in government and city jobs who were fired for refusing to get the vaccine. Garbage was not being picked up because they fired so many Garbage collectors. Nurses were fired for refusing to get the booster vaccines.
As to fake news. It's you who is posting twitter posts.

Postby Stooo » Fri May 13, 2022 8:38 pm

Guest wrote:I actually know people in government and city jobs who were fired for refusing to get the vaccine. Garbage was not being picked up because they fired so many Garbage collectors. Nurses were fired for refusing to get the booster vaccines.
As to fake news. It's you who is posting twitter posts.

There are terms and conditions of employment, if you don't agree with them then form a union or just shut up.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to US News