Judge finds Trump in contempt, fines him $10,000 per day

Judge finds Trump in contempt, fines him $10,000 per day

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:41 pm

NEW YORK (AP) — Judge finds Trump in contempt of court, fines him $10,000 per day in dispute over subpoena issued by NY attorney general.

https://www.ourmidland.com/news/article ... 124931.php
Cactus Jack

Re: Judge finds Trump in contempt, fines him $10,000 per day

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:24 am

Trump has taken the Alex Jones route - and it will have the same outcome
Cactus Jack

Postby drum » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:14 am

Lock him up :mrgreen:

rich people problems that they never get punished for.
drum

Postby Holly » Thu May 05, 2022 2:21 pm

OK, I have a question. Since when is it NOT OK to support an opposing political party? Since when are people who don't support Democrats terrorists or basically "bad" people? WTF is going on? Do all Americans now have to support Biden or they are cancelled, destroyed, attacked etc? Since when is that OK? Since when do you have to support only one political party or else? Since when is only one view allowed or you get shamed and abused by the cancel culture mob? Maybe even lose your job. How can this possibly be OK with anyone? Since when is that OK in a free democratic society? I'm gobsmacked and very worried at what direction society is heading towards, even more worried about how many people actually support this dangerous movement. It's not just America, but it always starts there.

CJ?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri May 06, 2022 12:49 pm

Holly if you're going to do nothing but deflect threads onto you own agenda then don't try to involve me
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Fri May 06, 2022 11:23 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Holly if you're going to do nothing but deflect threads onto you own agenda then don't try to involve me

Ha, says the poster who deflects threads the most when others don't agree with him... :pmsl:

And what agenda? I asked questions, you can choose to answer or not.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat May 07, 2022 8:13 am

Since I posted last Trump has been fined another $10,000
Cactus Jack

Postby drum » Sat May 07, 2022 8:30 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Since I posted last Trump has been fined another $10,000

They could fine him by the second, he's still not paying it and he's still walking free.
drum

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat May 07, 2022 8:46 am

drum wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Since I posted last Trump has been fined another $10,000

They could fine him by the second, he's still not paying it and he's still walking free.

Alex Jones thought he could do that too.

This is a civil suit so Trump will walk free whatever happens, it's just that in time the court will find for the plaintiff - the State of New York - by default and Trump's assets in New York will be forfeited to the value of whatever settlement the courts order.

It could be like when Trump 'won' a case that cost him millions and the judgement was for $3

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

but if it is the State of New York will be able to take $3 of Trump's assets.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat May 07, 2022 12:29 pm

I'm surprised not to have seen a thread on this already

A draft supreme court opinion, apparently by the conservative justice Samuel Alito, was leaked to Politico for a story published late on Monday. It appears to show that the court is preparing to rule in favour of Mississippi in a case over whether the state can outlaw nearly all abortions at and after 15 weeks gestation – a direct challenge to the guarantee of abortion rights enshrined in Roe v Wade.

The 98-page document, which includes 118 footnotes and a 31-page appendix on historical state abortion laws, was published in full. “Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,” it says. “Its reasoning was exceptionally weak, and the decision has had damaging consequences.”

It says Roe v Wade “must be overruled” and goes on: “It is time to heed the constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... roe-v-wade

If anything shows the weakness of the American system of government it is that such an important matter has been left up in the air and unaddressed by the Federal government for as long as this has.

States claimed the rights to segregate, states claimed the rights to keep Black people off TV current affairs, states claimed the right to do many things that fly in the face of the US founding principal.

In every other country laws have been written, they have been argued, negotiated and renogotiated and changed as the science changes and social attitudes evolve. It hasn't been an easy conversation but the experience of Ireland where there was a constitutional ban on abortion shows how bad things can get for women when their right to make their own health decisions was taken away. Republican cowardice meant they have literally subverted the constitution - breaking the separation of Church and state and supporting an armed insurrection against the lawfully elected government - to get their way while Democrat cowardice has meant they have never seen it as politically expedient to introduce laws Republicans would have to vote against or repeal in order to take away women's reproductive rights.

Roe v Wade was left as the lone bulwark against Churches taking over the government and women being made second class citizens in the US. The scandal isn't that the single line of defence is being breached, it's that it was the single line of defence.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Sat May 07, 2022 12:44 pm

CJ, my last 2 comments were sarcastic but I realised they upset you, so I deleted them including your reply. In no way did I use my mod privilege, get a grip FFS. I was replying to you, it had nothing to do with my mod status. I wish you would stop saying that. Like I said, it was sarcasm, that's all :roll: However, I still don't want you to post those oversized herrings as they us up half the page.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat May 07, 2022 4:05 pm

They didn't upset me they amused me - as you obvious support for Trump with the pretence that it's anything else has amused me since day one.

The huge red herring was a visual metaphor for the increasingly obvious abuses of mod privileges and I hope that, upon reflection, you realise you were being a complete snowflake about Trump and stop the abuse of power.

Something Trump was never able to do.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Sun May 08, 2022 12:58 am

Cactus Jack wrote:They didn't upset me they amused me - as you obvious support for Trump with the pretence that it's anything else has amused me since day one.

The huge red herring was a visual metaphor for the increasingly obvious abuses of mod privileges and I hope that, upon reflection, you realise you were being a complete snowflake about Trump and stop the abuse of power.

Something Trump was never able to do.

Oh FFS, give it a rest with your "abuse of power" bullshit. I'm entitled to my views just as much as you are.

And whether you believe it or not (I don't really care) I am not exactly a Trump supporter. Would I be American, I would not be one of those MAGA crazy's. I hope he doesn't run tbh, I rather see Ron DeSantis giving it a go. I just think Trump did a better job than Biden has been doing in the last 16 or so month. I also find it ridiculous that every time something goes wrong it's Trump's fault.
The constant diggings and investigations in Trumps affairs while Biden's are completely ignored, is in my opinion a RED HERRING too. Biden can do no wrong (which we know is not true) while Trump seems to be the antichrist.
That's what I object to, the unfairness of it all, not because I'm a Trump supporter.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun May 08, 2022 7:02 am

Since I last posted Trump has been fined another $10,000 because he is not obeying the courts.
Cactus Jack

Postby .SF. » Sun May 08, 2022 8:51 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Since I last posted Trump has been fined another $10,000 because he is not obeying the courts.

They're saying they 'can't find' the documents, but the judge will continue to fine him 10000 a day until he complies. You mentioned it's a civil case, but as it centres on fraud by Trump, surely as a criminal offence there'd ultimately be criminal charges for him to face ? Or is he somehow protected by his ex-presidential status?
.SF.

Next

Return to US News