Anti-Defamation League condemns Trump for antisemitic tropes

Anti-Defamation League condemns Trump for antisemitic tropes

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:10 pm

On Twitter, Greenblatt said: “Once again, former President Trump has linked his lack of strong support among most US Jews to their feelings about Israel and used classic antisemitic stereotypes about Israeli and Jewish control of Congress and the press to bolster his argument.

“It’s sad that once again we have to restate this point, but the vast majority of American Jews support and have some type of connection to Israel, regardless of which political candidate they vote for.

“Let me be clear: insinuating that Israel or the Jews control Congress or the media is antisemitic, plain and simple. Unfortunately, this is not the first time he has made these offensive remarks.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ion-league

I have to be fair to Trump he's in hot water for this remark - which unusually for Trump is actually true.

There’s people in this country [the USA] that are Jewish and no longer love Israel. I’ll tell you, the evangelical Christians love Israel more than the Jews in this country.”

On that Trump is not lying. Christian Zionism, an Evangelical Christian movement that boasts over 17 million adherents in the USA exceeds the world's population of Jews by a narrow margin of between one and two million. Christian Zionists see the State of Israel as Jews will be the first wave - one that will be completely eradicated - in a war between Islam and Christianity.

However Trump is also wrong, and the allegations of anti-Semitism against him are thus proven, in that the Zionist State of Israel, and its advocates, do not, have never and will never speak for, act on behalf of or represent the Jewish people in any way whatsoever.
Cactus Jack

Return to US News