School Shooting in Michigan

School Shooting in Michigan

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:46 pm

School shooting. 3 dead and 6 injured.

USA schools returning to normal after Covid.
Cactus Jack

Re: School Shooting in Michigan

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:49 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

School shooting. 3 dead and 6 injured.

USA schools returning to normal after Covid.

Takes the heat off the Waukesha killer. Where it's hardly being reported about. Biden can fly to Scotland with his team. But same people can't do the logistics to get him to Waukesha :dunno:

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:39 am

The parents have been charged

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59523682

Ms McDonald said the charges were meant to hold the Crumbleys accountable as well as to send a message about responsible gun ownership.

"The notion that a parent could read those words and also know that their son had access to a deadly weapon that they gave him is unconscionable, and it's criminal," she said.

The prosecutor had previously noted that, although the gun had been purchased legally, it "seems to have just been freely available" for the child's use. According to her, the suspect took the gun from an unlocked drawer in his parents' bedroom and brought it to school.

This opens a whole new can of worms. California has fairly tough gun laws by US standards and has long been the target of pro-gun activists who advocate civil disobedience in relation to those laws. That the Crumbley's are even being charged is significant as it demonstrates a prima facie against them exists - prima facie is the legal standard required to bring charges and simply mean that a first glance there is reasonable cause to believe a crime may have been committed. In this case there is evidence that although they were aware he was in a disturbed state of mind the Crumbley's continued to allow their son free access to the firearm
Cactus Jack

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:48 am

Good

about time that gun ownership was seen not just as a right but also as a massive responsibility
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:20 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:Good

about time that gun ownership was seen not just as a right but also as a massive responsibility

Yeah - and another thing - if your teenage son is having behavioural problems, don't buy loads of guns and leave them lying around the house ffs.
Text

Postby Text » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:49 pm

Guest wrote:

Takes the heat off the Waukesha killer. Where it's hardly being reported about. Biden can fly to Scotland with his team. But same people can't do the logistics to get him to Waukesha :dunno:

4 innocent, beautiful lives snuffed out- and you don't bother to pay even a short perfunctory tribute to them.
Instead you dive straight in with testoserone-charged point scoring (against Biden), and whataboutery.
Biden this, Biden that. .... Poor! :shake head:
RIP to the innocent dead.
Text

Postby Holly » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:13 pm

It's definitely the parents who are guilty of that murder. Apparently the teacher caught the boy googling ammunition on his phone and told the parents, in return the Mother texted the boy " LOL, I'm not mad at you, you just need to learn how not to get caught"...Wow...What a Mother. What chance did that boy have? I hope they get life in prison.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59523682
Holly
Site Admin

Postby .SF. » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:58 pm

A sad story but whichever way you choose to look at it and despite their negligence the parent's aren't guilty of murder.
.SF.

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:03 pm

.SF. wrote:A sad story but whichever way you choose to look at it and despite their negligence the parent's aren't guilty of murder.

Which is why they're up for manslaughter...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby .SF. » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:08 pm

Stooo wrote:
.SF. wrote:A sad story but whichever way you choose to look at it and despite their negligence the parent's aren't guilty of murder.

Yes, I know. But check the post before mine.
.SF.

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:09 pm

.SF. wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yes, I know. But check the post before mine.

I'm too busy shitposting on Reddit...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:29 pm

Holly wrote:It's definitely the parents who are guilty of that murder. Apparently the teacher caught the boy googling ammunition on his phone and told the parents, in return the Mother texted the boy " LOL, I'm not mad at you, you just need to learn how not to get caught"...Wow...What a Mother. What chance did that boy have? I hope they get life in prison.

The parent were called into the school for a meeting with the boy and his teachers. After the meeting the teachers decided to let the boy return to class.
That's when the mother sent the txt. Not after he shot his school mates.

Postby Maddog » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:It's definitely the parents who are guilty of that murder. Apparently the teacher caught the boy googling ammunition on his phone and told the parents, in return the Mother texted the boy " LOL, I'm not mad at you, you just need to learn how not to get caught"...Wow...What a Mother. What chance did that boy have? I hope they get life in prison.

The parent were called into the school for a meeting with the boy and his teachers. After the meeting the teachers decided to let the boy return to class.
That's when the mother sent the txt. Not after he shot his school mates.

Yeah, he drew some strange pictures, but the worse part of the pictures was scribbled out by the time the parents saw it.

As for Googling ammo, that's not strange for someone who is going to go out shooting. A young man would want to look at brands, bullet designs and weights.

It's not like you just go buy a box of 9mm shells. There are probably a dozen choices at most stores.

The parents did provide access to that gun and that might be a crime in Michigan.

The US legal system always overcharges, and then often backs into a lesser charge through intimidation.
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:55 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:Good

There may be issues with that There will be issues with that.

I suppose that the USA could solve the whole thing by taking on the HRA 1998 and applying it in common law rather than criminal :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:08 pm

This is half the problem;

According to her office's investigation, the boy was with his father last Friday when Mr Crumbley bought the firearm believed to have been used in the shooting.

A post on the boy's social media later that day showed off his dad's new weapon as "my new beauty", adding a heart emoji.

An embedded link in that report is also worth a look; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41488081
Grafenwalder

Next

Return to US News