The New Texas Abortion Laws

Re: The New Texas Abortion Laws

Postby Stooo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:As interesting as it is, hearing men's views, they are irrelevant

it really is that simple, in the same way that a woman has no say over any medical procedure that a man may have

however I'd like to think that in a relationship it is something that is discussed and mutually agreed on, if they differ so much on that huge issue, then the relationship probably doesn't have much of a future anyway

but yeah, irrelevant on a real level, no person of any gender gets to make a decision about what somebody else does with their body, except in extreme circumstances, and then only as next of kin spokesperson, not in defiance of their wishes

What decision could a man make to make a huge impact to a woman life? Maybe a vasectomy? That's a bit different to an actual baby already in the making IMO.

ETA, don't get me wrong, I have been in that situation when I was very young, so there is no argument from me here, I just want to know how men actually feel about.

You can bet that if men had periods then sanitary products would be on the NHS rather than on the shelves of a supermarket. Your body your choice but I have a huge issue with (fuck, what's the least emotive word to use?) that have Downs being able to be aborted until just before birth. There's separate issues here.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You're being weird again.

I stated my opinion

No, I'm not.

In the UK abortion is available on demand during the first trimester.

After that, regulations and doctors are involved, taking it out of the hands of the woman, to some degree and starting to look at the unborn as an entity that needs some representation. That happens long before viability.

This is what happens after the first trimester, and I support it, more or less.

In Great Britain abortion continues to be regulated under criminal law, but is legally available through the Abortion Act 1967, which permits abortions if there is:

risk to the life of the pregnant woman;

a necessity for abortion to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman;

risk of injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman or any existing children of her family (up to a term limit of 24 weeks of gestation); or

substantial risk that if the child were born, it would "suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities as to be seriously handicapped"

Will you be replying or will you be replying to yourself as a "Guest"?

I stated my opinion and if you login as ATXn you'll find I give the same opinion.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I stated my opinion

No, I'm not.

After that, regulations and doctors are involved, taking it out of the hands of the woman, to some degree and starting to look at the unborn as an entity that needs some representation. That happens long before viability.

In Great Britain abortion continues to be regulated under criminal law, but is legally available through the Abortion Act 1967, which permits abortions if there is:

a necessity for abortion to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman;

risk of injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman or any existing children of her family (up to a term limit of 24 weeks of gestation); or

substantial risk that if the child were born, it would "suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities as to be seriously handicapped"

I stated my opinion and if you login as ATXn you'll find I give the same opinion.

Do you remember getting banned over accusing me of being Austin one too many times? Remember, the mods here know who is who.
Maddog

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I stated my opinion

No, I'm not.

What's the matter with you? You were told that Maddog and ATXn are two different posters. How many more times do you need to be told??? Stop that now.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:43 am

Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I stated my opinion

No, I'm not.

What's the matter with you? You were told that Maddog and ATXn are two different posters. How many more times do you need to be told??? Stop that now.

Try not being so openly biased for once.
Cactus Jack

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:51 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Holly wrote:

They are not the same person. so quit it

now you can accuse me of open bias, but I hope you can explain the grounds for doing so
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:02 am

Or I can let it speak for itself.

Back to the topic Maddog is desperately trying to distract from and the striking down of an unconstitutional law Texas tried to slip through the back door
Cactus Jack

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:15 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Or I can let it speak for itself.

Back to the topic Maddog is desperately trying to distract from and the striking down of an unconstitutional law Texas tried to slip through the back door

oh do fuck off

you made an incorrect accusation depsite being told previously that you are wrong

do it again and you will find there are consequences to your fuckwittery

TIA
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:25 am

Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:As interesting as it is, hearing men's views, they are irrelevant

it really is that simple, in the same way that a woman has no say over any medical procedure that a man may have

however I'd like to think that in a relationship it is something that is discussed and mutually agreed on, if they differ so much on that huge issue, then the relationship probably doesn't have much of a future anyway

but yeah, irrelevant on a real level, no person of any gender gets to make a decision about what somebody else does with their body, except in extreme circumstances, and then only as next of kin spokesperson, not in defiance of their wishes

What decision could a man make to make a huge impact to a woman life? Maybe a vasectomy? That's a bit different to an actual baby already in the making IMO.

ETA, don't get me wrong, I have been in that situation when I was very young, so there is no argument from me here, I just want to know how men actually feel about.

You can bet that if men had periods then sanitary products would be on the NHS rather than on the shelves of a supermarket. Your body your choice but I have a huge issue with (fuck, what's the least emotive word to use?) that have Downs being able to be aborted until just before birth. There's separate issues here.

That’s women’s rights versus disability rights.
Very problematic but I’d have to stand by the law on this despite my personal feelings or preferences.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:37 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:

That’s women’s rights versus disability rights.
Very problematic but I’d have to stand by the law on this despite my personal feelings or preferences.

There are just as huge issues with gender selection.

Among some Asian communities in the US female foetuses are vastly more likely to be terminated than males, especially among the first born, and women in those communities have reported being strongly coerced into terminating female unborn. Sadly those are separate issues and I don't think we effectively send the message that women are valued by making them second class citizens and letting the state take control of their bodies.

I know the tag line that this is a subject on which men can have an opinion but only women can have a say is a bit trite but I believe it's the one that stands up to scrutiny.
Cactus Jack

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:47 am

We are talking about the law. In which country is gender preference a lawful reason to abort?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:25 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:We are talking about the law. In which country is gender preference a lawful reason to abort?

In any country where there is abortion on demand.

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:03 am

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:We are talking about the law. In which country is gender preference a lawful reason to abort?

This isn't a perfect world and women will want to terminate pregnancies for a number of different reasons.

IMO it is every bit as unacceptable for a woman to pressured to have an abortion if the child is disabled or on the grounds of sex selection as it is for her to be pressured to have a baby because racists need misogynists votes to stay in power.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:29 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Guest wrote:

This isn't a perfect world and women will want to terminate pregnancies for a number of different reasons.

IMO it is every bit as unacceptable for a woman to pressured to have an abortion if the child is disabled or on the grounds of sex selection as it is for her to be pressured to have a baby because racists need misogynists votes to stay in power.

That makes absolutely no sense. What does racism have to do with any of this? :ooer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:35 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I stated my opinion

No, I'm not.

WTF are you talking about? You get away with just about anything. You want to see bias? We can do that so you can see what bias actually means.Try your shit on any other forums and you will soon come to appreciate Dogs and its admin :roll:
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to US News