The New Texas Abortion Laws

Re: The New Texas Abortion Laws

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:08 am

Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:As interesting as it is, hearing men's views, they are irrelevant

it really is that simple, in the same way that a woman has no say over any medical procedure that a man may have

however I'd like to think that in a relationship it is something that is discussed and mutually agreed on, if they differ so much on that huge issue, then the relationship probably doesn't have much of a future anyway

but yeah, irrelevant on a real level, no person of any gender gets to make a decision about what somebody else does with their body, except in extreme circumstances, and then only as next of kin spokesperson, not in defiance of their wishes

What decision could a man make to make a huge impact to a woman life? Maybe a vasectomy? That's a bit different to an actual baby already in the making IMO.

ETA, don't get me wrong, I have been in that situation when I was very young, so there is no argument from me here, I just want to know how men actually feel about.

it isn't a baby at that point it is a cluster of cells

what it actually is, is a parasite

it is a medical procedure like any other, allowing someone outside the medical profession to have a say in the outcome is just wrong on every level
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:52 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:As interesting as it is, hearing men's views, they are irrelevant

it really is that simple, in the same way that a woman has no say over any medical procedure that a man may have

however I'd like to think that in a relationship it is something that is discussed and mutually agreed on, if they differ so much on that huge issue, then the relationship probably doesn't have much of a future anyway

but yeah, irrelevant on a real level, no person of any gender gets to make a decision about what somebody else does with their body, except in extreme circumstances, and then only as next of kin spokesperson, not in defiance of their wishes

What decision could a man make to make a huge impact to a woman life? Maybe a vasectomy? That's a bit different to an actual baby already in the making IMO.

ETA, don't get me wrong, I have been in that situation when I was very young, so there is no argument from me here, I just want to know how men actually feel about.

it isn't a baby at that point it is a cluster of cells

what it actually is, is a parasite

it is a medical procedure like any other, allowing someone outside the medical profession to have a say in the outcome is just wrong on every level

Depends what stage of pregnancy we're talking about. I guess at the 6 week it is no more than a parasite, a cluster of cells, even though it has a heartbeat at 6 ½ - 7 weeks... at that stage an abortion is allowed in Texas anyway. However, many women don't even find out till they're about 12 weeks along ( which happened to me ) at that stage it's not a parasite anymore.

Holly
Site Admin

Postby drum » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:59 am

I think that's fake Holly. sorry.
drum

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:04 am

drum wrote:I think that's fake Holly. sorry.

OK, perhaps you're right, it does actually look a bit too perfect, but this one also shows a baby in the making. I'm sorry but I do no call this just a few cells

https://www.stlukes-stl.com/health-cont ... 2/9572.htm
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:10 am

Once again I need to strees, I am not against abortion and definitely not against pro choice, I had an abortion when I was nearly 18 at 13.5 weeks. I just want to understand how men feel about it.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:21 am

it is parasitic until it can survive independently

that isn't an opinion but a definition
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:31 am

HobbitFeet wrote:it is parasitic until it can survive independently

that isn't an opinion but a definition

That wasn't actually my point anyway, but OK.
I want to hear from men tbh, how they feel about this subject. I do know how women feel, I am one of them and have been there.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:07 am

Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
A federal judge has blocked enforcement of Texas' controversial new abortion law, granting an emergency request from the Justice Department.

The department sought the preliminary injunction just days after it sued Texas over its new abortion law. Known as SB 8, the law bans almost all abortions in the state after about six weeks of pregnancy, even in cases of rape, sexual abuse and incest.

In his 113-page ruling, U.S. District Court Judge Robert Pitman said that from the moment SB 8 went into effect last month, "women have been unlawfully prevented from exercising control over their lives in ways that are protected by the Constitution."

He added: "[O]ther courts may find a way to avoid this conclusion is theirs to decide. This Court will not sanction one more day of this offensive deprivation of such an important right."

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland called the court's decision "a victory for women in Texas and for the rule of law."

As predicted - the Supreme Court's attempt to 'stealth' Roe v Wade has been forestalled. if they want to undermine women's rights they must now attached their names to a decision attacking the 14th Amendment

Let me make something very clear before I continue, I'm absolutely for pro choice when it comes to abortion and especially when incest and rape is involved. It's her body, her choice IMO. I personally have always felt that way. However, I have an interesting question...since you seem quite invested in this topic, let me ask you, do you think men should have an input in the decision making?
I had a discussion with a men a while ago whose girlfriend decided she wanted an abortion but he didn't. He was devastated but there was nothing he could do about it. He made the comment that would it be the other way around and she wanted to keep the baby, but he would not, there would also be nothing he could do about, which means he has no choice either way. How do you feel about that? How do most men feel about it?

Hopefully most men respect the woman has a right to do whatever she wants with her own body. Giving birth isn’t the same has having a tooth out. It’s a life threatening ordeal so no woman should feel she has to do it against her will.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 am

Surely all parenting decisions including the decision on whether to become parents should be made jointly and with mutual support.

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:17 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
A federal judge has blocked enforcement of Texas' controversial new abortion law, granting an emergency request from the Justice Department.

The department sought the preliminary injunction just days after it sued Texas over its new abortion law. Known as SB 8, the law bans almost all abortions in the state after about six weeks of pregnancy, even in cases of rape, sexual abuse and incest.

In his 113-page ruling, U.S. District Court Judge Robert Pitman said that from the moment SB 8 went into effect last month, "women have been unlawfully prevented from exercising control over their lives in ways that are protected by the Constitution."

He added: "[O]ther courts may find a way to avoid this conclusion is theirs to decide. This Court will not sanction one more day of this offensive deprivation of such an important right."

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland called the court's decision "a victory for women in Texas and for the rule of law."

As predicted - the Supreme Court's attempt to 'stealth' Roe v Wade has been forestalled. if they want to undermine women's rights they must now attached their names to a decision attacking the 14th Amendment

Let me make something very clear before I continue, I'm absolutely for pro choice when it comes to abortion and especially when incest and rape is involved. It's her body, her choice IMO. I personally have always felt that way. However, I have an interesting question...since you seem quite invested in this topic, let me ask you, do you think men should have an input in the decision making?
I had a discussion with a men a while ago whose girlfriend decided she wanted an abortion but he didn't. He was devastated but there was nothing he could do about it. He made the comment that would it be the other way around and she wanted to keep the baby, but he would not, there would also be nothing he could do about, which means he has no choice either way. How do you feel about that? How do most men feel about it?

Hopefully most men respect the woman has a right to do whatever she wants with her own body. Giving birth isn’t the same has having a tooth out. It’s a life threatening ordeal so no woman should feel she has to do it against her will.

Yes I agree, and it's fair enough, however, you do know that women have the means to prevent pregnancy, right? OK, accidents do happen, that's where this conversation comes in. So far only women commented, I want to hear from the male species :grrrrr:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby drum » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 am

Guest wrote:

Surely all parenting decisions including the decision on whether to become parents should be made jointly and with mutual support.

In an ideal world yes but that's not the case in many situations.
drum

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:39 am

Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Yes I agree, and it's fair enough, however, you do know that women have the means to prevent pregnancy, right? OK, accidents do happen, that's where this conversation comes in. So far only women commented, I want to hear from the male species :grrrrr:

For me, it would always be the woman's decision, and I'd give her all the support before, during, and after the procedure. I am completely pro choice and believe no one should be forced to continue with a pregnancy that they don't want.

On another note, my ex was pregnant with my baby (after we finished) but didn't bother telling me, she was going to keep it but nature had other ideas and she miscarried, and that's the first i knew of it. That's when she decided to tell me. Messed with my head for a bit, but that was a few years ago.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:40 am

Guest wrote:

I'm pretty sure I said that, however we are specifically talking about abortion, not whether to send Tarquin to trombone lessons :roll: which is a slightly lesser issue

but ultimately it is entirely the decision of the woman, whatever your thoughts on the matter
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:59 am

Thanks Tokes, I appreciate your answer and I understand that you weren't completely without feelings about that very sad situation.
I'm sorry it ended that way.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:02 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm pretty sure I said that, however we are specifically talking about abortion, not whether to send Tarquin to trombone lessons :roll: which is a slightly lesser issue

but ultimately it is entirely the decision of the woman, whatever your thoughts on the matter

OMG, YES, I know it is, there isn't any argument about that and I agree, I just want to know how men feel about it :grrrrr: Please all women, let the blokes answer!!!
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to US News