oxford , Cambridge Boat Race .

oxford , Cambridge Boat Race .

Postby Snookerballs » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:33 pm

Due to pollution in the River Thames , it was the first time in nearly two hundred years that the winning crew did not dip their Cox in the water . :yikes:
Snookerballs

Re: oxford , Cambridge Boat Race .

Postby Iteats » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:12 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Due to pollution in the River Thames , it was the first time in nearly two hundred years that the winning crew did not dip their Cox in the water . :yikes:

Was it due to pollution or have the water levels dropped?
Iteats

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:49 pm

Iteats wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:Due to pollution in the River Thames , it was the first time in nearly two hundred years that the winning crew did not dip their Cox in the water . :yikes:

Pollution, E-Coli sickness is common. Yeah the stuff that lives in your guts and you shit out.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Iteats » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
Iteats wrote:

Pollution, E-Coli sickness is common. Yeah the stuff that lives in your guts and you shit out.

I thought if the water levels had dropped their cox may not reach :smilin:

Imagine paying companies to dispose of and treat our waste so it is safe for us and the environment only for those companies to literally shit on us by dumping it into our waters.
I hear Thames Water want the taxpayer to help them clean up the mess, certain things should never be privatised.
Iteats

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:14 pm

Iteats wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Iteats wrote:

Imagine paying companies to dispose of and treat our waste so it is safe for us and the environment only for those companies to literally shit on us by dumping it into our waters.
I hear Thames Water want the taxpayer to help them clean up the mess, certain things should never be privatised.

It's the opposite of river levels dropping.

This winter has been much warmer and much wetter. I've seen more lying water this year than ever before.

In floods, and when there's a lot of rain water going through the sewers, there's an overspill and the raw sewage gets flushed into the river - not just the Thames pretty much every river in the UK is going to be the same.

I wouldn't bother with the wild water river swims this year.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:58 pm

Iteats wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Iteats wrote:

Everywhere is waterlogged and the rivers are full of water (and shit). The depth is not a problem, the possible infections are.
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to UK News