A May Election?

A May Election?

Postby Stooo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:23 pm

The tory press throws the first grenade at 'two houses' Rayner to little interest, meanwhile the other side digs out Frank Hester, his £10M donation to the tories as well as...

Biggest Tory donor said looking at Diane Abbott makes you ‘want to hate all black women’

I somehow doubt that this will be an equal battle when it comes down to self-serving sleaze, wait until they cotton on to Odey :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: A May Election?

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:19 pm

Seems unlikely. That would be like turkeys voting for Christmas...

Think the Conservatives will hope for a good summer to limit their losses at a General Election at the least.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Seems unlikely. That would be like turkeys voting for Christmas...

Think the Conservatives will hope for a good summer to limit their losses at a General Election at the least.

And give the R parties more leverage?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Iteats » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:03 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Seems unlikely. That would be like turkeys voting for Christmas...

Limit their losses :gigglesnshit: there doesn't seem much likelihood of that, unless the Great British public prove how dumbed down they have become and fall for Boris J's (I hear he's coming back to campaign on the Red Wall) bullshit again.
Iteats

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:46 am

Iteats wrote:

Limit their losses :gigglesnshit: there doesn't seem much likelihood of that, unless the Great British public prove how dumbed down they have become and fall for Boris J's (I hear he's coming back to campaign on the Red Wall) bullshit again.

If the election is in May it would be May 2 which is 7 weeks away.

An election campaign is generally 6-8 weeks so we're nearing the deadline for a May 2 election.

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:18 pm

They don't have to declare this until June, I'm sure it will go down well...

https://www.tortoisemedia.com/2024/03/1 ... ank-hester
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:24 pm

Off they trot... :NAA:

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Iteats » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:38 pm

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/full-list-mp ... -election/
The MPs who are standing down at the election: Full list of those quitting the Commons

Conservative 62
Labour 17

Labour are crumbling :trollface:
Iteats

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:12 pm

Stooo wrote:

Looks that way...

I've seen a recent poll with Labour 28 points ahead and Reform only 5 points behind them now. This could be very, very bad for the Conservatives.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:13 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Looks that way...

I've seen a recent poll with Labour 28 points ahead and Reform only 5 points behind them now. This could be very, very bad for the Conservatives.

This will be very bad for them, delaying it will add to the attrition. I've heard rumours of October but the tory vote will be a wasteland after the Summer recess.

‘I want my country back’: what’s in a phrase?
Lee Anderson’s decision this week to join the Reform Party, becoming its first, if unelected, MP brought into focus several of the Brexit themes I’ve been writing about in recent months. At the beginning of October, discussing the ways that Brexit has driven the Tory Party mad, I made specific reference to Anderson, then the Deputy Chairman, as illustrating how there are no discernible differences between many sections of the Tory Party and Reform. So, given the prompt of losing the Tory whip, it was an obvious move for him to make. It’s possible that other Tory MPs will follow him to Reform without that spur to action, but none have done so yet. And why should they? It is now obvious to all, as it should have been for a while, that, as I wrote in February 2023, Brexitism is eating Conservatism.

Thus the end-game for the Brexitist (or NatCon populists, or Five Families, or whatever label we might use for them) is to take complete control of the Tory Party after it loses the election, and then to bring Reform Party voters and politicians, perhaps including Nigel Farage, into an invigorated ‘true Conservative’ Party. Meanwhile, the job of Reform is to siphon off as much as possible of the vote, so as to inflict a catastrophic defeat upon Sunak, facilitating the Brexitist takeover and paving the way for an actual or effective merger. Who knows, Anderson himself may re-enter the Tory fold in the process. Or perhaps he will disappear into well-deserved oblivion, a footnote in dusty volumes of political history.

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.co ... hrase.html
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:32 pm

Sums it up...

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:47 pm

I think we're now probably looking at an October election.

The Tories won't want a summer election because in term time the votes, and the campaigning energy of some very motivated students, will be concentrated in urban areas where the Universities are and the Labour Party are already strong. In summer those students and their energy will be distributed across the Tory shires.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I think we're now probably looking at an October election.

The Tories won't want a summer election because in term time the votes, and the campaigning energy of some very motivated students, will be concentrated in urban areas where the Universities are and the Labour Party are already strong. In summer those students and their energy will be distributed across the Tory shires.

The trust in the postal service has gone with older people and the postal vote option because of communism (union action) rather than mismanagement at an upper level, I obviously can't give my opinion. This provides a perfect storm in the gerrymandered photo ID polling booths that they refuse to visit because of having to show a selfie on official forms because they can't be arsed and never had to before.

Mogg admitted that this was a bullet to the foot.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 am

Stooo wrote:

The trust in the postal service has gone with older people and the postal vote option because of communism (union action) rather than mismanagement at an upper level, I obviously can't give my opinion. This provides a perfect storm in the gerrymandered photo ID polling booths that they refuse to visit because of having to show a selfie on official forms because they can't be arsed and never had to before.

The photo-id thing is just a bad idea.

Even the choice of what is and is not suitable shows the intent - you senior citizen's bus pass is valid but for some reason your Student Union Card is not.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:

The photo-id thing is just a bad idea.

Even the choice of what is and is not suitable shows the intent - you senior citizen's bus pass is valid but for some reason your Student Union Card is not.

Proof of age is different.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to UK News