Wow, is this OK?

Wow, is this OK?

Postby Holly » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:28 pm

This is just the beginning.
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Wow, is this OK?

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:05 pm

She knowingly and willingly broke a buffer zone and got arrested due to a law brought in to stop environmental road protests, what's the story?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:45 pm

Holly wrote:

This is just the beginning.

The beginning of what?

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:06 pm

No Holly - harrassing women going into a health clinic is definitely not OK and I'm as please as you are that this vile woman was prevented from carrying out that heinous action.

It was only a civil arrest, local residents are pretty sick of Opus Dei's annual protests where residents of the area, including young women with children, as well as clients of the sexual health clinic are accosted and given misleading accounts, graphic images and of course subjected to pro-rapist and pro-paedophile propaganda, so no charges ensued but she was removed in accordance with a court order obtained by the local residents.
Cactus Jack

Postby .SF. » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:This is just the beginning.

The beginning of what?

More disingenuous threads like this one. Probably.
.SF.

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:15 pm

.SF. wrote:
Guest wrote:

The beginning of what?

Let's be fair - Holly could be highlighting the scope of the new anti-Protest laws brought in by Suella Braverman and showing how their application can lead to unforeseen consequences for the extreme right too.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:08 pm

.SF. wrote:
Guest wrote:

The beginning of what?

No, I won't bother anymore, what was I thinking trying to breathe some life into the forum ? :shame: Your threads like how hard it is to choose a tooth paste, are much more riveting.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:17 pm

Holly wrote:
.SF. wrote:
Guest wrote:

The beginning of what?

No, I won't bother anymore, what was I thinking trying to breathe some life into the forum ? :shame: Your threads like how hard it is to choose a tooth paste, are much more riveting.

OK Holly I'll bite.

Even though I completely disagree with her it's not OK to arrest a peaceful protester.

But that also applies when the protesters are environmentalists, BLM, people against the mistreatment of migrants in Suella Braverman's concentration camps or pro-choice people.

Passing laws against this or that always seems such a good idea when you think it will only affect 'the other side' (The Tories are right now looking to pass laws to make strikes even more illegal than they already are - the bar for industrial action for public workers is set so high there have been literally dozens of ballots for strike action where over 75% of those who voted favoured strike action but the rules prevented action being taken). but laws apply to everyone and bad laws are easy to abuse.

This was a law loudly applauded by the right when they thought it was only going to be used against Extinction Rebellion.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:47 am

OK, I bite one more time too, since you were actually agreeing with me a bit.

The point I was trying to make, was how slowly things are getting out of hand, getting more and more authoritarian and everyone seems to be OK with that.
That woman was standing there by herself doing absolutely nothing. She didn't bother anyone. She stood there in silence. Along come the cops and ask her "are you praying"...? Like that would be something absolutely unacceptable :shoot: Her reply was "I might be in my head" and that was enough for them to arrest her.
There was no threat of violence, demonstration, or unrest. It has been branded by critics a "thought crime" A thought crime? WTF?

When did it become law that a person can't stand by herself in a public place in silence doing nothing? Her private thoughts are just that, private, no ones business.
What would have happened if she had said she's just thinking about what to cook for dinner, or even, it's none of your business?
When did we become such an intolerant society?

These days you're either going along with the left ideology, or you're evil, an outcast, an enemy of the state, you might get cancelled, lose your livelihood, get attacked on SM, have your accounts removed etc...No more opposing views will be tolerated or else.

Just look what happened when Elon took over Twitter and said he will allow freedom of speech to a certain point, the left were having a meltdown. Freedom of speech to them means it only belongs to them, no one else should be allowed to have a voice.
Can't you see how dangerous this is to a Democracy?

I'm not talking about the radicals shit heads,you have them on both sides, of course they need to be stopped, I'm talking about normal people with normal views.
What's that saying?...I might not like what you say, but I will defend your right to say it. Shouldn't that apply to both sides?

Phew, that was long, now I'm I'm exhausted :ooer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby .SF. » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:11 am

It's obvious, even to the meanest intelligence, that she wasn't arrested for 'praying in her head' or some kind of 'thought crime', even though that's how it's being peddled...

Do people deliberately circulate misinformation or are they genuinely suckered in by it? I think we should be told.
.SF.

Postby Holly » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:25 am

.SF. wrote:It's obvious, even to the meanest intelligence, that she wasn't arrested for 'praying in her head' or some kind of 'thought crime', even though that's how it's being peddled...

Do people deliberately circulate misinformation or are they genuinely suckered in by it? I think we should be told.

That's not getting peddled, and it's not misinformation, that's exactly what happened. What more proof do you need other than the video evidence FFS?

The meanest intelligence? Really?
What a nasty, snide creature you are.
Why do you keep having a go at me for no reason? Is that for your entertainment? Do you get a kick out of it?
You weren't happy when I reacted to your comments, I have stayed away from you for quite some time now, but you don't seem to like that. Why is that?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby .SF. » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:24 am

Holly wrote:
.SF. wrote:It's obvious, even to the meanest intelligence, that she wasn't arrested for 'praying in her head' or some kind of 'thought crime', even though that's how it's being peddled...

That's not getting peddled, and it's not misinformation, that's exactly what happened. What more proof do you need other than the video evidence FFS?

Why do you keep having a go at me for no reason? Is that for your entertainment? Do you get a kick out of it?
You weren't happy when I reacted to your comments, I have stayed away from you for quite some time now, but you don't seem to like that. Why is that?

I have this thing about how the internet, even forums like this one, is used to push misinformation, either deliberately or naively. And so when I see it I feel the need to call it out, even though something called 'Brandolini's Law' usually kicks in and I know in my heart it's going to be a wasted effort. At the moment it's usually you who's starting the topics, and if I respond it's because of the topic, not because it's you. I used to challenge Rollup quite often, he was another one who pushed misleading stuff to further a cause.

In your case I still don't really know if you believe what you claim or if you do it just to be controversial and get some forum action going. But here it seems you genuinely believe that in the UK people are being arrested for thinking because that's how the clip is being promoted. A bit of critical thinking is needed here.
.SF.

Postby Holly » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:56 am

.SF. wrote:
Holly wrote:

I have this thing about how the internet, even forums like this one, is used to push misinformation, either deliberately or naively. And so when I see it I feel the need to call it out, even though something called 'Brandolini's Law' usually kicks in and I know in my heart it's going to be a wasted effort. At the moment it's usually you who's starting the topics, and if I respond it's because of the topic, not because it's you. I used to challenge Rollup quite often, he was another one who pushed misleading stuff to further a cause.

In your case I still don't really know if you believe what you claim or if you do it just to be controversial and get some forum action going. But here it seems you genuinely believe that in the UK people are being arrested for thinking because that's how the clip is being promoted. A bit of critical thinking is needed here.

OK, you tell me then how you interpret this video. I saw online that the police got something like 34 000 complains in a very short time. So obviously I'm not the only one who saw it for what it was. How can you say this is misinformation, when the proof is right in your face?
And I have no problem you getting involved in the threads I start, that's the whole point of a forum, but your first post was a snide one in reply to a Guest, who asked " The beginning of what" and you answered "More disingenuous threads like this one. Probably.
Not nice.
But anyway, we might as well throw this thread into the RCT part. Doesn't look like it will pick up, and I lost interest.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:03 am

Holly wrote:OK, I bite one more time too, since you were actually agreeing with me a bit.

The point I was trying to make, was how slowly things are getting out of hand, getting more and more authoritarian and everyone seems to be OK with that.
That woman was standing there by herself doing absolutely nothing. She didn't bother anyone. She stood there in silence. Along come the cops and ask her "are you praying"...? Like that would be something absolutely unacceptable :shoot: Her reply was "I might be in my head" and that was enough for them to arrest her.
There was no threat of violence, demonstration, or unrest. It has been branded by critics a "thought crime" A thought crime? WTF?

When did it become law that a person can't stand by herself in a public place in silence doing nothing? Her private thoughts are just that, private, no ones business.
What would have happened if she had said she's just thinking about what to cook for dinner, or even, it's none of your business?
When did we become such an intolerant society?

These days you're either going along with the left ideology, or you're evil, an outcast, an enemy of the state, you might get cancelled, lose your livelihood, get attacked on SM, have your accounts removed etc...No more opposing views will be tolerated or else.

Just look what happened when Elon took over Twitter and said he will allow freedom of speech to a certain point, the left were having a meltdown. Freedom of speech to them means it only belongs to them, no one else should be allowed to have a voice.
Can't you see how dangerous this is to a Democracy?

I'm not talking about the radicals shit heads,you have them on both sides, of course they need to be stopped, I'm talking about normal people with normal views.
What's that saying?...I might not like what you say, but I will defend your right to say it. Shouldn't that apply to both sides?

Phew, that was long, now I'm I'm exhausted :ooer:

In my youth in Northern Ireland Catholics were arrested, imprisoned and often tortured for walking in the streets, in the 1980s women were arrested for camping - they just happened to camping outside the site where US missles were based - and within the past few weeks people were arrested for crossing the road.

The purpose of civil disobedience is to cause the those in authority to visibly 'abuse' their power.

According to most antiquarians the single most important document in the history of civilisation is The Hammurabi Code, a collection of 282 rules, established standards for commercial interactions and set fines and punishments to meet the requirements of justice. It is that document that said punishments were not decided by whim and fiat - which is how Elon Musk is doing things on Twitter - but according to a code of laws that apply to everyone. You want BLM protesters, environmentalists and striking workers to be subject to repressive laws but when it's someone on 'your side' it becomes tyrannical.

Like SF I don't know you're like Bungle, a provocateur who thinks they're 'contraversial', or genuinely brainwashed by the extreme right drivel but we've all seen you back authoritarians who want to overturn elections too often to see you as a agent of democracy. That ship sailed a long time ago.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:48 am

You guys are unbelievable. The hypocrisy is beyond believe, especially yours CJ. OK, go and agree with each other, smack each other on the back, congratulate each other on a job well done. Isn't that what the far left likes to do? Silence everyone who isn't on the same page, ridicule them, insult them and chase them away...job done. Neither of you seem to be capable of keeping it civil. You finally managed to stop one of the last posters who doesn't share your views from posting anything political. I really don't need being constantly accused of being someone I'm not, some far right worrier, a Trumpist, maybe even a white supremacist blah blah blah, and having to defend myself on a regular basis against this BS. It's too exhausting, unfair and a waste of my time.
Holly
Site Admin

Next

Return to UK News