The Leicester Riots

The Leicester Riots

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:26 pm

Just what is going on in Leicester? Last night violence broke out in the city after hundreds of young men in Covid masks and balaclavas took to the streets as part of an ‘unplanned protest’. The police attempted to contain the protestors but soon lost control of the situation. Videos posted online show officers struggling to contain the crowds while bottles fly and smash on the pavement around them. In another unverified video a group of men flip a car. According to the police, two arrests have been made and they are investigating several other incidents of violence and disorder.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why ... leicester-

I'm not seeing much on SM.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: The Leicester Riots

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:17 pm

Stooo wrote:
Just what is going on in Leicester? Last night violence broke out in the city after hundreds of young men in Covid masks and balaclavas took to the streets as part of an ‘unplanned protest’. The police attempted to contain the protestors but soon lost control of the situation. Videos posted online show officers struggling to contain the crowds while bottles fly and smash on the pavement around them. In another unverified video a group of men flip a car. According to the police, two arrests have been made and they are investigating several other incidents of violence and disorder.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why ... leicester-

I'm not seeing much on SM.

All I've heard is that it was a riot after a cricket match between India and Pakistan for the Asia Cup.

Which I admit is weird enough. Then it has something to do with the coin toss which is even weirder.
Cactus Jack

Return to UK News