THE WEEK IN TORY

Re: THE WEEK IN TORY

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:03 pm

conkerking2 wrote:Who is this guy? He fancies himself something rotten doesn't he?

You seem upset.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Hooray Henry » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:49 pm

:grrrrr: SCUM.
Hooray Henry

Postby Text » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:51 pm

The title of this thread is a bit distracting cos it's not really grammatically correct .... plus I'm not 100% sure of the meaning. Does it mean 'a week is a long time in politics'

No matter, I still LOVE the thread. In fact it's one of the best ones on here imo. Packed full of deliciously orgasmic literary gems, zingers & truth bombs. :yess: :yess:

So anyway it seems Bojo has gone full circle, he's returned to his 1st love now. He spent many years as a columnist writing articles for £££ squillions, before he entered politics. He's already compared himself with Julius Caeser - very Trumpian! And hints that 'I'll be back''.
Text

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:54 pm

Text wrote:The title of this thread is a bit distracting cos it's not really grammatically correct, ...... plus I'm not 100% sure of the meaning. Does it mean 'a week is a long time in politics'

No matter, I still LOVE the thread. - in fact it's one of the best ones on here imo. Packed full of deliciously orgasmic literary gems + zingers + truth bombs. :yess: :yess: :yess:

So anyway it seems Bojo has gone full circle, he's returned to his 1st love. He spent many years of his life as a columnist writing articles for £££ squillions, before he entered politics. He's already compared himself with Julius Caeser - very Trumpian! And hints that 'I'll be back''.

It's an extension of Russ in Cheshire's regular Twitter threads.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby conkerking2 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Stooo wrote:
conkerking2 wrote:Who is this guy? He fancies himself something rotten doesn't he?

You seem upset.

I'm not remotely upset, how strange of you to say that. I'd say you're more upset because I'm not a fan of this guy. I haven't a clue who he is and I can tell from his comments that he fancies himself. Not sure why that should bother you but you seem to be taking it personally.
conkerking2

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:33 pm

conkerking2 wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You seem upset.

I'm not remotely upset, how strange of you to say that. I'd say you're more upset because I'm not a fan of this guy. I haven't a clue who he is and I can tell from his comments that he fancies himself. Not sure why that should bother you but you seem to be taking it personally.

Not enough to rant about it, I'm just commenting.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:35 pm

Noice...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:56 pm

:eyebrow:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:43 pm

It looks like the contributor who does The Week in Tory has quit Twitter for Threads

QElon has made it much more difficult to quote so here's a screen grab

Russ-Bye.JPG
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:It looks like the contributor who does The Week in Tory has quit Twitter for Threads

QElon has made it much more difficult to quote so here's a screen grab

Russ-Bye.JPG

He's now on Threads. I don't have an insta and have no idea what I'm doing trying to migrate :yikes:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:27 pm

The delightful new Selby MP has already been trashed by a cons MP - for being too young, at 25 yo.
Least he was elected by the people. Unlike the mysterious 25 yo lass Bozza shoe-horned into the HoL.
Text

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:18 pm

Text wrote:The delightful new Selby MP has already been trashed by a cons MP - for being too young, at 25 yo.
Least he was elected by the people. Unlike the mysterious 25 yo lass Bozza shoe-horned into the HoL.

Wasn't Fatch in her 20's when she was first elected as an MP?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
Text wrote:The delightful new Selby MP has already been trashed by a cons MP - for being too young, at 25 yo.

- :thumbsup: And that Scottish SNP lass became an MP aged just 20.
(The cons probably approached the lad first & he rejected them in favour of labour, must have stung. :eyebrow: )
Text

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:14 pm

Stooo wrote:

When she first stood for Parliament in 1950 she was either 24 or 25 (she was born in 1925)

She stood again in 1954 but refused to stand in 1955 because she wanted a winnable seat, and that's the rub.

Young candidates are generally given unwinnable seats. The shortlist PPC (Prospective Parliamentary Candidates) list for a seat like Selby - which should be one of the safest Tory seats in the country - would not have been long and would not have contained many, if any, candidates considered 'heavyweights'. When the PPCs were selected, probably about 18 months ago, it was done with the idea that whoever was selected was only there to gain experience.

By the time the election was actually called it was so obvious Labour were going to humiliate the Tories the original Tory candidate, Michael Naughton, stood aside and handed the poison chalice to Claire Holmes, a local solicitor - he cited a family medical emergency but some Tories locally think it was cowardice on Naughton's part and want to deselect him for the General Election which is expected next year.
Cactus Jack

Postby Text » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:25 pm

My tuppence worth:

By the December 2024 deadline for a GE, the conservatives will have had ~15 years in power and five conservative prime ministers on the trot.
Ffs sake, it's time to give Labour a chance - that's what democracy is all about.
If Labour perform poorly when they get in, the Tories can always be voted back in. No problem. :thumbsup:
Text

Previous

Return to UK News