After Brexit #2

Re: After Brexit #2

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:Here we fucking go!

Wow, I wonder how the market will react to a shortage of drivers? You know, increased demand.

The market is running around with its hair on fire!
We have trucks sitting idle while we wait for a hundred thousand drivers to train.
But we don't have enough of those people to train them and it will take about a year to be fully up and running on that.
If you know a quicker way phone Boris.
Then there are the examiners to put them through their tests we don't have enough of them either or places they can do it.
This country is in crisis because of a number of factors but looming large is the fact that a bunch of rich entitled posh schoolkids took over the country with the least experience of ever having done much out of all previous governments from what I can figure.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Wow, I wonder how the market will react to a shortage of drivers? You know, increased demand.

The market is running around with its hair on fire!
We have trucks sitting idle while we wait for a hundred thousand drivers to train.
But we don't have enough of those people to train them and it will take about a year to be fully up and running on that.
If you know a quicker way phone Boris.
Then there are the examiners to put them through their tests we don't have enough of them either or places they can do it.
This country is in crisis because of a number of factors but looming large is the fact that a bunch of rich entitled posh schoolkids took over the country with the least experience of ever having done much out of all previous governments from what I can figure.

And the bold is bang on. Heck even our most reviled PM, Thatcher, had more life experience. At least she knew how run a grocery shop where this lot of imbeciles can't be trusted to run a bloody bath.
Grafenwalder

Postby drum » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:18 am

This gave me a panic yesterday :roll: I'm grounded without a car. A friend went along to the garage at midnight (a BP) the staff said they had been busy bit they dont anticipate any serious problems here. I can't afford to panic buy bloody fuel. I'll have to smash up the twins pram and make a bogey :bawlin:
drum

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:40 am

Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Fuel rationing, then increased pump prices. At this rate we'll be relying on Germany to air drop food parcels on Insanity Island.

Are you for fucking real?
Maddog

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:29 am

France has lost a contract, worth 56 billion euros, to supply Australia with 12 diesel-electric submarines, who have instead decided to get more sophisticated nuclear powered ones from the UK and USA.

The French are livid and have said it is an act of treason. They claim the other countries have been plotting behind their back for 18 months, and have recalled their ambassadors from Australia and the USA (but bizarrely not the UK) in protest. They had called it the 'contract of the century', but alas, it is no more.

None of this happened as a direct result of Brexit, although us no longer being in the EU may have contributed a degree towards our involvement. But Brexit-related? Nah, not really. But then again many of the doom mongering anti-British stories that appear on this forum aren't either. Just a bit of balance.
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:41 am

I've got enough fuel for about a week and the petrol stations are rammed. Going to give it a few days to calm down.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:42 am

Red please don't troll.

If you want to discuss the AUKUS deal feel free to do so.

The collapse of the UK supply chain is directly related to Brexit, it was predicted before Brexit happened and dismissed by you among others as Project Fear. You frequently and angrily argued that experts giving their expert opinion were all part of an elite plotting to frustrate Brexiters and their ambitions.

Now your ambitions have been acheived and the Brexit you helped to craft is happening you must hold yourself accountable for your arrogance. It's called taking responsibility.

Postby Text » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:54 am

Grafenwalder wrote:And the bold is bang on. Heck even our most reviled PM, Thatcher, had more life experience.
At least she knew how run a grocery shop where this lot of imbeciles can't be trusted to run a bloody bath.
.. :thumbsup: And don't forget Ted Heath too, a very down to earth tory with solid working class roots, a far cry from the current boorish hooray henrys.

Rolluplostinspace wrote:n them and it will take about a year to be fully up and running on that. If you know a quicker way phone Boris. Then there are the examiners to put them through their tests we don't have enough of them either or places they can do it.
In a nutshell.
Peasants/Pheasants - meh! Same difference, and treated with the same contempt.
Text

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:42 pm

So much for a quick nip up to Chester to visit the lads, petrol stations are rammed.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:28 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Fuel rationing, then increased pump prices. At this rate we'll be relying on Germany to air drop food parcels on Insanity Island.

Are you for fucking real?

You need to loosen up.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:32 pm

Pretty simple really.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:36 pm

Red Okktober wrote:France has lost a contract, worth 56 billion euros, to supply Australia with 12 diesel-electric submarines, who have instead decided to get more sophisticated nuclear powered ones from the UK and USA.

France was contracted to build diesel-electric. If they wanted nuclear they should have said from the outset as the French who would have built them nuclear subs had they specified that. I don't know how far this will go legally but apparently Australia had signed a contract with France so the French may have cause to sue for breach of contract.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:37 pm

Stooo wrote:

Pretty simple really.

Seen that earlier. He certainly doesn't mince his words!
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Brexiteers will love this. :mrgreen:

All them bloody foreigner folk coming here, stealing our jobs. :gigglesnshit:

Foreign workers to be let into UK to help solve petrol crisis

Immigration rules are set to be relaxed to allow more foreign truck drivers into the UK, according to reports.

Temporary visas could be offered to European drivers, giving them the right to work in the country in an attempt to fix the shortages that have been causing chaos.

Boris Johnson has ordered the change after becoming fed up with ‘bad headlines’, The Financial Times reported.

Rules that came into place after Brexit mean that lorry drivers currently do not meet the skills threshold to qualify for work visas in the UK.

There are at least 100,000 vacancies in the haulage industry and petrol stations have begun to close because of difficulties in transporting fuel.

It was this that led ministers including Priti Patel to drop their opposition to the temporary visa plan, sources told the FT.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/24/petrol-s ... i=15312029

https://www.ft.com/content/8335166f-901 ... 554c3b40b2
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:19 pm

The Argus is running a rolling report on the queues and station closures. Some poor sod queuing to fill his Lambo up - he might be better off getting a Fiat 500 as a standby. :mrgreen:

LIVE: Queues at BP, Asda and Sainsburys petrol stations amid shortage

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1960288 ... -shortage/
Grafenwalder

PreviousNext

Return to UK News