Yikes, Prime Minister - Boris Johnson's bungling and buffon

Re: Yikes, Prime Minister - Boris Johnson's bungling and buffon

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:36 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Interesting thread;

Which is why Boris is in deep shit.

If the state penalized people for such trivial things, then the people that implemented those rules need to be punished when they break them.

Unfortunately in my country, congress often exempts itself from the laws they pass.

Pretty good gig if you get it.

Johnson exempts himself from laws.

He broke the rules he made - and says "nobody told me it was against the rules". But his adherents soak this shit up because for them he's their Brexit Saviour whose going to lead them to their Sunlit Uplands. :roll:

They're shitting themselves if Johnson goes, someone might steal their batty Brexit away from them. :roll:
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:40 pm

Stooo wrote:And it piles on. I know that abuse is rife on the whip circuit, who can forget the picture of the former fireplace salesman Frank Spencer Gavin Williamson MP brandishing his lickle red book of sekrets and an actual whip?

Word is that he's about to be elevated to the Lords despite his total incompetence in public office and probably down to the book, personally I'd be more worried about getting Epstiened in this political atmosphere :ooer:

Threatening to dish the dirt on your perversions is on a whole different level to withholding funding from vital projects such as new schools in your constituency and that is blackmail against the people rather than the subject.

In my view.

Worse still, he might receive a knighthood. WTF for i've no idea. :dunno:
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:16 pm

Margaret Thatcher wrote:MPs are there to represent their constituents; The whips are there to ensure that they don't.

Postby Maddog » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:19 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Interesting thread;

Which is why Boris is in deep shit.

If the state penalized people for such trivial things, then the people that implemented those rules need to be punished when they break them.

Unfortunately in my country, congress often exempts itself from the laws they pass.

Pretty good gig if you get it.

Johnson exempts himself from laws.

He broke the rules he made - and says "nobody told me it was against the rules". But his adherents soak this shit up because for them he's their Brexit Saviour whose going to lead them to their Sunlit Uplands. :roll:

They're shitting themselves if Johnson goes, someone might steal their batty Brexit away from them. :roll:

Is he legally exempt from the law though?
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:24 pm

Maddog wrote:

Legality is for the little people. He has the head of the Met police (Dame Cressida Dick) in his top pocket and on a contract that is up for renewal and the Met have ignored complaints against him for months citing 'not enough evidence'. This evidence included videos, press photos and recordings let alone actual confessions.

He's no Churchill, he's a pound shop Berlusconi.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:25 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Worse still, he might receive a knighthood. WTF for i've no idea. :dunno:

The lickle red book... :wink:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:26 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Johnson exempts himself from laws.

If nobody enforces laws they might as well not be there.

It's why Trump got away with two impeachments
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 pm

Let's try this again. Is Boris, like our congress persons, LEGALLY exempt from many of laws that he passes?

It's really a yes or no answer followed by some clarification possibly.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 pm

Maddog wrote:Let's try this again. Is Boris, like our congress persons, LEGALLY exempt from many of laws that he passes?

Let's try this again.

If a law isn't enforced it doesn't matter if you're legally exempt or not.

Now take your agenda and shove it up your fat arse.
Cactus Jack

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:40 pm

Maddog wrote:Let's try this again. Is Boris, like our congress persons, LEGALLY exempt from many of laws that he passes?

No he isn't Maddy and please carry on ignoring the Irish baby it's better for us all when you manage too.
He might pick up his toys and stamp off elsewhere with a bit of luck.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:34 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

No he isn't Maddy and please carry on ignoring the Irish baby it's better for us all when you manage too.
He might pick up his toys and stamp off elsewhere with a bit of luck.

I didn't think so. While him ignoring a law that applies to him is different that crafting the law so you are exempt (like congress has done before), I guess the results are the same..

Politicians of all stripes and in all countries, have special privileges that are sort of understood while not really legal.
Maddog

Postby .SF. » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:04 am

I can't see the Sue Gray 'inquiry' coming out with anything new. She's not independent, she can't say if a law was broken, all she can say is what happened and most of that has already been reported. I reckon it'll turn out to be a bit of a damp squib.
.SF.

Postby drum » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 am

.SF. wrote:I can't see the Sue Gray 'inquiry' coming out with anything new. She's not independent, she can't say if a law was broken, all she can say is what happened and most of that has already been reported. I reckon it'll turn out to be a bit of a damp squib.

Monday apparently and a big hoo haa over them partying on the night of Philips funeral. If even insutling the Queen doesn't see him off we are stuck with him and the tory party
drum

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:20 pm

Nobody is going to want to take the Tory leadership ahead of the election in May if they can avoid it.

With the new Scandanavian variant coming in and an almost guaranteed series of strikes from teachers and health workers when the Tories try a 14 consecutive year of below inflation salary increases in those professions there's a lot of political poison for de Pfeffle to be loaded up with before he's cast adrift.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Nobody is going to want to take the Tory leadership ahead of the election in May if they can avoid it.

With the new Scandanavian variant coming in and an almost guaranteed series of strikes from teachers and health workers when the Tories try a 14 consecutive year of below inflation salary increases in those professions there's a lot of political poison for de Pfeffle to be loaded up with before he's cast adrift.

Mutiny in the Civil Service as well as WFH is stopped and below inflation wage rises are awarded.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to UK News