Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Re: Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:32 am

The trouble with right wingers is they think the world can be run on a three word slogan.

Build that wall
Get Brexit done
Free Speech Absolutism

The trouble is reality is never that simple.

Building that wall requires a number of laws passed, Mexico were understandably reluctant to pay for America's White Elephant and where it was built it was completely ineffective.

Brexit still isn't done and the deals already signed have handed over fishing rights, access to markets and if you believe the DUP Northern Ireland (don't believe the DUP)

And Free Speech Absolutism means freedom to spread disinformation with no checks and no editorial control to shift the verifiable truth, the justifiable opinion and the baseless rant.

The only three word slogan that works is three word slogans don't work -

:dafinger: I know that has five words but right wingers are notoriously bad at maths so I'm going for irony here :dafinger: .
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:34 pm

:dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:12 am

Going back to the fake Eli Lili account who announced Insulin was free. Their stunt cost Eli Lily $15 billion in stock value so instead of addressing their price gouging Eli Lily were going to sue Twitter.

Rather than use his vast resources and his platform to fight a corporation who are absolutely profiteering off the millions of American diabetics who have no choice but to pay for over-priced insulin 'hero of the people and free speech' Elon Musk quickly put out a Tweet defending the priced of insulin in Amercia

- because that's so defensible

Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:08 am

Say thank you to Joe.

Insulin prices rose “with the swipe of (Joe Biden’s) pen.”

"Insulin went from $60 to $500 with the swipe of creepy Joe's pen," one widespread Facebook post said. "Insulin: Month's supply under DJT, $60. Under Biden, $328," said another.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... es-miss-m/

But of course, it's misinformation, it always is when it doesn't suit. :roll:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:23 am

Holly wrote:Say thank you to Joe.

"Insulin went from $60 to $500 with the swipe of creepy Joe's pen," one widespread Facebook post said. "Insulin: Month's supply under DJT, $60. Under Biden, $328," said another.

Ummm

that article is saying that it ISN'T related to Biden

Our ruling

A Facebook post claimed insulin prices rose "with the swipe of (Joe Biden’s) pen."

Individuals who take insulin could have seen prices fluctuate for several reasons related to their insurance coverage and the specific medication they use. But those changes can’t be pinned on the Biden administration’s actions, experts said. 

The Biden administration did temporarily freeze a directive related to one federal program, but that would not have affected current insulin prices, because the policy had not yet taken effect.

We rate these Facebook posts False.
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:46 am

HobbitFeet wrote:

Ummm

Our ruling

A Facebook post claimed insulin prices rose "with the swipe of (Joe Biden’s) pen."

Individuals who take insulin could have seen prices fluctuate for several reasons related to their insurance coverage and the specific medication they use. But those changes can’t be pinned on the Biden administration’s actions, experts said. 

The Biden administration did temporarily freeze a directive related to one federal program, but that would not have affected current insulin prices, because the policy had not yet taken effect.

That's why I said, it's always misinformation when it doesn't suit. There was so much info about it when I google it. The question is, what or whom do you believe? The left media says one thing, the right says another. Also, who are those fact checkers? Employees of FB? A left wing SM platform :dunno:

You are right, it hasn't taken effect, but why did Biden freeze it? Why didn't he go ahead with it? Why is insulin just about unaffordable?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:49 am

HobbitFeet wrote:

Ummm

Our ruling

How dare you pick on poor Holly by telling her she is completely wrong.

Remember what the great philospher of MAGA movement said

Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:52 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

Ummm

Our ruling

How dare you pick on poor Holly by telling her she is completely wrong.

Remember what the great philospher of MAGA movement said

Cut it out, will you? If you can't debate like an adult, say nothing. You behave like an obnoxious child.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:25 pm

Deleted by Admin. I'm sick of your insults. I will continue to delete your posts if they are in anyway insulting.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:06 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Deleted by Admin. I'm sick of your insults. I will continue to delete your posts if they are in anyway insulting.

I asked if you were going to apologise for deliberately lying.
A question is not a lie.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:10 pm

Elon is going from strength to strength.

Having sent an email to all his employees saying if you don't click this link agreeing to work more for less reward you'll be fired with three months salary 75% of his employees (and that's 75% of the half he had left after firing the other half of his employees at random) didn't click the link.

If my maths is any good that means Twitter is now running with just 12.5% of the employees it when he took over less than one month ago
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Elon is going from strength to strength.

Having sent an email to all his employees saying if you don't click this link agreeing to work more for less reward you'll be fired with three months salary 75% of his employees (and that's 75% of the half he had left after firing the other half of his employees at random) didn't click the link.

If my maths is any good that means Twitter is now running with just 12.5% of the employees it when he took over less than one month ago

Apparently he fired the guy who was in charge of the door entry systems...

Why is the billionare Trump and Putin supporting republican and engineering 'genius' concentrating so much of his precious time and money on destroying a social media platform?

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:56 pm

Formatting threads is a bit fucked and I'm getting error messages every time that I post.

I thought that we had wanky servers :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Jason » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:15 am

A lot of people seem to be migrating to Mastodon but then I've been seeing a lot of people who also find the way it's run a bit confusing as well. If someone could come up with a simple Twitter-esque replacement then it could seriously catch on I think.
Jason

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:52 pm

Jason wrote:A lot of people seem to be migrating to Mastodon but then I've been seeing a lot of people who also find the way it's run a bit confusing as well. If someone could come up with a simple Twitter-esque replacement then it could seriously catch on I think.

With all of their former employees available and about four times what Twitter was actually worth to invest I'm sure the former owners of Twitter will be on that.

But it is interesting that this is the first time a social media app has been killed off quickly rather than being replaced by the next big thing very gradually.

User numbers were already falling at Twitter, and Facebook too. Both the platforms has faced the need for some overhauls but unlike when the likes of Friendster, Myspace, and Second Life bit the dust there is no obvious successor to either. Young people like TikTok, WhatsApp is there for tightly knit groups, Linkedin seems to have pivotted into being a recruitment and headhunting space, Youtube is still out there for video content creators - alongside Nebula - and I understand Instagram, or is it Snapchat?, is the place where celebrities like to post to keep their fans updated.

I wonder if Facebook will manage to capitalise on Twitter's woes by becoming the one size fits all social media platform again. It's still got the most users and was making three times more ARPU than Twitter even before Elon came in and set fire to Twitter.
Cactus Jack

PreviousNext

Return to World News