Putin

Re: Putin

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:42 pm

Remember the Dambusters film and how much went into blowing up the dams? The area has been under vatnik control for a year now, plenty of time to bore into and set explosive mines, Ironically Russia signed this into law a week ago:

"До 1 января 2028 г. не проводится техническое расследование аварий, произошедших вследствие военных действий, диверсий и терактов."

Trans: Up to 01.01.2028 catastrophic situations are not investigated, if they happened due to war actions, sabotages and terrorism.

https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/406865902/

Lol, ironically :laughing:

Russia is saying it was sabotage but the numbers are off. It's one thing for flagship battleships to be sunk in harbour (by probably not Ukrainians :wink: )and another to transport the hundreds of tonnes of ordinance that would be needed to cause this actual war crime.

Putin is treading the well worn Russian path of chucking the kids into the meat grinder and salting the earth, he's also drowned a lot of his own people and equipment and starved Crimea of it's only source of fresh water. The environmental damage will stay for long after the dam is repaired and the war is over, Putin seems intent on making the breadbin of Russia into a skeletal cage.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:11 am

What will victory in the Ukraine war look like?

What if Russia wins? What will that mean for the rest of the world?
What if the Ukraine wins? What would that mean for Russia and the rest of the world?
Nobody seems to talk about what any of those two outcomes would accomplish.

What could be done to stop this war before the Ukraine is in total ruins, and thousands and thousands more people lose their lives, and as many made homeless and poverty-stricken?

It breaks my heart every time I see those poor Ukrainians on the news, how they live in squalor, not knowing where the next meal will come from, not knowing if they will be alive tomorrow, or see mothers with their children being blown to pieces.

Unless Putin withdraws or gets taken out, this war will continue, and could even end up in a major world disaster if Putin gets pushed into a desperate position.

IMHO, the best outcome would be negotiation. To give Putin the 2 territories he wants, and for the Ukraine to sign a contract that they would not join NATO.

I know, it's not just, but what's the alternative? There's more at stake than just the Ukraine, this could end in a catastrophic world war.

Anyway, that's my opinion, what does everyone else here think should be done?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:13 pm

Holly wrote:What will victory in the Ukraine war look like?

What if Russia wins? What will that mean for the rest of the world?
What if the Ukraine wins? What would that mean for Russia and the rest of the world?

If Ukraine wins then everything stays the same. If Russia wins then there is no more Ukraine as well as the distinct probability of escalation when Russia attempts to invade NATO states. Doing nothing will allow this to happen.

What could be done to stop this war before the Ukraine is in total ruins, and thousands and thousands more people lose their lives, and as many made homeless and poverty-stricken?

It breaks my heart every time I see those poor Ukrainians on the news, how they live in squalor, not knowing where the next meal will come from, not knowing if they will be alive tomorrow, or see mothers with their children being blown to pieces.

I don't want to sound churlish but putting 'the' before the name of the country is something normalised by Russia, it just makes me itch. The trick is to get Russia out of an invaded country, nothing less.

Unless Putin withdraws or gets taken out, this war will continue, and could even end up in a major world disaster if Putin gets pushed into a desperate position.

There's several possibilities including the increasingly fractious relationship between him and his warlords including the head of the mercenary Wagner group, if this escalates it will split Russia into three territories.

IMHO, the best outcome would be negotiation. To give Putin the 2 territories he wants, and for the Ukraine to sign a contract that they would not join NATO.

I know, it's not just, but what's the alternative? There's more at stake than just the Ukraine, this could end in a catastrophic world war.

Anyway, that's my opinion, what does everyone else here think should be done?

How much of NZ are you willing to concede to China, which islands? Russia has proved to be a threat to sovereign nations for decades now and can't be trusted by anyone, why wouldn't a country want some backup from the child raping vatniks? How many children raped by invading Chinese soldiers would it take for you to get a gun and shoot back?

What we should do is back Ukraine.

Slava Ukraine.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:07 pm

I guess this belongs here

When you start a disinformation war be ready for someone to hit back.
Cactus Jack

Postby ArchieG » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:15 pm

Well above your batting average, Stooo, Putin has muscled in on Wagner. Remains to be seen if that has wider ramifications.
ArchieG

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:34 pm

ArchieG wrote:Well above your batting average, Stooo, Putin has muscled in on Wagner. Remains to be seen if that has wider ramifications.

Moving nuclear weapons into friendly territories hasn't had the intended effect and a back door has opened.

ST. PETERSBURG, June 17. /TASS/. The objective of Ukraine’s demilitarization has actually been mostly achieved, as Kiev is using fewer and fewer of its own weapons, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in an interview with RT Arabic.

https://tass.com/politics/1634505

:dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby ArchieG » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:50 am

Stooo wrote:
ArchieG wrote:Well above your batting average, Stooo, Putin has muscled in on Wagner. Remains to be seen if that has wider ramifications.

Moving nuclear weapons into friendly territories hasn't had the intended effect and a back door has opened.

ST. PETERSBURG, June 17. /TASS/. The objective of Ukraine’s demilitarization has actually been mostly achieved, as Kiev is using fewer and fewer of its own weapons, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in an interview with RT Arabic.

https://tass.com/politics/1634505

:dunno:

I see. They’ve got no crappy old T72s left so they’re demilitarised, right? Lets not mention Challengers and Leopards then, and go with the narrative. They might have had enough. Which would be great news.
ArchieG

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:50 pm

ArchieG wrote:I see. They’ve got no crappy old T72s left so they’re demilitarised, right? Lets not mention Challengers and Leopards then, and go with the narrative. They might have had enough. Which would be great news.

Bushmasters in action in this link NSFW

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/ ... n_russian/
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:30 am

Well, this sounds a bit scary IMO.
I don't know why everyone here seems to dismiss the idea that Putin would use some type of nuclear weapons if cornered.

“War is returning to the territory of Russia,” Volodymyr Zelenskiy warned after the drones were downed over Moscow. The Ukrainian president said that was “an inevitable, natural and absolutely fair process” and that Russia’s symbolic centres and military bases would be targeted.
Former Russian president Dmitry Medvedev said Moscow would be “forced” to use a nuclear weapon if Kyiv’s counteroffensive was a success and its forces “tore off a part of our land”. Medvedev, the deputy chair of Russia’s security council, said that in that situation “there would simply be no other option”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... e-invasion
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:58 pm

Holly wrote:Well, this sounds a bit scary IMO.
I don't know why everyone here seems to dismiss the idea that Putin would use some type of nuclear weapons if cornered.

“War is returning to the territory of Russia,” Volodymyr Zelenskiy warned after the drones were downed over Moscow. The Ukrainian president said that was “an inevitable, natural and absolutely fair process” and that Russia’s symbolic centres and military bases would be targeted.
Former Russian president Dmitry Medvedev said Moscow would be “forced” to use a nuclear weapon if Kyiv’s counteroffensive was a success and its forces “tore off a part of our land”. Medvedev, the deputy chair of Russia’s security council, said that in that situation “there would simply be no other option”.

I don't dismiss it.

I think it very unlikely that he would survive giving the order for long enough to see it carried out, and I think as soon as he was dead it would not be carried out.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:11 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

I don't dismiss it.

I think it very unlikely that he would survive giving the order for long enough to see it carried out, and I think as soon as he was dead it would not be carried out.

Are you quite sure? You don't think there's a general just waiting to take over from Putin and carry on?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:48 am

Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I don't dismiss it.

Are you quite sure? You don't think there's a general just waiting to take over from Putin and carry on?

Not with the same mental health problems and obsessions as him.

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:48 pm

An interesting insight into Putins wacky world.

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Previous

Return to World News