Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Re: Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:26 pm

Twitter was a bad place.

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Jason » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:28 pm

Elon confirms that if Twitter is removed from the respective app stores and there is "no other choice" then he will create a new smartphone.

Yeah, good luck with that .. :hand:
Jason

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:59 pm

Jason wrote:Elon confirms that if Twitter is removed from the respective app stores and there is "no other choice" then he will create a new smartphone.

Because Window phone and the Amazon Fire project worked so well :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Jason » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:00 am

Stooo wrote:
Jason wrote:Elon confirms that if Twitter is removed from the respective app stores and there is "no other choice" then he will create a new smartphone.

If memory serves, I’m sure there were even a few phones with a Firefox OS on them which sold about as well as you’d imagine.
Jason

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:02 pm

Jason wrote:
Stooo wrote:

If memory serves, I’m sure there were even a few phones with a Firefox OS on them which sold about as well as you’d imagine.

You can flash pretty much any O/S onto a modern Android phone but without the App Store or GApps it's just arsing around because you can. When CyanogenMod was dropped by One+ I tried a few Android forks before restoring it to CM and using it until the battery died (One+1), CM was a decent O/S that was destroyed by overenthusiastic nerd-rage.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
Jason wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You can flash pretty much any O/S onto a modern Android phone but without the App Store or GApps it's just arsing around because you can. When CyanogenMod was dropped by One+ I tried a few Android forks before restoring it to CM and using it until the battery died (One+1), CM was a decent O/S that was destroyed by overenthusiastic nerd-rage.

I'm trying to look through the legalities - and it's not easy - but so far I think an android O/S variant could be used my everyone as long as it's attributed to Google. There doesn't seem to be any fee connected.

So in theory Elon could introduce his own Smartphones with his own version of Android - at a huge cost for very little return. I think the technical term is throwing good money after bad.

It does bring up the question of copyright law again - which comes up a lot when dealing with platforms where users can post.

As time has gone on and I'm assuming because you've learned more you've become quite a stickler for ensuring that quotes are enclosed in quote boxes and any content posted from elsewhere is properly attributed because of the legal minefield you walk in where intellectual property rights are involved.

If staying on top of that for a few hundred useres gives you a headache imagine Elon's problems when multiplying that by at least a million.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I'm trying to look through the legalities - and it's not easy - but so far I think an android O/S variant could be used my everyone as long as it's attributed to Google. There doesn't seem to be any fee connected.

So in theory Elon could introduce his own Smartphones with his own version of Android - at a huge cost for very little return. I think the technical term is throwing good money after bad.

It does bring up the question of copyright law again - which comes up a lot when dealing with platforms where users can post.

As time has gone on and I'm assuming because you've learned more you've become quite a stickler for ensuring that quotes are enclosed in quote boxes and any content posted from elsewhere is properly attributed because of the legal minefield you walk in where intellectual property rights are involved.

If staying on top of that for a few hundred useres gives you a headache imagine Elon's problems when multiplying that by at least a million.

Android is open source which means that you can do anything with it however getting banned from GApps would probably void any implementation of it if he ran his own software alongside Alphabet let alone the cost involved in getting the big names to launch their apps there and hardware, R&D etc :woteva:

Taking the humans out of the equation and relying on bots to fill the holes is a backward step.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:36 am

Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:
ArchieG wrote:So, Twitter heading for a sudden unplanned disassembly. Or is it unplanned? I won’t be sorry to see it go. It’sca load of shite.

I really don't think it's going anywhere, and I'm not being sarcastic here. I just don't believe anything anymore. Lets not forget that Musk is part of the elite, a mega billionaire. Something weird is going on which I can't explain. Same with Trump, he's also a part of that group.
Remember when he said he will clear the swamp? Well he did nothing. Remember when he said he will see Hillary behind bars, or at least investigate her ? He did nothing, he actually invited her to one of his big official dinner and blew a kiss at her. He never went after her. He could also have regulated social media, get rid of censorship, he did nothing.
We are being fooled here people. So don't ever call me a Trumpist again, if you must call me anything, call me a cynic. I don't trust any of them. I don't think for a minute that Musk is trustworthy.

Well done for posting this, the elite were never hidden they were hiding behind the shadows that they used to scare ordinary people with terms such as 'globalists (Jewish people)' 'wokeism (whatever the fuck that is)' and the rest of the culture war bullshit that pits neighbours and even families against each other while they pick the public pocket and blame an easy target.

I'm starting to think that Trump and Elon are "controlled opposition"...like I said, they are all part of the "Club Elite"

Controlled opposition

A controlled opposition is a protest movement that is actually being led by government agents. Nearly all governments in history have employed this technique to trick and subdue their adversaries. Notably Vladimir Lenin who said ''"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves."
Count Mirabeau was part of the controlled opposition, because although everyone thought he was supporting the revolution, in reality he supported the monarchy and was a personal friend of the king. He was a government agent.
by Aliases January 26, 2013

Controlled Opposition: a strategy in which an individual, organization, or movement is covertly controlled or influenced by a 3rd party and the controlled entity’s true purpose is something other than its publicly stated purpose. The controlled entity serves a role of mass deception, surveillance and/or political/social manipulation. In most cases the controlled party is portrayed as being in opposition to the interests of the controlling party.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... opposition

Food for thoughts? What do you think?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:24 pm

I think it's another CT used to expain away plain incompetence.

Never attribute to great intelligence what is better explained by massive stupidity.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I think it's another CT used to expain away plain incompetence.

Never attribute to great intelligence what is better explained by massive stupidity.

It's just the obvious outcome, scales are falling from regular people's eyes. These bastards can only take the piss for so long.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:02 pm

Saw this and loved it.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:16 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Image

Saw this and loved it.

Yeah it's satisfying to say I told you so but it's also a bit rubbish. It's like if you had a really cute pug doggie who just shit on the carpet, the poor fucking thing can hardly breath because of inbreeding and you're going to suffocate it in it's own shit?

We'll both be long dead before the country is back to where it was before.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Image

Saw this and loved it.

Elon Musk is now demanding the government make advertisers use his platform because that's what free speech looks like.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:10 am

Having categorically assured everyone that Apple were trying to remove Twitter from their App Store for a week Elon is now categorically assuring everyone on that Apple wee never even considering removing Twitter from their App Store.

As both statement will have an effect on Apple's profits Apple should sue twice.

Postby Holly » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:00 am

Elon Musk ‘resolves’ Apple row over ‘removal of Twitter from iPhone store’
After chat with Tim Cook the tycoon admits misunderstanding and Apple had ‘never considered removing platform’

Elon Musk..."Good conversation. Among other things, we resolved the misunderstanding about Twitter potentially being removed from the App Store. Tim was clear that Apple never considered doing so.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... hone-store
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to World News