Hugh Grant vs the scum newspaper

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Hugh Grant vs the scum newspaper

Postby Stooo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:46 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Iteats wrote:we can hope that will cost Murdoch more in the long run.

And there we have it - 'The Scum', Murdoch, and 'rich people' . Rinse and repeat

I feel like I've read a million posts like this on this forum - it's always the same - chronic underachievers complaining about other people's wealth.

Perhaps newspapers should never have been allowed? Perhaps people shouldn't be allowed to be successful in life and become rich?

Some of you would be better off wearing sackcloth and working the paddy fields in North Korea.

Become as rich as you like but don't influence world politics because of your wealth and urge for power. Spend that money on eradicating Polio or Malaria or some sort of shit like that rather than floating around in private rockets.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby guest » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 am

Iteats wrote:Do you have anything useful to say about the actual story?

I may be wrong but I think what Red Okktober was trying to say was that if you didn't use insulting uncouth language (the c word - many find this word disgusting and threatening) and referred to the newspaper by its proper name - many won't understand what newspaper you would be referring to by the pejorative scum - then you might get a larger audience and an audience focussed on the issue you were wanting to highlight.

Postby Iteats » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 pm

guest wrote:
Iteats wrote:Do you have anything useful to say about the actual story?

I may be wrong but I think what Red Okktober was trying to say was that if you didn't use insulting uncouth language (the c word - many find this word disgusting and threatening) and referred to the newspaper by its proper name - many won't understand what newspaper you would be referring to by the pejorative scum - then you might get a larger audience and an audience focussed on the issue you were wanting to highlight.

I think you are wrong, it has a history of popping in and making comments to get a reaction rather than engaging in a useful manner.
Iteats

Postby guest » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 pm

On the issue in question - it is always instructive to find out what goes on behind the scenes. Journalist integrity doesn't seem to exist and their behaviours are often criminal and often worse than one might imagine. It is not just the Sun. Thanks for the links. The legal system is far too expensive and too many seem to be in it for the money and the prestige rather than for "justice".

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 pm

Its not just the Sun, but they behaved disgustingly after Hillsborough. I can see why they earned the nickname.
Junglejayne

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:30 am

Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

And there we have it - 'The Scum', Murdoch, and 'rich people' . Rinse and repeat

I feel like I've read a million posts like this on this forum - it's always the same - chronic underachievers complaining about other people's wealth.

Perhaps newspapers should never have been allowed? Perhaps people shouldn't be allowed to be successful in life and become rich?

Some of you would be better off wearing sackcloth and working the paddy fields in North Korea.

Become as rich as you like but don't influence world politics because of your wealth and urge for power. Spend that money on eradicating Polio or Malaria or some sort of shit like that rather than floating around in private rockets.

Like Bill Gates? :ooer:

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:21 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

He's eradicated Polio and Malaria is next on the list, he delivers. Bezos and Branson go to play in space while Musk is literally losing his mind and destroying Tesla and Twitter in his ket-filled universe and don't get me started on the 'billionaire' Trump and his massive contributions to humanity :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:32 pm

Junglejayne wrote:Its not just the Sun, but they behaved disgustingly after Hillsborough. I can see why they earned the nickname.

Do you feel the same about Germans?
How many years before you let it go. Who gives a fuck about some scousers anyway?

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

He's eradicated Polio and Malaria is next on the list, he delivers. Bezos and Branson go to play in space while Musk is literally losing his mind and destroying Tesla and Twitter in his ket-filled universe and don't get me started on the 'billionaire' Trump and his massive contributions to humanity :again?:

What about the other 2,777 Billionaires in the world. Or do you only know about these four?
Not to mention all those who we don't even know about like the Saudi's

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:13 pm

Guest wrote:What about the other 2,777 Billionaires in the world. Or do you only know about these four?
Not to mention all those who we don't even know about like the Saudi's

Name them, wait, we don't know about them...

Fucking idiot.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:49 am

Guest wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:Its not just the Sun, but they behaved disgustingly after Hillsborough. I can see why they earned the nickname.

Do you feel the same about Germans?
How many years before you let it go. Who gives a fuck about some scousers anyway?

Keep trying, fool :whistle:
Junglejayne

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:32 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

I don't know where you get this stuff but Bill Gates hasn't eradicated anything and polio has not been eradicated... it's still alive and well in Pakistan Afghanistan and parts of Africa... all just a flight away.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:51 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
I don't know where you get this stuff but Bill Gates hasn't eradicated anything and polio has not been eradicated... it's still alive and well in Pakistan Afghanistan and parts of Africa... all just a flight away.

Some American States have stopped vaccination, would you welcome it back? Would you welcome the iron lungs?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:33 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Some American States have stopped vaccination, would you welcome it back? Would you welcome the iron lungs?

Stooo try and turn your weirdness down now and then.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:43 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Stooo try and turn your weirdness down now and then.

So why do some States in America want to end mandatory vaccines? I'll ask you again: Would you welcome back the iron lung and disability for those that survive Polio because you support the freedom to spread it?
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms