TV chat, what are you watching? #6

A right load of bollocks...

Re: TV chat, what are you watching? #6

Postby Iteats » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:19 pm

guest wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:Scoop - what a pile of shite!

Anderson sounds more like Thatcher than Maitliss.

Billie Piper is very annoying in her role, plus her ugly looks get in the way - her lank, greasy crinkly hair, huge mouth, and what looked like a prosthetic nose, but was actually her real one, are very distracting.

Worst of all, the actor playing Andrew (Sewell) was the least convincing character portrayal I might have ever seen.

Absolute garbage. If I were reviewing it on IMDB, I's struggle to give it 1/10

What a pathetic and nasty hateful little man you are.
Where will you go to spead your hate when this place closes? :pmsl:

It's a good thing to read a well balanced review of a tv show.
That post isn't it and he'll just go back under his bridge yelling at the pigeons.
Iteats

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:43 pm

Stooo wrote:
Iteats wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Iteats wrote:I watched it last night, quite enjoyable with the music and seeing all the 'old' cars and clothes :canny:

That yellow Viva :ooer: I used to have a beast of a 2.3 Firenza :thud:

I trust you didn't have to bump start it so much :canny:

You literally couldn't.

I knew my way around a spanner and had mates who were even better. It ended up having twin 55mm Dellorto carbs, a custom single camshaft and cylinder head made by the DTV head mechanic Jerry Johnson as well as the curly exhaust. I transplanted it into a stage rally prepared Mk2 Opel Manta and went for some gentle drives in the woods along with like-minded hooligans :smilin:

You couldn’t bump start it because skimming the head gave it an 11:1 compression ratio (and 200 BHP) that needed a Daimler V12 starter motor to turn the engine and two batteries to get that working :ooer: That said, the only part of the wiring loom that was original was for the regular lights, everything else was custom-made and pretty bulletproof :shoot:

Wheb I was a teenager a big girl who lived directly opposite had a brand new Firenze, she used to take me for a ride in it often. :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:16 pm

Life on our planet, narrated by Morgan Freeman, Netflix.

Now Glass, a Netflix movie.

Postby Junglejayne » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:11 pm

Putin vs the West Series:At War. Second series.

The Vanishing of Flight MH370... 10 Year On (Channel 5) Can't believe its been that long.
Junglejayne

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:33 pm

Junglejayne wrote:Putin vs the West Series:At War. Second series.

The Vanishing of Flight MH370... 10 Year On (Channel 5) Can't believe its been that long.

I can’t stand seeing Putin’s face, he’s got so much Russian and Ukrainian blood on his hands, and as to his overtly corrupt, supposed, democratic election, he had any and all real opposition barred from running.
He’s the devil incarnate and I hope he personally reaps what’s he’s sown.
Karma please!

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:56 pm

Parasite: The Grey on Netflix.

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... JB6aQ,st:0

Rotten Tomatoes gave it 100%, hence I’m watching . :thumbsup:

Postby Text » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:44 pm

Briget Jones mk 4 will soon be out on DVD I guess.
'Darcy' is dead, it's not the same! Will they still be doing sequels when RZ is using a zimmer? Knock it on the head. Fox sake.
Text

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:38 pm

Text wrote:Briget Jones mk 4 will soon be out on DVD I guess.
'Darcy' is dead, it's not the same! Will they still be doing sequels when RZ is using a zimmer? Knock it on the head. Fox sake.

No! There’s so much mileage in a full life diary and all those annoyances brought on by old age.
Brigitte has yet got to get a perm, a blue rinse, and attend the bingo hall, plus using a walking cane to get around after a hip replacement op.
Visits to the opticians, a full set of dentures in a glass next to her bed as she pens her diary by the light of a bedside light.
Getting a scam call that leads her to lose £Thousands, which a police investigation leads to her appearing in court as a witness, and being reimbursed in full, plus a victim’s surcharge.
And what about a Shirley - Valentine trip abroad, where she meets and falls in love with a toyboy lover? It’s all the rage these days, apparently.
Don’t think Brigiite is going into a retirement home soon, she’s a character that brings plenty of humour and I can’t see her being cancelled for sometime yet.
That’s if the writers get creative and don’t kill her off, which would be very mean.

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:42 pm

Guest wrote:Parasite: The Grey on Netflix.

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... JB6aQ,st:0

Rotten Tomatoes gave it 100%, hence I’m watching . :thumbsup:

Koreans do make exceptional films and series, and this series was excellent.
It’s a very tongue in cheek, comedy horror imo, with fantastic special effects, and reminded me of Stranger Things.

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:46 pm

The Flying Scotsman on BBC4, who knew that the fireman on a steam train had such a technical job? :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:14 pm

Guest wrote:

No! There’s so much mileage in a full life diary and all those annoyances brought on by old age.
Brigitte has yet got to get a perm, a blue rinse, and attend the bingo hall, plus using a walking cane to get around after a hip replacement op.
Visits to the opticians, a full set of dentures in a glass next to her bed as she pens her diary by the light of a bedside light.
Getting a scam call that leads her to lose £Thousands, which a police investigation leads to her appearing in court as a witness, and being reimbursed in full, plus a victim’s surcharge.
And what about a Shirley - Valentine trip abroad, where she meets and falls in love with a toyboy lover? It’s all the rage these days, apparently.
Don’t think Brigiite is going into a retirement home soon, she’s a character that brings plenty of humour and I can’t see her being cancelled for sometime yet.
That’s if the writers get creative and don’t kill her off, which would be very mean.

Well if you put it like that !!! :yikes:
You're on to something there. What a wonderfully clever guest! :Wiiiine!:

Helen Fielding can even work in some topical themes like surrogacy, gender change, maybe even long covid? The possibilities are endless i guess.
Text

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:23 pm

Now i'm stuck with the 1974 Proms and a decent Grieg recital thanks to Sir Neville fucking Mariner :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:43 pm

Text wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well if you put it like that !!! :yikes:
You're on to something there. What a wonderfully clever guest! :Wiiiine!:

Helen Fielding can even work in some topical themes like surrogacy, gender change, maybe even long covid? The possibilities are endless i guess.

Exactly! Brigitte had mileage!
The menopause, surgical stockings, stents, taking nitroglycerin, and beta blockers.
Plus, not recognising her kin, talking gibberish, not knowing what happened yesterday, but describing in glorious detail her time with Mr Darcy and Hugh Grant.
Brigitte cannot be allowed to close her drawers just yet.
There are so many blank pages to be filled. :wubwub:

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 pm

Stooo wrote:The Flying Scotsman on BBC4, who knew that the fireman on a steam train had such a technical job? :dunno:

I do like Portillo’s railway journeys, no matter the continent.
Lucky bastard!
So much history. Great scenery and amazing stories about construction.

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:52 pm

Blue Lights is back tonight :hap:
Junglejayne

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms