I Quit Labour After 24 Years.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: I Quit Labour After 24 Years.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:34 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:The Tories are dust but the Labour party are led by a very dishonest man who can't remember his own lies... or simply doesn't care.
He's looking at a Labour government with maybe five hundred seats and a Tory opposition with twenty.
That's a scary amount of power in the wrong hands.

What a havering shitebag Owen jones is.
I’m personally wanting to see a Labour landslide at next GE, and I think we will get that.
Sunak and Co seems oblivious to the pain and suffering they’re causing to the poorest in society and they need to be removed asap.
It’s time for a caring government, one that actually gives a shit about its people.

That's a nice ideal but don't think much will change for working or middle class people under Labour. I can't see where they have the economic headroom to make any meaningful changes in the next few years, even if they want to do so.

In addition, Starmer / Rayner don't have the popular appeal and support which was around during the Blair / Brown years to get them through the hard political times.

We may get a bit of change on the culture war stuff, which remains insufferable, but most people are more concerned with the cost of living and public services and I don't see where significant improvement will come from.

A lot can change by simply making good decisions rather than ideologically driven ones.

The issue the Tories put at the top of the agenda, small boat crossings, can easily be reduced by simply paying the money being spent on legal fees, payments to Rwanda, accommodation costs to hotels and so on to civil servants who can process the asylum claims. This will not only help with labour shortage in the hospitality, health and social care and construction industry by enabling young people willing to work to enter the jobs market it will also cut the legs from under people traffickers by providing safe, legal routes for migrants to enter the UK.

Re: I Quit Labour After 24 Years.

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:56 am

Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:The Tories are dust but the Labour party are led by a very dishonest man who can't remember his own lies... or simply doesn't care.
He's looking at a Labour government with maybe five hundred seats and a Tory opposition with twenty.
That's a scary amount of power in the wrong hands.

What a havering shitebag Owen jones is.
I’m personally wanting to see a Labour landslide at next GE, and I think we will get that.
Sunak and Co seems oblivious to the pain and suffering they’re causing to the poorest in society and they need to be removed asap.
It’s time for a caring government, one that actually gives a shit about its people.

That's a nice ideal but don't think much will change for working or middle class people under Labour. I can't see where they have the economic headroom to make any meaningful changes in the next few years, even if they want to do so.

In addition, Starmer / Rayner don't have the popular appeal and support which was around during the Blair / Brown years to get them through the hard political times.

We may get a bit of change on the culture war stuff, which remains insufferable, but most people are more concerned with the cost of living and public services and I don't see where significant improvement will come from.

A lot can change by simply making good decisions rather than ideologically driven ones.

The issue the Tories put at the top of the agenda, small boat crossings, can easily be reduced by simply paying the money being spent on legal fees, payments to Rwanda, accommodation costs to hotels and so on to civil servants who can process the asylum claims. This will not only help with labour shortage in the hospitality, health and social care and construction industry by enabling young people willing to work to enter the jobs market it will also cut the legs from under people traffickers by providing safe, legal routes for migrants to enter the UK.

More money for this, more money for that, where do you suppose all this money is going to come from?
This country is skint!
The NHS is buckling under the pressure and yet you’d add more patients.
I would love to know where the money tree is.
Delapidated schools, armed forces and police numbers too low.
I don’t understand how you think simply adding more people will fix this.
I agree with you re the people traffickers, they need to be stopped from carrying on with their vile trade in misery.
It’s the only way to stop the small boats and make people try to come here by the legal route.
Until then we have no idea who we are allowing in, and many are rapists, murderers, thieves and so on, and they know that their best shot is arriving by small boats claiming they’re fleeing persecution,
It’s got to stop.

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms