DS & AV Forum Thread #127

A right load of bollocks...

Re: DS & AV Forum Thread #127

Postby Weavie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:16 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Weavie wrote:

Ok, you won’t post on AVF so I’ll come to you.

It’s also not antisemitic to point out the actions of someone rationally. Labelling everyone you don’t like “antisemitic” really does dilute actual antisemitism you know.

I don't debate what is and isn't anti semitism with nasty little Je..... Israel haters like you. Especially when it comes to the CAA :popcorn:

If you think actual anti semitism has been diluted by anything I've said then :popcorn:

Typical weavie, casually checking this forum first thing on a Saturday morning for mention of himself whilst mocking us for not posting on AVF. Then ignores entirely the actual post he's replying to - why he couldn't post the Mets retraction

The whole point of course being that if the incident involved any other ethnic group then his reaction to the Mets actions would be very very different

That’s a whole lot of words to not actually respond to what I posted, Bravo. Why do you think I would have a different reaction if it was anyone else? I’m sure you’ve seen my post on AVF this morning, where I gave another example of a completely different group of people, where I’ve pointed out that I believe the Police Officer would do the exact same thing.

As for “person reads forum and replies to post”, that’s not really the great point you think is it.
Weavie

Postby Weavie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:19 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:The fact that he still can't acknowledge the Mets retraction is telling. As is his counter example given on AVF of "if this involved football fans"

The whole point of course being that if the incident involved any other ethnic group then his reaction to the Mets actions would be very very different. Hence why it's so telling that he has to swap out Jews for football fans (angry after losing a cup final and in greater numbers than an individual Jew) to justify the actions of the police
instead of using the example of any other minority.

Again, sheer brilliance on his part to come here to defend the police and argue he's not an anti Semite only to bring more attention to his own (unconscious?) bias against all things Israel.

Funny how a member of a forum with a multi page thread criticising the Met can be so quick to defend them when it involves "openly Jewish" people and even after the Met themselves agree a contentious statement was wrong and retract it

Not in Weavie World though, it's the campaign against anti semitism that must be wrong!

: popcorn:

Oh, so you have looked on AVF on a Saturday morning to find something to twist and be horrified about. Apparently it’s a problem when I do it?

I get that you don’t understand comparative situations, but to constantly just throw out labels at me because you disagree with what I posted, yet refuse to actually show how what I’ve posted is antisemitic, is just pathetic. It’s no better than people, who I’m guessing you would label “woke”, calling everyone they disagree with “racist”, but I’m sure you’d be the first to criticise them for that.
Weavie

Postby Weavie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:31 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:The fact that he still can't acknowledge the Mets retraction is telling. As is his counter example given on AVF of "if this involved football fans"

The whole point of course being that if the incident involved any other ethnic group then his reaction to the Mets actions would be very very different. Hence why it's so telling that he has to swap out Jews for football fans (angry after losing a cup final and in greater numbers than an individual Jew) to justify the actions of the police
instead of using the example of any other minority.

Again, sheer brilliance on his part to come here to defend the police and argue he's not an anti Semite only to bring more attention to his own (unconscious?) bias against all things Israel.

Funny how a member of a forum with a multi page thread criticising the Met can be so quick to defend them when it involves "openly Jewish" people and even after the Met themselves agree a contentious statement was wrong and retract it

Not in Weavie World though, it's the campaign against anti semitism that must be wrong!

: popcorn:

Also, who are you actually replying/posting to? You appear to have a conversation going on in your own head, which is a little odd.
Weavie

Postby Weavie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:41 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:Again, sheer brilliance on his part to come here to defend the police and argue he's not an anti Semite only to bring more attention to his own (unconscious?) bias against all things Israel.

Just to pick up on this point. With regards to your ongoing disgusting accusations of my being an anti-Semite/jew hater/israel hater, are you saying that the actions of that one single individual Jewish man in the video, whose actions I was discussing without any labelling, represents the entire Jewish community, entire Israeli population and the entirely of the CAA? If you are, that reads more like an antisemitic trope than anything you’ve levelled towards me, unless I’m mistaken.
Weavie

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:33 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:
By the way I've been thinking where we can continue to post once this place closes. I'm not sure the format of Reddit lends itself to a mega thread but I do have some contenders in mind if Truthseeker and Itseats would care to follow?

a rejects Bukkake party in Sam's basement? is it invite only? :drool:

Postby guest » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:47 am

Weavie wrote:Ok, you won’t post on AVF so I’ll come to you. What do YOU think the policeman should have done in that situation? He had two options as far as I can see, he either lets the the guy walk through the middle of the march in a blatant attempt to goad a response ....

You thought that? That a person who looks Jewish and wears a skull cap wanting to cross the road to get home after he has been to his place of worship is a "blatant attempt to goad a response" from the pro Pal marchers? Your thinking is impressive and a give away.

I suppose when you see a group of people beating up a Jew in your mind it was a blatant provocation by the Jew for looking like a Jew. Would like to know your view on history - all that blatant provocation down the years. Hope you yourself haven't been blatantly provoked by having one of them cross your own path.

Postby IamtheWalrus » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:04 am

Weavie wrote:
Just to pick up on this point. With regards to your ongoing disgusting accusations of my being an anti-Semite/jew hater/israel hater, are you saying that the actions of that one single individual Jewish man in the video, whose actions I was discussing without any labelling, represents the entire Jewish community, entire Israeli population and the entirely of the CAA? If you are, that reads more like an antisemitic trope than anything you’ve levelled towards me, unless I’m mistaken.

entirely of the CAA?

You're embarassing yourself on multiple levels here.

The biggest of which being that the Jewish person in question is the CEO of the CAA - a charity which in their last set of accounts had only seven employees (and 1700 volunteers) - so yes, it's safe to assume that he has significant influence on the CAA

Secondly, you still can't acknowledge the Mets retraction and apology (which is the only reason I even commented on your post)

Thirdly, as explained to you - a bunch of angry football fans (a sport with an historical and still recent problem with hooliganism) after a cup final defeat is not remotely comparable to a Jew attempting to make his way home after a Synagogue visit. Swap out football fans/Jews for any other minority - again funny how you still can't do that

Fourthly, by pointing out I posted twice in a row (because this forum has an edit time limit for registered members) only to then post 3 x in a row (LOL)

With regards to your ongoing disgusting accusations of my being an anti-Semite/jew hater/israel hater,

Can you explain why at 1116pm you posted the 506pm tweet from CAA calling for the Met to retract their statement? Your post says the police should have let him walk through the march (despite the heavy pro Palestine presence) and you denied the statement was victim blaming.

Yet just a few hours after that 506pm the Met did indeed retract and apologise for that statement.

So you're effectively justifying a statement that the Met themselves later apologised for - why?

Why do you have to use "football fans" instead of any other ethnic minority group in your example?

Do you think an Arsenal fan being told "you're openly an Arsenal fan" is the same as being told "you're openly Jewish"?

Why do you repeatedly imply that accusations of antisemitic posts on AVF are invalid? Especially when you yourself have made comments alluding to Biden being controlled by Netanyahu?

And if your response is "that's not antisemitic!!!!!!!" then please, do us both (but mostly do yourself) a favour and don't bother posting

are you saying that

Another tip - any time you have to start a sentence with "are you saying" it's because everything that follows after has nothing to do with what the person is actually saying.
IamtheWalrus

Postby Weave » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:05 am

guest wrote:
Weavie wrote:Ok, you won’t post on AVF so I’ll come to you. What do YOU think the policeman should have done in that situation? He had two options as far as I can see, he either lets the the guy walk through the middle of the march in a blatant attempt to goad a response ....

You thought that? That a person who looks Jewish and wears a skull cap wanting to cross the road to get home after he has been to his place of worship is a "blatant attempt to goad a response" from the pro Pal marchers? Your thinking is impressive and a give away.

I suppose when you see a group of people beating up a Jew in your mind it was a blatant provocation by the Jew for looking like a Jew. Would like to know your view on history - all that blatant provocation down the years. Hope you yourself haven't been blatantly provoked by having one of them cross your own path.

I don't live in London but have always assumed there is more than one road there. Why do you think the jewish man, who was being filmed at the time, wanted to cross that particular road right at the moment that a very large, very contentious, march was taking place right in front of him?

As I said in my post on AVF, I'm talking about pro-active policing during a very large protest (regardless of who is protesting). I personally couldn't give a toss about any religion, I think they're all an equally outdated means of controlling a lesser-educated population, and the world should have moved on from them all by now, but if someone wishes to practice their own faith I have no problem with them doing that.

I assume you'd have the same view if a Police Officer told a Palestinian person not to walk through the middle of a the Pro-Israeli demonstration?
Weave

Postby Weavie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:28 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Weavie wrote:

entirely of the CAA?

You're embarassing yourself on multiple levels here.

The biggest of which being that the Jewish person in question is the CEO of the CAA - a charity which in their last set of accounts had only seven employees (and 1700 volunteers) - so yes, it's safe to assume that he has significant influence on the CAA

Secondly, you still can't acknowledge the Mets retraction and apology (which is the only reason I even commented on your post)

Thirdly, as explained to you - a bunch of angry football fans (a sport with an historical and still recent problem with hooliganism) after a cup final defeat is not remotely comparable to a Jew attempting to make his way home after a Synagogue visit. Swap out football fans/Jews for any other minority - again funny how you still can't do that

Fourthly, by pointing out I posted twice in a row (because this forum has an edit time limit for registered members) only to then post 3 x in a row (LOL)

With regards to your ongoing disgusting accusations of my being an anti-Semite/jew hater/israel hater,

Can you explain why at 1116pm you posted the 506pm tweet from CAA calling for the Met to retract their statement? Your post says the police should have let him walk through the march (despite the heavy pro Palestine presence) and you denied the statement was victim blaming.

Yet just a few hours after that 506pm the Met did indeed retract and apologise for that statement.

So you're effectively justifying a statement that the Met themselves later apologised for - why?

Why do you have to use "football fans" instead of any other ethnic minority group in your example?

Do you think an Arsenal fan being told "you're openly an Arsenal fan" is the same as being told "you're openly Jewish"?

Why do you repeatedly imply that accusations of antisemitic posts on AVF are invalid? Especially when you yourself have made comments alluding to Biden being controlled by Netanyahu?

And if your response is "that's not antisemitic!!!!!!!" then please, do us both (but mostly do yourself) a favour and don't bother posting

are you saying that

Another tip - any time you have to start a sentence with "are you saying" it's because everything that follows after has nothing to do with what the person is actually saying.

Unlike you, I never mentioned the organisation that the man in the video works for, nor suggested that his actions speak for the entire Jewish population, nor Israeli population, so that's just yet another thing you've made up in your head to throw at me.

The one post you've referred to about Biden/Netanyahu has been addressed on here by me, the last time you threw it back at me. If you're unable to comprehend that, there's nothing much else I can say but I'm sure you'll bring it up again in another few months on whichever forum you're complaining about AVF on then.

Saying that someone is "openly an Arsenal fan" because they're wearing an Arsenal shirt is literally the same as someone being told that they are "openly Jewish" when they're wearing a Kippah. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you? I'm not "justifying" anything the MET said, I'm pointing out a simple fact. I used the football fan analogy because, as I've pointed out several times yet you continue to ignore, I have only referenced the aspect of policing in the video. I asked what YOU would do as the Police Officer in that situation, yet you cut that part of the post you quoted above, why? Maybe you could come back to that and tell me what YOU would do in that specific point in time, instead of just going around the merry go round of throwing names at me.

You've already been advised by a Mod on here that there is a dedicated thread for discussion about the Hamas/Israel conflict, as well as there being one on AVF that you're clearly glued to (silently of course). I'm only replying to your constant accusations against me of antisemitism/jew hating/Israel hating, which are ridiculous. As I've posted above, but will repeat for you, I have zero personal support/interest for ANY religion, not specifically judaism.
Weavie

Postby IamtheWalrus » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:53 am

Weavie wrote:
Unlike you, I never mentioned the organisation that the man in the video works for.

that one single individual Jewish man in the video, whose actions I was discussing without any labelling, represents the entire Jewish community, entire Israeli population and the entirely of the CAA?

Course you didn't. You just happened to make a reference to the CAA without bothering to do the basic research on the story itself.

Weavie wrote:The one post you've referred to about Biden/Netanyahu has been addressed on here by me, the last time you threw it back at me.

Well maybe then stop implying that complaints about AVF antisemitism are false when you're one of the people making antisemitic statements?

Weavie wrote:Saying that someone is "openly an Arsenal fan" because they're wearing an Arsenal shirt is literally the same as someone being told that they are "openly Jewish" when they're wearing a Kippah. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you?

Holy fuck. Stop.Embarassing.Yourself.

Weavie wrote:You've already been advised by a Mod on here that there is a dedicated thread for discussion about the Hamas/Israel conflict

"why don't you post on AVF?"...........retreats to behind the mods on here when this discussion has nothing to do with the Hamas/Israeli conflict but is primarily about YOUR response to a) a twitter exchange between a British charity and the Metropolitan police. Nothing to do with Hamas/Israel at all, lmao

Just weavie things

Weavie wrote:I have zero personal support/interest for ANY religion, not specifically judaism.

Holy fuck. Stop.Embarassing.Yourself.

How many posts is it now that he's failed to respond to the Met apologising and retracting their statement? lol
IamtheWalrus

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:07 pm

Can you have this chat in a more apt thread? :monkey:
Junglejayne

Postby Weavie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:09 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:How many posts is it now that he's failed to respond to the Met apologising and retracting their statement? lol

How another you respond to the first post I made, that you quoted (with the actual point edited out), instead of going around the houses?

What would YOU do if you were the Police Officer in that situation?

It’s a simple enough question, but you’re spending a whole lot of “whatabout” energy talking around it.
Weavie

Postby IamtheWalrus » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:13 pm

I'm cracking up at Weavie doing his usual "I'm being embarassed so I best hide behind the mods" routine on:

a) a forum that's closing down in a few weeks

b) a forum that allows guests to post.

What exactly are the mods going to do? lmao
IamtheWalrus

Postby Weavie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:28 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:I'm cracking up at Weavie doing his usual "I'm being embarassed so I best hide behind the mods" routine on:

a) a forum that's closing down in a few weeks

b) a forum that allows guests to post.

What exactly are the mods going to do? lmao

Yeah, you've already said that. It's clearly why you post on here instead of anywhere else. At least I'm using my known forum name, instead of hiding though eh.

So, back to deflecting away from the original question I asked, what would YOU do if you were the police officer in that position?
Weavie

Postby guest » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:17 pm

Junglejayne wrote:Can you have this chat in a more apt thread? :monkey:

Grab yourself some popcorn and a drink and sit back comfortably. This is also an AV thread too (any hints as to what that might be) and it seems to be overspill from that. Have to admit the long posts cause me to glaze over. I like to keep things simple, get to the core of the matter, as overcomplication tends to be a tactic to muddy the waters. Einstein said something along the lines of "keep things as simple as possible but don't simplify beyond that".

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms