DS & AV Forum Thread #127

A right load of bollocks...

Re: DS & AV Forum Thread #127

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:13 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:Imagine being so anti-Israel that you cheerlead for Iran whilst endlessly repeating conspiracy theories about Israel funding Hamas.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

It’s terrible, even The Times of Israel pushes the same conspiracy about Netanyahu actively funding Hamas to keep them separate from the PLA in the West Bank. I had no idea that the Times was anti-Israel too.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years ... faces/amp/

Postby IamtheWalrus » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:45 pm

Guest wrote:
It’s terrible, even The Times of Israel pushes the same conspiracy about Netanyahu actively funding Hamas to keep them separate from the PLA in the West Bank. I had no idea that the Times was anti-Israel too.

Try reading the article for a change.
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:12 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Guest wrote:

I did, which one have you read?

“ For years, Netanyahu propped up Hamas. Now it’s blown up in our faces
The premier's policy of treating the terror group as a partner, at the expense of Abbas and Palestinian statehood, has resulted in wounds that will take Israel years to heal from”

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:47 pm

Mother is still in charge of the the remote control forcing Westy2 to watch GB News.
:drool:

Postby IamtheWalrus » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:50 pm

Guest wrote:
The premier's policy of treating the terror group as a partner, at the expense of Abbas and Palestinian statehood, has resulted in wounds that will take Israel years to heal from”

Feel free to quote the bits about Netanyahu funding Hamas
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:54 pm

Guest wrote:
IamtheWalrus wrote:
Guest wrote:

I did, which one have you read?

i dont think walrus and co do much reading

too busy still trying to work out what anti-semitic means

Postby IamtheWalrus » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:04 pm

Guest wrote:
i dont think walrus and co do much reading

too busy still trying to work out what anti-semitic means

"Feel free to quote the bits about Netanyahu funding Hamas"
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:44 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Guest wrote:

Feel free to quote the bits about Netanyahu funding Hamas

If you’re going to play semantics to try and prove your argument, there’s little point in trying. Netanyahu’s Government directly controlled what goes in/out of Gaza, including suitcases of cash for Hamas and his own Party have been reported as making the conscious decision to fund Hamas in order that the PLA stayed divided.

If you need the money to come out of his bank account directly to be able understand the point of the article, the issue is yours.

Postby IamtheWalrus » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:07 pm

Guest wrote:
If you’re going to play semantics to try and prove your argument, there’s little point in trying. Netanyahu’s Government directly controlled what goes in/out of Gaza, including suitcases of cash for Hamas and his own Party have been reported as making the conscious decision to fund Hamas in order that the PLA stayed divided.

If you need the money to come out of his bank account directly to be able understand the point of the article, the issue is yours.

The irony of accusing me of playing "semantics" when the only way the original claim of "Israel is the greater funder of Hamas" only works is if you conveniently ignore any cash was coming from Qatar.
:popcorn:

Whilst also conveniently ignoring the role of Iran in funding, supplying and training Hamas - hence "cheerleading for Iran"
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:13 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Guest wrote:

The irony of accusing me of playing "semantics" when the only way the original claim of "Israel is the greater funder of Hamas" only works is if you conveniently ignore any cash was coming from Qatar.

And how did that cash get to Hamas, who were based within the confines of the Gaza Strip, with borders actively controlled by Israel?

As I said, you’re playing semantics.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Guest wrote:

Whilst also conveniently ignoring the role of Iran in funding, supplying and training Hamas - hence "cheerleading for Iran"

I’ll simplify it for you, so there’s no need for your accusations of “cheerleading for Iran” in response to pointing out basic facts;

1) The IRGC is a terrorist organiser/state

2) The IRGC funds Hamas to carry out their bidding, to destabilise the region.

3) Netanyahu’s Government allowed/facilitated said funding to reach Hamas in Gaza, because he wants to prevent the coming together of Palestinians in Gaza (ruled by Hamas) and Palestinians in the West Bank (ruled by PLA). If Hamas are actually removed, and the PLA takes control of Gaza, Netanyahu risks a stronger single entity controlling Palestinians.

Pointing these simple facts out doesn’t make someone anti-Semitic, nor a Hamas supporter, nor a cheerleader for Iran, it makes them an adult who is able to discuss geopolitics without throwing labels at others. I hope this is easy enough for you to understand?

Postby IamtheWalrus » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:25 pm

I’ll simplify it for you, so there’s no need for your accusations of “cheerleading for Iran” in response to pointing out basic facts;

3) Netanyahu’s Government allowed/facilitated said funding to reach Hamas in Gaza, because he wants to prevent the coming together of Palestinians in Gaza (ruled by Hamas) and Palestinians in the West Bank (ruled by PLA). If Hamas are actually removed, and the PLA takes control of Gaza, Netanyahu risks a stronger single entity controlling Palestinians.

Pointing these simple facts out doesn’t make someone anti-Semitic, nor a Hamas supporter, nor a cheerleader for Iran, it makes them an adult who is able to discuss geopolitics without throwing labels at others. I hope this is easy enough for you to understand?[/quote]

Right, so we agree that Israel isn't the "greatest funder of Hamas then, thanks for clearing that up

And I never said anything about anti semitism, I simply said "imagine being so anti Israel that you cheerlead for Hamas"

Criticism of Israel isn't anti semitism or did you forget that? :popcorn:

I stand by everything I've said regarding a certain moon based cheerleader for Iran. It's embarrassing but par for the course multiple Avf guests have tried to play semantics whilst accusing me of playing semantics only to end up agreeing with me.

The only article that was linked in support of the "greatest funder" claim specifically referred to Qatari suitcases of cash, a fact that was curiously omitted. It shouldn't take all night to arrive at where you are now - admitting that any funding doesn't actually come from Israel :popcorn:
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:I’ll simplify it for you, so there’s no need for your accusations of “cheerleading for Iran” in response to pointing out basic facts;

Pointing these simple facts out doesn’t make someone anti-Semitic, nor a Hamas supporter, nor a cheerleader for Iran, it makes them an adult who is able to discuss geopolitics without throwing labels at others. I hope this is easy enough for you to understand?

Right, so we agree that Israel isn't the "greatest funder of Hamas then, thanks for clearing that up

And I never said anything about anti semitism, I simply said "imagine being so anti Israel that you cheerlead for Hamas"

Criticism of Israel isn't anti semitism or did you forget that? :popcorn:

I stand by everything I've said regarding a certain moon based cheerleader for Iran. It's embarrassing but par for the course multiple Avf guests have tried to play semantics whilst accusing me of playing semantics only to end up agreeing with me.

The only article that was linked in support of the "greatest funder" claim specifically referred to Qatari suitcases of cash, a fact that was curiously omitted. It shouldn't take all night to arrive at where you are now - admitting that any funding doesn't actually come from Israel :popcorn:[/quote]

The point about “Netanyahu funding Hamas” is that the funds from Qatar would never have reached Hamas if he hadn’t have actively facilitated them, hence the claim (including by the Times of Israel article linked earlier) that Israel/Netanyhau has “funded Hamas”. He’s even reported as stating that point himself in a Likud meeting in 2019 as a political benefit.

You repeating the same “ah, but the money came from Qatar, so Israel don’t fund Hamas!” isn’t the great defence you appear to believe as, like most things in the region, it’s much more complex than that. I haven’t “arrived” anywhere, nor have I changed the point I made in the first place.

Also, if you’re just going to continue to label anyone “anti-Semitic” because you disagree with them pointing things like this out, you’re no better than those people who label anyone they disagree with “racist”, it just devalues actual antisemitism.

Postby Chancer81 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 am

Isn't there a thread dedicated to the Israel-Gaza business and could you take your little argument over there please? It's really boring. :woteva:
Chancer81

Postby Wolfshead » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:18 pm

Chancer81 wrote:Isn't there a thread dedicated to the Israel-Gaza business and could you take your little argument over there please? It's really boring. :woteva:

I completely agree. It's getting ridiculous now.
Wolfshead

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms