DS & AV Forum Thread #127

A right load of bollocks...

Re: DS & AV Forum Thread #127

Postby IamtheWalrus » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:04 pm

Guesticle wrote:
Apart from in your own head, who has actually 'complained' that they can't compare Israel to the Nazis, when quoting Netanyahu comparing literally everyone else he feels like to the Nazis?

As someone who's clearly a stickler for exact working, going by the amount of times you copy/paste passages as 'proof' that specific wording was/wasn't used, I assume you must have tons of quotes of people "complaining they aren't allowed to compare Israel to the Nazis"

Considering you've been replying to me since earlier this afternoon, I would suggest looking back at the earlier posts if *checks watch* 7-8 hours is all it takes for you to forget what or whom was the subject of my original post.
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guesticle » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:13 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Guesticle wrote:
Apart from in your own head, who has actually 'complained' that they can't compare Israel to the Nazis, when quoting Netanyahu comparing literally everyone else he feels like to the Nazis?

As someone who's clearly a stickler for exact working, going by the amount of times you copy/paste passages as 'proof' that specific wording was/wasn't used, I assume you must have tons of quotes of people "complaining they aren't allowed to compare Israel to the Nazis"

Considering you've been replying to me since earlier this afternoon, I would suggest looking back at the earlier posts if *checks watch* 7-8 hours is all it takes for you to forget what or whom was the subject of my original post.

Yes, it’s still the same post as before, which was in response to Netanyahu posting his English language video comparing the actions of US students to “1930’s Germany”,a deliberate choice of working to conflate the actions of US students to Nazis;

“ It's so disgusting how the leadership or their apologists will use those aspects of history in such a cynical and ignorant manner. I remember Melanie Philips on Question Time also dramatically repeating how it was another holocaust. On Israel, and by extension Jewish people (conflation of the two is another aspect that's seemingly accepted only sometimes).

Meanwhile if anyone suggested such comparisons the other way round they would be castigated and called an anti-Semite. Not that the horrors from WW2 should be getting used at all. But the double standards are pathetic. Meanwhile in the real world there are many many Jewish people fully critical of the Israeli leadership and often rather strong in how they express it.”

I’m not sure what blinkers you’re reading it through but the only complaint is aimed squarely at the double standards employed by those people, like yourself, who blindly refuse to acknowledge that people like Netanyahu are doing exactly what you are labelling everyone else as “nasty little Jew haters” for pointing out.
Guesticle

Postby IamtheWalrus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:11 am

Guesticle wrote:“ It's so disgusting how the leadership or their apologists ........”

You really didn't need to quote it to me. I am not the one asking for a reminder of whom or what I was referring to :trollface:

Guesticle wrote: but the only complaint is aimed squarely at the double standards employed by those people

You're so close to getting it but clearly still very far away.

Try thinking about what motivates someone to identify perceived double standards and then complain 'squarely' about those double standards.

who blindly refuse to acknowledge that people like Netanyahu are doing exactly what you are labelling everyone else as “nasty little Jew haters” for pointing out.

The IHRA definition of antisemitism is very clear that "Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis." is antisemitic.

So why wouldn't I label someone as a "nasty little Jew hater" if they make comparisons of Israel to Nazi Germany?

And yes, if someone complains about the double standards because they can't make such comparisons without being labelled an antisemite, then they're most likely a "nasty little Jew hater" whether they realise it or not.
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guesticle » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:06 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Guesticle wrote:“ It's so disgusting how the leadership or their apologists ........”

You really didn't need to quote it to me. I am not the one asking for a reminder of whom or what I was referring to :trollface:

Guesticle wrote: but the only complaint is aimed squarely at the double standards employed by those people

You're so close to getting it but clearly still very far away.

Try thinking about what motivates someone to identify perceived double standards and then complain 'squarely' about those double standards.

who blindly refuse to acknowledge that people like Netanyahu are doing exactly what you are labelling everyone else as “nasty little Jew haters” for pointing out.

The IHRA definition of antisemitism is very clear that "Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis." is antisemitic.

So why wouldn't I label someone as a "nasty little Jew hater" if they make comparisons of Israel to Nazi Germany?

And yes, if someone complains about the double standards because they can't make such comparisons without being labelled an antisemite, then they're most likely a "nasty little Jew hater" whether they realise it or not.

It must be quite a sad world you live in that you see “Jew hate” in everything, rather than being able to fully comprehend that not everyone actually hates Jews. In fact, the overwhelming majority of people really couldn’t give a toss if someone is Jewish, Catholic, Muslim, Buddhist or any other religion, because it has zero bearing on someone’s actual character.

“ Meanwhile if anyone suggested such comparisons the other way round they would be castigated and called an anti-Semite. Not that the horrors from WW2 should be getting used at all. But the double standards are pathetic.”

This paragraph isn’t someone expressing regret that they can’t compare Jewish people to Nazis, it’s someone pointing out blatant double standards/hypocrisy from the leader of Israel, and those people like you who won’t call him out for literally abusing the memories and fear of Nazis and “1930’s Germany” to deflect from his own actions.

I realise that you won’t accept this, otherwise you already would have done, and will instead continue with your approach that literally everyone you disagree with must be a “nasty little Jew hater”, which is a disgusting slur in itself, so I’ll leave you to your hatred and popcorn emojis.
Guesticle

Postby IamtheWalrus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 am

Guesticle wrote:
This paragraph isn’t someone expressing regret that they can’t compare Jewish people to Nazis, it’s someone pointing out blatant double standards/hypocrisy from the leader of Israel,

everyone you disagree with must be a “nasty little Jew hater”, which is a disgusting slur in itself, so I’ll leave you to your hatred and popcorn emojis.

"Try thinking about what motivates someone to identify perceived double standards and then complain 'squarely' about those double standards"

Not everyone I disagree with, just a significant amount of posters on the Avf Israel thread. The evidence is overwhelming. The fact you're on here defending them is telling

:popcorn:
IamtheWalrus

Postby IamtheWalrus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 am

Just look at the thread this morning for your latest example. Someone complaining that antisemitism was weaponised against Corbyn.

That is enough to get you kicked out of Labour under Starmer but it has three positive reactions on AVF. Likewise, every single person that reads past that post without correcting him, reporting it etc is at best guilty of looking the other way.

The post also calls out the CAA for attacking Corbyn. But I guess this is just like Weavie calling Falter a jumped up whatever and totally innocent, legitimate criticism. That has nothing to do with, you know, being a campaign against anti Semitism, or him being Jewish

I'm sure you'll be along shortly to defend such nonsense, which like I said tells me all I need to know about you

:popcorn:
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:40 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:Likewise, every single person that reads past that post without correcting him, reporting it etc is at best guilty of looking the other way.

Unless you've reported the post, or actively corrected the poster in the thread, you're looking the other way too.

Postby IamtheWalrus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am

Guest wrote:
Unless you've reported the post, or actively corrected the poster in the thread, you're looking the other way too.

IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Guest wrote:

“Likewise, every single person that reads past that post without correcting him, reporting it etc is at best guilty of looking the other way.”

I assume you don’t fit in this “every single person” declaration then, for ‘reasons’?

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 am

Guest wrote:
IamtheWalrus wrote:Likewise, every single person that reads past that post without correcting him, reporting it etc is at best guilty of looking the other way.

Has it ever crossed your mind that AV has, or had, some Jewish posters, and despite (incredibly, given the filthy racism that pervades both the modding and the core group of bigoted, aggressive, authoritarian 'left wing' posters) them not being banned simply for being Jewish, the only recourse they might have (especially after reporting Moriarty Holmes infamous racist and xenophobic post that is still standing) is to simply not be an active member of such a community of filth?

You scum bags should police your own racist filth, if you're not actively filled with hate for Jews, or carry on as you are if you're comfortable with how your conduct is viewed by the outside world.

Bonoboo, vlad, sissy, lakie, rich, weavie, narmi74, Moriarty Holmes - we see you.

Ah, no surprise to see weavie downplaying violent anti Jewish riots at us universities.

What's that weavie? Only a few campuses? Oh, that's OK then.

Fuck BLM eh? I mean, George Floyd was only 1 violent drug addicted criminal who robbed a pregnant woman at gunpoint! Nothing to see here!

Fucking hypocritical twat. You'd actually be dangerous if you weren't glued to AV for the last half a year shitting on everything Israel does or says, while lapping up any hamas propaganda like a fucking gay seal that they'd surely throw off a building given a chance. God help us if you ever get called up for jury service you fucking bigoted racist cunt.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Has it ever crossed your mind that AV has, or had, some Jewish posters, and despite (incredibly, given the filthy racism that pervades both the modding and the core group of bigoted, aggressive, authoritarian 'left wing' posters) them not being banned simply for being Jewish, the only recourse they might have (especially after reporting Moriarty Holmes infamous racist and xenophobic post that is still standing) is to simply not be an active member of such a community of filth?

You scum bags should police your own racist filth, if you're not actively filled with hate for Jews, or carry on as you are if you're comfortable with how your conduct is viewed by the outside world.

Bonoboo, vlad, sissy, lakie, rich, weavie, narmi74, Moriarty Holmes - we see you.

Ah, no surprise to see weavie downplaying violent anti Jewish riots at us universities.

What's that weavie? Only a few campuses? Oh, that's OK then.

Fuck BLM eh? I mean, George Floyd was only 1 violent drug addicted criminal who robbed a pregnant woman at gunpoint! Nothing to see here!

Fucking hypocritical twat. You'd actually be dangerous if you weren't glued to AV for the last half a year shitting on everything Israel does or says, while lapping up any hamas propaganda like a fucking gay seal that they'd surely throw off a building given a chance. God help us if you ever get called up for jury service you fucking bigoted racist cunt.

Iamthewalrus, who I’m sure you’re not, is an active member on AVF along with their other friends on here, as they’ve said so themselves. If they’re going to accuse posters of “looking the other way” if they don’t report or correct what they feel is antisemitism on a public forum, they’re no better themselves if they don’t do it either. Yet, they continue to remain glued to AVF so they can copy/paste posts from there day and night.

The protests in USA are being attended by Jewish people too, are they the ‘wrong kind of Jew’ for you or does their criticism of the actions of the Israeli state just not fit the “everyone is antisemitic” argument?

Postby IamtheWalrus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am

Guest wrote:The protests in USA are being attended by Jewish people too

Tip: downplaying the negative elements of pro-Palestine marches/protests by using a relative minority of Jews doesn't make you look very good. Just like describing them as "mostly peaceful" or "peaceful" despite all the evidence to the contrary.

if they don’t report or correct what they feel is antisemitism on a public forum, t

How do you know I haven't?

There have been multiple comments on here about certain posts - such as the one he's referring to re "child murderers", yet it's still up along with every other antisemitic trope you can think of.

they’re no better themselves if they don’t do it either.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

"Pronounced too-kwo-kweh. Literally translating as 'you too' this fallacy is also known as the appeal to hypocrisy. It is commonly employed as an effective red herring because it takes the heat off someone having to defend their argument, and instead shifts the focus back on to the person making the criticism."
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 am

IamtheWalrus wrote:
Guest wrote:The protests in USA are being attended by Jewish people too

Tip: downplaying the negative elements of pro-Palestine marches/protests by using a relative minority of Jews doesn't make you look very good. Just like describing them as "mostly peaceful" or "peaceful" despite all the evidence to the contrary.

if they don’t report or correct what they feel is antisemitism on a public forum, t

How do you know I haven't?

There have been multiple comments on here about certain posts - such as the one he's referring to re "child murderers", yet it's still up along with every other antisemitic trope you can think of.

they’re no better themselves if they don’t do it either.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

"Pronounced too-kwo-kweh. Literally translating as 'you too' this fallacy is also known as the appeal to hypocrisy. It is commonly employed as an effective red herring because it takes the heat off someone having to defend their argument, and instead shifts the focus back on to the person making the criticism."

Ok, so they’re the “wrong kind of Jews” for you then, thanks for the confirmation. I’m going to guess that you haven’t reported the post? Otherwise you would have said so straight away when I first criticised you.

You’re going to have help me on this one. Is it an example of a ‘tu-quoque’ when you copy/pasted my post just above this one where I pointed out that you’re actively “looking the other way” too for not reporting or correcting the post, as it does look exactly like you shifting the focus back on the person making the criticism.

Postby IamtheWalrus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:31 am

I seee the police are back to being the bad guys on AVF again.

Preventing disorder by making hundreds of arrests of Pro-Palestine protestors on US campuses = bad

Preventing disorder by preventing one "openly Jewish" Jew from walking through Pro-Palestine protestors = good

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
IamtheWalrus

Postby truthseeker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 pm

Just noticed Rich has reached the landmark of 75,000 posts. Wow, that must take some commitment! I'm surprised they haven't organised an AVF night out to celebrate :razz:. Although he has taken the opportunity to update his profile Avatar. Some guy smoking a pipe, no idea who it's meant to be though. In other news, NiceGuy1966 has been red carded on the Starmer thread (post 42,230) for having a go at iwb100. I did see the original unedited post but can't remember exactly what NiceGuy said. I think he accused iwb of being over confident/arrogant and acting as if he was being interviewed on BBC news, then swanning off. I don't know who the mod was, but I bet it wasn't Iron Giant as he usually looks after his favourites, NiceGuy being one of them.
truthseeker

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms