Brexit is a disaster: it isn’t.

A right load of bollocks...

Brexit is a disaster: it isn’t.

Postby Remained Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:18 am

I wanted to stay in the EU, but The Guardian says we are better off because we left.

This is a very good, lengthy article, which really annoys me, I liked being a European.

“I’ve got news for those who say Brexit is a disaster: it isn’t. That’s why rejoining is just a pipe dream.

Brexit is a dead issue at Westminster. There are any number of issues where it is hard to separate Labour and the Conservatives, and the reluctance to reopen the 2016 referendum debate is one of them. As with tax and spending, Keir Starmer is broadly offering continuity Rishi Sunak.
That doesn’t mean the debate about leaving is over. Plenty of people still nurture the hope that the decision will be reversed and are working to that end. But any successful campaign would need to do two things: convince voters that the UK economy had become a basket case since the Brexit vote and that life for those still in the club was so much better.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... pe-economy
Last edited by Stooo on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Amp link replaced
Remained Guest

Re: Brexit is a disaster: it isn’t.

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:24 am

You are still European raving

we haven't moved geographically :dunno:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:38 am

HobbitFeet wrote:You are still European raving

I’ve got a British passport

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:45 am

Guest wrote:

are German people European?
they have a German passport :dunno:

The British Isles are part of Europe, If you are British you are also European, it's not a fucking debate
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:28 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:

are German people European?
they have a German passport :dunno:

The British Isles are part of Europe, If you are British you are also European, it's not a fucking debate

Mein Vater war Deutscher!

I should apply for an eu passport

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:14 pm

Larry Elliott, that slightly known pro-brexit Spiked columnist. :roll:

What a load of bollocks that doesn't include the bribes for Microsoft and Nissan let alone the taking back of our borders that is continually in the news, we've sent more HS's to Rwanda than refugees and still it rumbles on with zero checks on EU imports to the UK that do not have to have the same standards necessary within the bloc.

We're already back in Horizon, Erasimus with it's freedom of movement next and the ESA after. Meanwhile the rational minds in the tory party seem intent on salting the earth for the next government with the latest visa immigration restrictions and costs.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:33 pm

Stooo wrote:Larry Elliott, that slightly known pro-brexit Spiked columnist. :roll:

What a load of bollocks that doesn't include the bribes for Microsoft and Nissan let alone the taking back of our borders that is continually in the news, we've sent more HS's to Rwanda than refugees and still it rumbles on with zero checks on EU imports to the UK that do not have to have the same standards necessary within the bloc.

We're already back in Horizon, Erasimus with it's freedom of movement next and the ESA after. Meanwhile the rational minds in the tory party seem intent on salting the earth for the next government with the latest visa immigration restrictions and costs.

It’s a well written article, but I do hope he’s very wrong.

It’s no time to be divided, with all the shit going on in the world right now.

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:Larry Elliott, that slightly known pro-brexit Spiked columnist. :roll:

No it wasn't it was shit.

We're already divided due to cunts like him and you.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:51 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

Qualify that statement.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:18 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don’t resemble that remark at all.

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

Qualify that statement.

Look around arsehole.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:08 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

Qualify that statement.

Look around arsehole.

Ah! You’ve adopted your normal default position, hurling abuse.

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Look around arsehole.

Ah! You’ve adopted your normal default position, hurling abuse.

And you've opted out after getting burned again.

Look around snowflake.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:19 pm

Brexit hasn't actually been successful has it.
None of the shit we were sold stands up to scrutiny but... the EU is starting to come apart at the seams so it might well be good we aint there now.
I think the EU is going to shrink drastically like in a years time half the countries they have now will be doing a runner.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:31 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Brexit hasn't actually been successful has it.
None of the shit we were sold stands up to scrutiny but... the EU is starting to come apart at the seams so it might well be good we aint there now.
I think the EU is going to shrink drastically like in a years time half the countries they have now will be doing a runner.

It really isn't, you were told about the first part repeatedly but ignored it, secure in your own ignorance and entitlement. Enjoy.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms