Women don't want to data conservatives says data

A right load of bollocks...

Women don't want to data conservatives says data

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:00 pm

It's an amusing truth that comes up with regularity: Men who love Donald Trump struggle on the dating market. This is neither surprising nor regrettable. Supporting Trump is much like refusing to bathe, blowing your nose in your hands or farting loudly on purpose. It's a repugnant habit that makes you repulsive to normal people. The whole point of dating and marriage is to find happiness, not to spend the rest of one's days suffering in silence

https://www.salon.com/2023/11/28/its-a- ... wont-date/

I took the quote from Salon because the original article on which it is based is behind a paywall.

However what amused me was not the article itself but the reaction to it from the right wing mediasphere which went collectively nuts.

And it didn't question the data, gathered from essentially all dating apps over the past five years, it attacked women for not wanting to date conservatives. This from the advocates of the free market.

There is nothing that is a more free market than dating in a western democracy. We don't have arranged marriages, we don't have a caste system and we have civil laws that allow most couples who want to get married to get married - OK you've got legal problems if you want to marry your siblings, your parents or your children but most people don't see that as a bad thing.

So if you're in the age group where you're looking for a life partner to have children with and women don't want to get within spitting distance - maybe it's you not they who have a problem.
Cactus Jack

Re: Women don't want to data conservatives says data

Postby Middens » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:15 pm

About the Trump bit. I don't see Trump as a conservative. He's reactionary, a nasty con man who either other nasty people like or gullible people like. Not people you want involved with.
Middens

Postby Stooo » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:37 pm

Middens wrote:About the Trump bit. I don't see Trump as a conservative. He's reactionary, a nasty con man who either other nasty people like or gullible people like. Not people you want involved with.

Agreed, Trump is a true fascist with a cult following. He's not a conservative.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
It's an amusing truth that comes up with regularity: Men who love Donald Trump struggle on the dating market. This is neither surprising nor regrettable. Supporting Trump is much like refusing to bathe, blowing your nose in your hands or farting loudly on purpose. It's a repugnant habit that makes you repulsive to normal people. The whole point of dating and marriage is to find happiness, not to spend the rest of one's days suffering in silence

https://www.salon.com/2023/11/28/its-a- ... wont-date/

I took the quote from Salon because the original article on which it is based is behind a paywall.

However what amused me was not the article itself but the reaction to it from the right wing mediasphere which went collectively nuts.

And it didn't question the data, gathered from essentially all dating apps over the past five years, it attacked women for not wanting to date conservatives. This from the advocates of the free market.

There is nothing that is a more free market than dating in a western democracy. We don't have arranged marriages, we don't have a caste system and we have civil laws that allow most couples who want to get married to get married - OK you've got legal problems if you want to marry your siblings, your parents or your children but most people don't see that as a bad thing.

So if you're in the age group where you're looking for a life partner to have children with and women don't want to get within spitting distance - maybe it's you not they who have a problem.

Trump is not anything, other than a truly thick, egomaniacal notwat, and a bully to boot!
Comparing anyone else to that creature is a slur on mankind in general.
I hope he gets jailed, he’s a pathological liar who answers for the moment with zero compunction, and thinks nothing of ruining the lives of others.

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:50 am

Whatever we may think of him many conservatives and evangelicals identify strongly with Trump and firmly believe that he represents their values.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Whatever we may think of him many conservatives and evangelicals identify strongly with Trump and firmly believe that he represents their values.

Complain all you like, you won’t affect the way he behaves.
He’s a lost case, he actually believes his own bullshit.
Which used to be funny, until he invoked a failed insurrection.

Postby Text » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:53 pm

@ title:
That's good to know, OP
...... less chance of passing their cold, evil genes to the next generation, win/win.

Women date all types of unsuitable men during their young carefree phase but when it comes to long-term relationships - & possibly settling down permanently - they usually think very carefully about the character traits of the guy they'll be committing their whole life to, and he'll be the father of their future kids too.
Text

Postby Text » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:18 pm

Tip, Cactus. Never make a typo in the thread title. Make as many you like in the posts no problem, but not in the title! (And remember, you may not be able to do a search for the thread if you need it at a future date). You've got a ten minute widow to check for errors, use it......................................

........................ just cheekily teasing, CJ ! You know I am, and I know you can take a joke. :Hiya:
Text

Postby Text » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:28 pm

Guest wrote:Trump is not anything, other than a truly thick, egomaniacal notwat, and a bully to boot!
I hope he gets jailed, he’s a pathological liar who answers for the moment with zero compunction, and thinks nothing of ruining the lives of others.

Gerroff the fence! :yikes: :pmsl:
I don't think he will win in 2024, he won't get enough votes. Maybe another Republican might! - anyone else would be an improvement. On balance I reckon the Dems will scrape thru and win a 2nd term.

(@ CJ - *window lol)
Text

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:46 am

Having seen so many Southern American conservatives I think it's the legal bar to marrying siblings they have the big issue with - and largely ignore.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:09 am

Text wrote:
Guest wrote:Trump is not anything, other than a truly thick, egomaniacal notwat, and a bully to boot!

Gerroff the fence! :yikes: :pmsl:
I don't think he will win in 2024, he won't get enough votes. Maybe another Republican might! - anyone else would be an improvement. On balance I reckon the Dems will scrape thru and win a 2nd term.

(@ CJ - *window lol)

It might surprise you that the betting markets disagree

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2024/winner

Postby Text » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:54 pm

Guest wrote:
It might surprise you that the betting markets disagree

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2024/winner

You might be right guesty but a lot can happen in a year. I predict a few dramatic twists & turns. :leer:

Does Trumpet deserve to win after making numerous gangster-type threats to judges and other senior members of the US establishment? Let alone his shocking litany of crimes? Hell no.  

The rest of what I have to say, I will save it for the news section, later. Feels a lil bit odd discussing him in depth in this section.
Text

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Having seen so many Southern American conservatives I think it's the legal bar to marrying siblings they have the big issue with - and largely ignore.

I think that you can marry at twelve in some states and sex with animals is lawful in TX :texan:
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms