Zelenskys time might just be up.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Zelenskys time might just be up.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:36 pm

The Russian cyber attacks on Ukraine are causing havoc for Ukrainians.
Which puts Ukraine on the frontline of the cyber warfare arms race.
Each side will be homing their skills for measure and counter measure, and, as per the physical battlefield, will make advances that the rest of the world need to keep up with.
This war has seen major innovations in weapons technology, especially land, air and sea drones, and it’s causing other nations to rethink their entire concept of how to fight a war.
It’s boom time for arms manufacturers.
Well, except for Russia, because of how poorly they’ve fared on the battlefield.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:22 pm

Guest wrote:Interesting! That’s exactly what happened to the First Nations peoples of north and South America, plus Australia and New Zealand.
Again, where do you intend to send all these people back to?

Also, you’re suggesting that all these people coming over the channel should be sent back from whence they came.

Lastly, do you really think it possible to evict the entire population of Israel on a whim, and where would you send them all?

I haven't suggested sending anyone anywhere.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:53 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:Interesting! That’s exactly what happened to the First Nations peoples of north and South America, plus Australia and New Zealand.
Again, where do you intend to send all these people back to?

Also, you’re suggesting that all these people coming over the channel should be sent back from whence they came.

Lastly, do you really think it possible to evict the entire population of Israel on a whim, and where would you send them all?

I haven't suggested sending anyone anywhere.

:thud:

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:07 pm

For the hallucinating guest...this is what was asked;
So you’re saying Dutch, Danish and German people went to Gaza and stole people’s houses.
I answered because guest who was asked might not turn up for an age or a mod be around to approve the post so I asked where do you think the Jews who emigrated to Israel on its founding came from.
There's nothing in that to suggest sending anyone anywhere.
Israel isn't going anywhere.
I suspect the guest who is hallucinating is pretty new to what he's trying to discuss.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:For the hallucinating guest...this is what was asked;
So you’re saying Dutch, Danish and German people went to Gaza and stole people’s houses.
I answered because guest who was asked might not turn up for an age or a mod be around to approve the post so I asked where do you think the Jews who emigrated to Israel on its founding came from.
I suspect the guest who is hallucinating is pretty new to what he's trying to discuss.

You’re having an argument with yourself, you seem to want Israelis to give land back to people you say they stole it from, but you’ve just stated Israel is going nowhere.
Which is a contradiction in terms.
Can you clarify your stance on this issue please.
At present you’re being as clear as a peaty dark single malt.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:16 pm

Guest wrote:

You’re having an argument with yourself, you seem to want Israelis to give land back to people you say they stole it from, but you’ve just stated Israel is going nowhere.

Like talking to a fucking fence post!
Nowhere have I said anyone should be giving anything back.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:17 pm

Guest wrote:

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:43 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:

I resemble that remark!

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:54 pm

This is interesting, and it’s also quite controversial…

“ Vehicles eligible for scrappage as part of London's Ulez scheme cannot legally be sent to Ukraine, the mayor's office has said.
The Telegraph reported Kyiv's mayor Vitali Klitschko had written to to his London counterpart to suggest the idea as part of the scrappage scheme.
However, Sadiq Khan's office said the Labour mayor was legally unable to alter it to allow vehicle exports.
Susan Hall, the Tory mayoral candidate, said the response was "absurd".
Under the Ulez scrappage scheme, which came into force in August, Londoners with vehicles that fall foul of emission standards can claim up to £2,000 when their non-compliant vehicles is taken to be destroyed.
In the letter obtained by The Telegraph, Mr Klitschko said some of the vehicles being scrapped, particularly 4x4s, had "enormous potential" to help the country in a "variety of life-saving and transport roles" to aid its war with Russia.
'Deeply frustrated'
BBC News has not seen the full contents of the letter, reportedly sent in September, but a spokesperson for Mr Khan confirmed it had been received.
"Unfortunately, altering the Ulez scheme for the purpose of exporting vehicles to Ukraine is not possible within the current limits of the Greater London Authority Act," they said.
They said exporting the vehicles to Ukraine would "not meet the legal threshold of the benefit to Londoners from an economic, social, or environmental perspective" as set out within the act.
They added that Mr Khan was "deeply frustrated" and had instead set up a website which enabled Londoners with a "suitable non-compliant vehicle to donate their vehicles directly to Ukraine".
Owners of vehicles donated directly through a charity will not be entitled to claim £2,000 from the Ulez scrappage scheme.
Ms Hall said Londoners who choose to scrap their cars "should have the freedom to decide for themselves if they want their car sent to support Ukraine".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... 737663.amp

They might be left hand drive, but 4x4’s and large vans would be useful for civilians and troops in the rear to take supplies to the front lines.
They’d also be useful as makeshift ambulances and evacuation of civilians from the front.

I’ve seen videos of Ukrainians adding armour to civilians vehicles specifically for such purposes, and I’ve even seen drone units using them to move to given locations to fly their drones in and out, then get the hell away before they’re spotted.

I do think that it’s a good idea, every little helps after all.

After all, Parisian taxi drivers filled their cabs with troops and drove them to the front lines when danger threatened Paris in WW1.

With all aid being blocked at present, I’m siding with the Mayor of Kiev, and I’m hoping Sadiq has a rethink.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:53 am

The woman of Russia seem to be gaining momentum in their calls to have the war over and their men to return home.

“Russian soldiers’ WAGs have message for Putin that he really won’t like.

The wives and girlfriends of mobilised Russian soldiers have demanded that president Vladimir Putin goes to the frontline ‘and dies’.

Protests and demands to end the slaughter in Ukraine have seen a surge throughout Russia as young men continue to die en masse.

In a message on Telegram channel The Way Home, a group which demands a return of mobilised men, they told the dictator: ‘Vladimir Putin, what have you brought people to? We Russians have no hope left under your leadership.“

https://metro.co.uk/2023/12/19/putin-to ... 94947/amp/

He can’t lock up mothers and children simply for wanting an and to this madness.
Although I doubt very much he will take notice.

On Putin, I saw a stupid video of him handing over his passport and documents to register as a candidate in the upcoming presidential election.
What a farce!

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:19 pm

“ Zelenskyy losing Ukrainians' trust, says new poll.

As Ukraine heads into a harsh winter without having significantly driven back the Russian invasion this year, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy appears to have lost much of the phenomenal public trust he earned in the war's first year.
According to new data from the Kyiv International Institute of Sociology, where Zelenskyy was trusted by 84% of Ukrainians this time last year, the figure is now 62%, with 18% telling the institute they do not trust him.

This is still a towering figure in his favour, but it puts him well behind the Ukrainian military, which is trusted by 96% of the public – the exact same level of support it enjoyed a year ago.“

https://www.euronews.com/2023/12/19/zel ... rust%20him.

In times of war it takes a special breed to bolster public support and keep a nation together in order to continue fighting.

“A Popular Prime Minister
Winston Churchill is cheered by workers during a visit to bomb-damaged Plymouth on 2 May 1941. This was one of many morale-boosting visits he made across Britain. Public opinion polls, then in their infancy, show that between July 1940 and May 1945, never less than 78 per cent of those polled said they approved of Churchill as prime minister.”

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/how-chur ... -world-war

Interestingly, Winston got dumped when the war ended.

Zelensky needs to continue his good work, convince the west to send more aid, and perhaps confide in others, in order to maintain public morale.

Ukraine is in a fight for its very existence, and it needs total unity to achieve that.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:12 pm

Vlad’s having more people falling out of windows, falling ill in restaurants and dying, no change there.
He’s also having people barred from running against I’m in next presidential election, whilst controlling all state media.
Plus he’s terrorising Ukrainian civilians with huge attacks on infrastructure countrywide.

Zelensky meanwhile is going cap in hand to less reliable allies.
It’s going to be a long hard Christmas for the soldiers and people of Ukraine, plus Russians deployed in the war with no hope of rotation.

Stalemate, until next summer at the very least, unless something miraculous happens to afford one of the protagonists an advantage.

Postby Rockstar » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:30 am

Egyptian Journalist Al-Alawi Found Dead After Exposing Alleged Zelenskyy Family Luxury Villa

https://newscentral.africa/egyptian-jou ... ury-villa/
Rockstar

Postby Holly » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:59 pm

Rockstar wrote:Egyptian Journalist Al-Alawi Found Dead After Exposing Alleged Zelenskyy Family Luxury Villa

Doesn't surprise me at all, I think it's pretty well suspected by many that he's corrupt.
Did he have that journalist killed? Who knows, but I wouldn't put it past him.
I wonder where he would end up should he lose the war.
If he had to flee, I bet he'd live somewhere in luxury, probably in the US...where else? :roll:
That 5"2 little authoritarian/comedian/actor, is no better than Putin.

I feel very sorry for the Ukrainian people.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:27 pm

Holly wrote:
Rockstar wrote:Egyptian Journalist Al-Alawi Found Dead After Exposing Alleged Zelenskyy Family Luxury Villa

Doesn't surprise me at all, I think it's pretty well suspected by many that he's corrupt.
Did he have that journalist killed? Who knows, but I wouldn't put it past him.
I wonder where he would end up should he lose the war.
If he had to flee, I bet he'd live somewhere in luxury, probably in the US...where else? :roll:
That 5"2 little authoritarian/comedian/actor, is no better than Putin.

I feel very sorry for the Ukrainian people.

When fighting an evil bastard, it’s best to have a leader who thinks similarly.
History shows that’s the only way to try and win.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms