Hello

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Hello

Postby Guest » Sat May 04, 2024 11:07 pm

dog wrote:It's been a week since my birthday party and it was great fun.
I surprised myself by lasting the night, mostly on the dancefloor.
I paid for it afterwards with fatigue and pain but it was so worth it.

What's going on with this weather?
It's been Grey and drizzly all day.
The weather is so inconsistent lately that I'm never sure what to wear when I step outside.
Hoping for some lovely warm sunny weather soon.

Keep up the positive mental attitude :thumbsup:

Postby dog » Sun May 05, 2024 9:47 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

The weather is so inconsistent lately that I'm never sure what to wear when I step outside.

it sounds like you had a great night dog

What was the music like?

I'm picturing you as a Bee Gees/Saturday Night Fever type of dancer! :canny:

Have you got any other events planned?

It was really good fun.
We had a DJ who played a good variety of music and was happy to take requests.
I know my friends were saying afterwards how much they loved just getting up on the dance floor and dancing all night as they don't really get the opportunity to do that anymore. Most of us are at an age where we don't go clubbing anymore so it was good to let go.

I do like a bit of Bee Gees I have to say. :twirl:

The only plans I have at the moment is I'm going away for a few days during my next week off chemo in a few weeks.
We will be stopping in some glamping pods and I get to take my two little dogs with me as they are dog friendly.
I'm really looking forward to that.
We try to plan most stuff during my week off as I'm usually feeling a bit less tired with a bit less pain.
I've been more tired than I usually am after my chemo on Tuesday but I guess the more I have the longer it stays in the body.

I try not to plan too far in advance as I just never know in what state I'll be further down the line.
At the moment the chemotherapy is keeping my cancer stable and I'm kind of doing ok but I know that can change quickly and once the decline starts it can be rapid.

I'm just living in the moment and taking each day as it comes and really enjoying the times I'm well enough to get out and do things such as the party but also taking joy in the little things such as reading my book or watching the birds in my garden.
dog

Postby dog » Sun May 05, 2024 9:53 pm

Guest wrote:

Keep up the positive mental attitude :thumbsup:

Thank you I do try to stay positive.
I've felt more tired than usual which leaves me feeling frustrated as it does stop me doing things but I just try and concentrate on the positives such as spending time reading or watching the birds in my garden.
dog

Postby Stooo » Sun May 05, 2024 10:02 pm

dog wrote:
I've felt more tired than usual which leaves me feeling frustrated as it does stop me doing things but I just try and concentrate on the positives such as spending time reading or watching the birds in my garden.

I love noisy birds when it's not fucking pissing down :woteva:

Here's a couple of fellas outside of my window enjoying it while it was :brella:

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby guest » Mon May 06, 2024 3:24 am

my local park has a number of ducklings, goslings, moorhen chicks and coot chicks. I try to intervene in certain areas to maintain the chances of survival of the goslings.

Postby dog » Mon May 06, 2024 5:01 am

Stooo wrote:
dog wrote:

I love noisy birds when it's not fucking pissing down :woteva:

Here's a couple of fellas outside of my window enjoying it while it was :brella:

Love those pics. That's the beauty of birds, they seem to enjoy all weathers.

I moved home last October (well I didn't lift a finger actually as my kids did it all while I was in hospital). I didn't have a garden before so didn't see many birds apart from the seagulls.
I'm loving my little garden now and get lots of variety coming to visit.
My favourites at the moment are the Wood Pigeons.
I never noticed before but they have really comical but sweet cartoon like faces.

My son bought me a really good bird feeder for my birthday so now I can give them more variety to eat and they can even have a bath. :smilin:

My garden is kind of wild and I like it like that.
I have all kinds of weird and wonderful flowers popping up everywhere.

I have a nest of Starlings just above my living room window and it's fascinating to watch them coming and going all day.

I've always liked birds, even the really annoying seagulls but have found I actually find it relaxing to just sit and watch them.
dog

Postby dog » Mon May 06, 2024 5:13 am

guest wrote:my local park has a number of ducklings, goslings, moorhen chicks and coot chicks. I try to intervene in certain areas to maintain the chances of survival of the goslings.

That's a really lovely thing to do.
We get little Geese families wandering around near one of our supermarkets.
There are signs up telling people to be careful and to slow down so as not to hurt them.
A couple of years ago some cunt deliberately ran one of the little families over and then last year another twat went and did the same.
There are little memorial plaques up to remember them.

I just don't get the mentality of someone who could do something like that.
I mean they weren't hurting anyone.

We have a lot of seagulls and there are always posts in the local paper about kids and even adults being cruel to them, often ending up in a painful death. Same for the pigeons.
I get the seagulls can be annoying. They rip up bin bags and leave rubbish everywhere but that's down to humans and their filthy ways.
Funny that since I moved house the seagulls don't rip up bin bags as people round here don't leave their rubbish lying around everywhere.
Instead they seem to spend their time tippy tapping on the grass to bring up the worms.
dog

Postby Guest » Mon May 06, 2024 5:21 am

dog wrote:
guest wrote:my local park has a number of ducklings, goslings, moorhen chicks and coot chicks. I try to intervene in certain areas to maintain the chances of survival of the goslings.

There are signs up telling people to be careful and to slow down so as not to hurt them.
A couple of years ago some cunt deliberately ran one of the little families over and then last year another twat went and did the same.

We have a lot of seagulls and there are always posts in the local paper about kids and even adults being cruel to them, often ending up in a painful death. Same for the pigeons.
I get the seagulls can be annoying. They rip up bin bags and leave rubbish everywhere but that's down to humans and their filthy ways.
Funny that since I moved house the seagulls don't rip up bin bags as people round here don't leave their rubbish lying around everywhere.
Instead they seem to spend their time tippy tapping on the grass to bring up the worms.

You reminded me of this…
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CqwiP8yiVcY

:gigglesnshit:

Postby Holly » Mon May 06, 2024 5:58 am

Guest wrote:
dog wrote:

You reminded me of this…

Cute :wubbers:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon May 06, 2024 7:00 am

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:
dog wrote:

You reminded me of this…

Cute :wubbers:

It’s rather brilliant, and also shows that the term “bird brain” is ever so wrong. :gigglesnshit:
There’s another of a sandwich being stolen.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon May 06, 2024 10:27 am

That's great, glad you enjoyed yourself :Dance:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby dog » Mon May 06, 2024 5:19 pm

Guest wrote:
dog wrote:

You reminded me of this…

That's brilliant :laughing:

About 5 years ago I was in town and treated myself to a sausage sandwich.
I walked out the shop, went to take a bite and wham! I felt something slam into my shoulder and side of my face and my sandwich was gone.
It was a bloody big seagull.
It actually hurt and the side of my face was red and sore.
I saw the funny side though as I watched it fly onto the roof and enjoy my sausage sandwich :laughing:
I'm much more careful about eating outside now though.
dog

Postby dog » Mon May 06, 2024 5:19 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

That's great, glad you enjoyed yourself :Dance:

Thanks Tokes :smilin:
dog

Postby Guest » Mon May 06, 2024 10:04 pm

dog wrote:
Guest wrote:
dog wrote:

You reminded me of this…

I walked out the shop, went to take a bite and wham! I felt something slam into my shoulder and side of my face and my sandwich was gone.
I saw the funny side though as I watched it fly onto the roof and enjoy my sausage sandwich :laughing:

Aerial pirates or muggers :gigglesnshit:
When I was a kid I used to love travelling miles to the nearest seaside to see the gulls.
Now they’re ubiquitous, because they know that where there are humans there is food.
That goes for pigeons too.
Clever clever clever!

Postby Guest » Mon May 06, 2024 11:40 pm

dog wrote:
Guest wrote:
dog wrote:

You reminded me of this…

Was it with ketchup or brown sauce?
I ask because I know the bastard seagull who loves ketchup. :canny:
He’s also partial to Guinness and prawn cocktail crisps, beware if you’re in the beer garden.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms